3D sculptor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vartal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi! First of all I would like to introduce myself, I'm a 3D sculptor from Spain. Although I have a lot of experience sculpting and making molds I've recently entered to the head sculpt thing.

Maybe some of you have seen my ads on ebay titled as "your own head", well it all started like an idea and I've discovered a whole new world.

The purpose of this thread is to get some tips for my new projects and to improve my work. By now everybody is very happy with their heads but I would like to hear all kind of opinions to try to be a better sculptor.

I'm attaching one of the heads I'm sculpting right now. I'm not happy yet with the likeness and it also needs all the fine details but here is Bill Paxton.

Many thanks for your comments!

1.gif

Seen your ebay stuff. Could you post better pics here showing how the finished HS comes out and post pics comparing the HS to SS or DMl HS.

Thats cool looking... although it doesn't strike me as Paxton. But him spinning might be making it hard to tell :lol

Welcome though!

ive heard about this technology a number of years back ... but unfortunately due the the old 3D scanning machine the detail of the sculpt is quite low :(

Thanks for your comments. I'm not an expert on action figures, until now I've been using measurements from people and it worked out quite good.

Give me some days and I will prepare more photos. Now I only have these 2.

These are 1/11 heads, very small compared with a 1/6 head. I don't know what technology you're talking about but I get this level of detail.

The only famous here is Gary Cooper on the left.

3%20cabezas.jpg

cabcuerpo.jpg

Many thanks for your welcome! :banana

oh i thought you use one of those old 3D scanner machine and let the machine do the sculpting... so you hand sculpt those heads? my bad then :p

oh i thought you use one of those old 3D scanner machine and let the machine do the sculpting... so you hand sculpt those heads? my bad then :p

I sculpt those heads with some thousands of mouse clicks. The only difference is that you don't have to clean your hands later.:joy

Really interesting! I wonder how to convert the 3D model files into real head sculpts? How does this work? :confused:

Back