1/6 $550 Should I spend this much I need you guy's opinion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on how the money is managed. For us, $550 is a fair chunk of change that needs to be planned for, especially when kids are in the mix. As well as the cash, there's the decor. If it's going in a man cave, sure. But if the display area is in a communal space, something like a 1/6 vehicle needs agreement.

Spot the unmarried man :lol

Is he talking about trying to get a Hot toys 1989 batmobile? You can get one with scratches/minor factory defects from BBTS for $429.99. You can take the incredible amount of money you saved on a tumbler and buy some scratch cleaning and buff out equipment.

BTW Im curious, did you meet with the guy in person and pay him $40 for the tumbler? I'm assuming he didn't ship it to you, that alone would have been more than $40.

Wife > batmobile

Overpriced car for your doll < vajay jay

Yo woman's respect > another Batman toy

I guess chicks don't dig the car afterall

Batmans lied to us Crying_Smiley_by_Newblood84.gif

If the money is tight, don't do it. If your pockets are overflowing with green ones, do it. Simple as that.

You def should see it in person and go over it with a fine tooth comb first before committing to anything. Do your research on the car, see what other owners have experienced, make sure it has everything it is suppose to come with. If satisfied, and you're wife is cool with it and won't kill you, then go for it. It's a great price for it.

Is he talking about trying to get a Hot toys 1989 batmobile? You can get one with scratches/minor factory defects from BBTS for $429.99. You can take the incredible amount of money you saved on a tumbler and buy some scratch cleaning and buff out equipment.
BBTS damaged ones are still almost $550 when you add in shipping and who knows what amount of damage you are getting.

The only question you need to ask yourself is: "How much do you want it?" I got mine at 565 when it came out and that's a fair chunk of change for me but everytime and I mean EVERYTIME I look at mine I just smile and know it was worth it. WORTH IT!!!!!

Lol no Man Cave for me and yeah I have 2 kids, but this is money that I could spend. Also would be in my living room. My wife doesn't mind she likes how the action figures look.

If the money is tight, don't do it. If your pockets are overflowing with green ones, do it. Simple as that.

They're not overflowing I wish It was like that, but it is money that I had saved up for some action figures.

BTW Im curious, did you meet with the guy in person and pay him $40 for the tumbler? I'm assuming he didn't ship it to you, that alone would have been more than $40.

No I drove to his place and bought it cash. I seen the one for $429 on BBTS, I want to order it it would be around $530 shipped but I'm scared that something might arrived Broken I don't mind the scuffs and scratches. Has anyone bought one from BBTS like that one? since there's no returns or exchanges.

You def should see it in person and go over it with a fine tooth comb first before committing to anything. Do your research on the car, see what other owners have experienced, make sure it has everything it is suppose to come with. If satisfied, and you're wife is cool with it and won't kill you, then go for it. It's a great price for it.

Bad News the guy Ranked out in the last minute he said $700 I knew it was too good to be true. Pissed me off, I got all excited thinking I was picking it up tonight after work.

Try to get paypal on your side. The page at BBTS says that there will be scratches and minor factory defects, but not outright broken batmobile. So if you get sent a broken batmobile, and even if BBTS says they wont accept returns, try opening a paypal case saying you did not receive what you purchased. BBTS says at most there will be scratches and factory defects, and out right damage makes you eligible for buyer protection.

Depends if you want to risk it. BBTS are a bunch of good guys in all my business done with them, however that being said, I have really never quite seen vendors trying to sell factory defective items. I thought vendors just sent them back to manufacturers. Up to you , see if lightning can strike twice for good batmobile deals.

BTW i'm still trying to process what an amazing deal $40 for a tumbler is. Even if someone planned to rob the guys' house to steal the tumbler, he would still need more than $40 of house robbery equipment lol.

Try to get paypal on your side. The page at BBTS says that there will be scratches and minor factory defects, but not outright broken batmobile. So if you get sent a broken batmobile, and even if BBTS says they wont accept returns, try opening a paypal case saying you did not receive what you purchased. BBTS says at most there will be scratches and factory defects, and out right damage makes you eligible for buyer protection.

Depends if you want to risk it. BBTS are a bunch of good guys in all my business done with them, however that being said, I have really never quite seen vendors trying to sell factory defective items. I thought vendors just sent them back to manufacturers. Up to you , see if lightning can strike twice for good batmobile deals.

BTW i'm still trying to process what an amazing deal $40 for a tumbler is. Even if someone planned to rob the guys' house to steal the tumbler, he would still need more than $40 of house robbery equipment lol.
Yeah I think I'm going to use paypal great Idea. But now I feel like the tumbler was a curse, since now I'm getting more into high end Figures. I used to collect Marvel and Spawn, the most expensive one that I bought was $80, and this is like 7x's more dammit :slap lol. But I do love the way they look.

Yeah I think I'm going to use paypal great Idea. But now I feel like the tumbler was a curse, since now I'm getting more into high end Figures. I used to collect Marvel and Spawn, the most expensive one that I bought was $80, and this is like 7x's more dammit :slap lol. But I do love the way they look.

Welcome to the club:lol

Back