41" Batman statue WIP **UPDATED 03/29/14**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

attom44

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is one of my latest sculptures. This is a 1/3 scale 41" Batman statue with mixed media fabric cape. I've just roughed in all the major parts of the figure, and will shortly begin the details. The statue as you see it now is 28.5" and when the lower base is added it will make it 41" in height. Things like glove fins, boots, utility belt and chest plate will all need addressing in this stage. The base will have a lower section with more cave details and will be LED lighted with the ability to change colors with a hand held remote. The final cape will be wired for posing. Final version will be resin and fully painted... cape will also have scalloped points along the bottom edge. Paint scheme will be either black or black/blue and grey. Exposed face area on cowl will be flesh. Thanks for viewing... and I hope you enjoy this brief video teaser. The sculpture right now before molding is comprised of armature wire, and monster clay. Monster clay can be purchased from www.monstermakers.com. For this sculpture I have used three (3) 5 lb. blocks of this clay, and the lower base when completed will be another 5 lb. block of monster clay. Look for my videos of a 1/3 scale Werewolf, and 1/3 scale Gandalf the grey..:)

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:
Re: 34" Batman statue WIP

Looks incredible so far. The cowl looks to have a bit of a Simon Bisley/Neil Sims influence, and I really like the Bat symbol on his chest. Can't wait to see more.

Re: 34" Batman statue WIP

Looks incredible so far. The cowl looks to have a bit of a Simon Bisley/Neil Sims influence, and I really like the Bat symbol on his chest. Can't wait to see more.

Awesome, can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks guys...Simon Bisley was one of my all time favorites..as well as Tim Vigil, and Neil Addams in art school..:) I think subconsciously I've drawn on a lot of Batman influence throughout my fascination with this character.. Comics, movies, animation, and video games... I'll keep updating with pics as I go... I'm using Monster Clay, which is a very waxey and hard sculpting medium... He has a telescopic armature, so the head, arms and legs are all removeable for casting, His fina cape will be long, scalloped and wired for ultimate flowing and posing...LOL. I'm just have a huge amount of fun with this one... Happy Holidays!
Adam

Last edited:
Re: 32" Batman statue WIP

mod might move this thread to the custom section. not too sure but I think custom on a licensed item is ok here.

I am slowly doing a 1/4 scale hulk custom myself.

Hi I wanted to share a new sculpt I'm working on a 34" version of Batman.. Batman is 26.5" and with the base 32". It's a total WIP right now but I hope to have the sculpture complete for molding by the end of Jan. 2014....:)

must be a 1/3 scale?

mod might move this thread to the custom section. not too sure but I think custom on a licensed item is ok here.

I am slowly doing a 1/4 scale hulk custom myself.

That Hulk sounds very awesome... I'm hoping of all goes well this will be the center of my Batman collection. Yes he's 1/3 if not a tad larger...:)

Last edited:

That Hulk sounds very awesome... I'm hoping of all goes well this will be the center of my Batman collection. Yes he's 1/3 id not a tad larger...:)

its based on a well known published comic but I don't want to give anything away right now; don't want to embarrass myself, lol. I already went through a few stages and will go through more. I still think its a custom as I don't see anyone doing it; but someone(s) already did the same and call it custom on a different art work.

good luck to ya.

woo.. nice .. hope to see the final product soon

Here's the latest update to this sculpt...12/21/13 If you want a size reference the bottle under Bats foot is 8"... still loads, and loads of work to go.. the unfinished arm will hold a bater-rang and I still haven't decided on the base.. If you have any base ideas let me know???

1477789_10202743709536937_715338806_n.jpg

1476231_10202799620094666_1917144172_n.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 32" Batman statue WIP **UPDATED 12/21/13**

This is some pretty nice work here. I would maybe bulk up his neck a bit, and tone down the lines around his eyes a bit, but that is just A style preference thing.

that werewolf in the back looks interesting. and the bat shows good sign.

Damn, looking great so far! It might just be the perspective but the proportion from one leg to the other looks off. His left leg which he is leaning on the bent knee looks less muscular than his straight right leg. His right thigh just looks huge and with the way his left leg is bent, I feel like the compressed area would be much bulkier. Again, it could just be the angle and perspective of the shot throwing me off. Maybe it looks fine from the profile...In any case, this still looks phenomenal!

This is some pretty nice work here. I would maybe bulk up his neck a bit, and tone down the lines around his eyes a bit, but that is just A style preference thing.

Thanks Spidey976...You are correct about the neck..will be going back to then neck for some bulking and then shaping.. Bats is still going through his roughing in stage...also please keep in mind the bad lighting and cell phone pic...LOL...appreciate your comments!

that werewolf in the back looks interesting. and the bat shows good sign.

Hi Mr. Green... when Bats is done my plan is to finish the armature for the Werewolf... I probably shouldn't post WIP pics but I like hearing feedback from folks like you and other collectors during the building process...:) Thank you!

Damn, looking great so far! It might just be the perspective but the proportion from one leg to the other looks off. His left leg which he is leaning on the bent knee looks less muscular than his straight right leg. His right thigh just looks huge and with the way his left leg is bent, I feel like the compressed area would be much bulkier. Again, it could just be the angle and perspective of the shot throwing me off. Maybe it looks fine from the profile...In any case, this still looks phenomenal!

Hi Sarakawa, Thank you for your thoughtful critiqe...your on the money here... Bats is still mostly in the rough stage and adding clay every chance I get.. once his arm is finished I'll be going at him with calipers and clay, or a knife for removing.. then it's on to the 100 hours of detail, cleaning and then fine detail...LOL! There is also the angel and the bad cell phone pics.. I can't back up to far because there is a computer table right behind me... I'll be transferring Bats to a sculpting stand the day after X-Mas and then I can get a rotating 360 walk around view...then the fun begins! Thanks again!

Happy Holidays to all and be safe!!!
Adam

This looks incredible so far. Love the stance he is taking. Any ideas on the base?

Just put in about 10 more hours into Batman... will post some new pics on Sunday...:)

I think with batman, the Gargoyle is the go-to base.

Back