5 reasons why Comic-Con sucks....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will just say this about strollers and kids. Go to Disney World and try to have a nice relaxing vacation at some of the parks. All day you are trying not to get run over by strollers driven by angry parents trying to drag their damn kids kids around the park that will probably be too young to remember or actually give a shat about the expensive vacation.

After a day of dodging I am usually forced to spend it in a bus listening to all of those little brats cry and scream and have to watch their parents try to calm them down with threats of timeouts.

Just sayin. :monkey3

Sometimes parents need to realize that their kids may be a little to young for what they have in mind. :lecture
Why would you go to Disney World without kids?

Last year was my first and I had no idea what to expect. Thera so much to see. Now I'm coming up with a list of exclusives to get. Do your shopping first day or two. The ss booth is a good central location to refocus.

I wish there was some way we could identify each other as ssfreaks.

YOUR RIGHT MESA!! It would be cool to see who's a freak!! What do you think would be a good idea?!?!

Last year, by Sunday, I was done with the crowds. But I think I overdid it. This year I plan in taking it a litle slower once I get the exclusives out of the way. Maybe leave at halftime for lunch at a bar and then come back for round two.

If people get on your nerves SDCC isn't the place for you. The crowds have gotten insane. This will be the second year my family and I do not attend. I'm half happy and half sad. Happy because it can be a hassle at times. Sad because it is the most fun one can have as a nerd.

My biggest gripe is that people should be forced to shower and use deodorant.

Sorry to hear that man, I have a feeling this will be the last year I can talk my wife into going; believe it or not, she doesn't like pushing around a stroller. :monkey3 Next year I will probably be going with just my son and niece.

YOUR RIGHT MESA!! It would be cool to see who's a freak!! What do you think would be a good idea?!?!

Lots of freaks will hsng out at the sideshow booth. Where else can you see pitu? I think the ss shirt is a good idea. If you see someone wearing one, just ask if they're on the board. I'm going solo, so definitely like to meet cool people. I think I will be able to recognize a few people that I met last tear.

Last year, by Sunday, I was done with the crowds. But I think I overdid it. This year I plan in taking it a litle slower once I get the exclusives out of the way. Maybe leave at halftime for lunch at a bar and then come back for round two.

Honestly, aside from panels, I saw all I needed to after the first two days. The only things I will probably be looking at after that is the artwork for sale.

Lots of freaks will hsng out at the sideshow booth. Where else can you see pitu? I think the ss shirt is a good idea. If you see someone wearing one, just ask if they're on the board. I'm going solo, so definitely like to meet cool people. I think I will be able to recognize a few people that I met last tear.

I don't think she will have a problem finding p!tu.

Last year I tried to be organized...this year I'm winging it...I may go to panels...I may not...I'm mainly going to party with the freaks...and see some new stuff.....and drool over David Tennant.....

Sorry to hear that man, I have a feeling this will be the last year I can talk my wife into going; believe it or not, she doesn't like pushing around a stroller. :monkey3 Next year I will probably be going with just my son and niece.

Might be a beter time if just you and your son and whoever else is really onto the event, especially if they are old enough to appreciate it. Does your wife go just to keep you happy? Or does she really like pop culture?

Might be a better time if just you and your son and whoever else is really onto the event, especially if they are old enough to appreciate it. Does your wife go just to keep you happy? Or does she really like pop culture?
No, she goes just for me and to watch our son while I go down artist's alley, the movie plugs, and go shopping. She used to be really into anime and online games- she actually taught me how to play MTG- but it is amazing how once you have children women change.

HMMMMMmmmmmm...I wonder if we could talk Chicky into making special "Sideshow Freak" shirts for us next year? :confused:

Last year I tried to be organized...this year I'm winging it...I may go to panels...I may not...I'm mainly going to party with the freaks...and see some new stuff.....and drool over David Tennant.....

Luckily there aren't that many panels I really want to see. I would like to see the Trick or Treat screening.

I like to see just about everything - every movie, every major TV show, EVERYTHING. So I get really frustrated trying to run between rooms. The only strategy that works is get in line for a room 2 panels before the one you want to see and then stay in that room the entire day.
I sent 5 emails to the convention through the year trying to get them to create a VIP pass that allowed you to bypass the lines. I'd pay $1000 for one of those.

I like to see just about everything - every movie, every major TV show, EVERYTHING. So I get really frustrated trying to run between rooms. The only strategy that works is get in line for a room 2 panels before the one you want to see and then stay in that room the entire day.
I sent 5 emails to the convention through the year trying to get them to create a VIP pass that allowed you to bypass the lines. I'd pay $1000 for one of those.

So you can do that....just like hang out in the room all day...they don't eventually kick u out?
Aren't press passes considered VIP passes?

So you can do that....just like hang out in the room all day...they don't eventually kick u out?
Aren't press passes considered VIP passes?

Once you've made it in a room you can camp out there all day. Though I think Hall H is the only one with their own bathrooms and snack area. The other rooms you'll have to leave to go to the bathroom...then probably get back in line again....

Luckily there aren't that many panels I really want to see. I would like to see the Trick or Treat screening.

That would be cool..when is it? I know when I finally get around to looking at the schedule there's going to be a ton of stuff I would like to see. Last year I had written down all the panels I wanted to get into...but looking back now, I realize it was virtually impossible to do that many....plus it wears me out sitting around all day in a room.....I ended up going to maybe 2 a day....so that will probably be what I do this year.

That would be cool..when is it? I know when I finally get around to looking at the schedule there's going to be a ton of stuff I would like to see. Last year I had written down all the panels I wanted to get into...but looking back now, I realize it was virtually impossible to do that many....plus it wears me out sitting around all day in a room.....I ended up going to maybe 2 a day....so that will probably be what I do this year.

Not Bannister buuuuuuut....

Trick R' Treat screening is on Thursday night, ballroom 20. Around 9-ish.

I think it is Thursday night. The only other panel I really want to see is Coraline. I want to go to the Iron Man panel, but I know that is going to be crowded as hell. There are a couple others I want to go to but if I don't, I won't really care. I don't even care if I go to the Sideshow panel.:lol:lol:lol

Not Bannister buuuuuuut....

Trick R' Treat screening is on Thursday night, ballroom 20. Around 9-ish.

Thanks for the info - hmmmm...that would mean a late start on the drinking. :mad: :lol

I think it is Thursday night. The only other panel I really want to see is Coraline. I want to go to the Iron Man panel, but I know that is going to be crowded as hell. There are a couple others I want to go to but if I don't, I won't really care. I don't even care if I go to the Sideshow panel.:lol:lol:lol

There was a couple I thought sounded cool....but now i don't remember what they were.......iron Man would be cool...but yeah that line is going to be like the damn Twilight line. :mad: But maybe I'll camp out beforehand.....is Downey Jr going to be there? If he is I'll make an extra effort. :lol

Back