7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are they really going to re-release series 1 in the mean time? :(

Yes they will, BBTS confirmed it and it makes sense for DC Direct to push back Series 2 to July when they can release Series 2 AS WELL AS rerelease Series 1 because Series 1 was scheduled for a July rerelease as well...

Hey Guys Got my long wanted Set today! :) I want to change the Harley's forearms to the right colour. Never done any customisation, any idea on how to do the boil and pop thing, like how hot should the water be? Should I place the whole figure? If not which parts? For how long?

Thanks in advance :wave

I wanna do the arm thing but am afraid of how it would effect the stockings, guess only partially dip. I heard they are making more just for certain stores like big bad toy store, because they mis-calculated and ran out of stock. or are they just re-releasing them to all stores that carried them previously?

Put a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes and just dip the parts you need to swap in the water for about the same time. Makes them really limp and easy to pop things off, etc. You'll probably have to do the arms one at a time. Reheat the water every so often. Sometimes cooling off certain parts will make them easier to go back in if the other part is heated up (ie popping the cooled hand back into a warm arm). Hope that helps.

I used the same method as Buttmunch for my Harley - just boiled some hot water, poured it into a cup and then dunked Harleys' arms in for a couple of mins.
It worked very well - the plastic went nice and soft so I could easilypop off the hands and the arms from the shoulders.
Gotta say it improves the look of the figure x100
5-10.jpg

Also if you look closer at the figure you can even see on the purple gloved hand some red peeking through where it's supposed to be connected to the red sleeve - an annoying production error but thankfully very easily fixed!! :D

Thanks Guys! I just did the switch 5 mins back. My first time so took like 20mins for the whole thing to happen. The arms were easier to pop than the wrists. The purple glove took the hardest time to come out... But now my Harley looks accurate :) Thanks again everyone for their advice :wave

Just an FYI, the new Mattel Arkham City 2 packs appear to be done in scale with DCD instead of DCUC figures! :rock

Woah! didnt expect that... did anyone get these in hand yet? if yes, some nice pics would be really helpful :wave I convinced myself not to get these as I reckoned that DC Direct WOULD eventually do the figures and we'd get them with better sculpts, paint and also in scale with the AA figures.

Yeah, pics are over on the Fwoosh. They look like they turned out fantastic. Mine will be here Wednesday, which can't come soon enough :lol

If they are truly in scale with the DCD AA figures then I'll very likely get that 2 pack - hopefully some pictures will surface soon showing them in comparison to the DCD figures we already have.
The Two-Face looks really nice - not liking the big, glaring ab-crunch cut on Batman so much though....

Woah! didnt expect that... did anyone get these in hand yet? if yes, some nice pics would be really helpful :wave I convinced myself not to get these as I reckoned that DC Direct WOULD eventually do the figures and we'd get them with better sculpts, paint and also in scale with the AA figures.

If they are truly in scale with the DCD AA figures then I'll very likely get that 2 pack - hopefully some pictures will surface soon showing them in comparison to the DCD figures we already have.
The Two-Face looks really nice - not liking the big, glaring ab-crunch cut on Batman so much though....

Quick size comparison -

DSCN7533.jpg

DSCN7534.jpg

Yeah, thanks for the size comparison pics dharmabot - I'm definitely gonna get this 2 pack now.

Back