3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Possible Hot Toys DC TV license?

Heh. I figured I probably wasn't the only one. Now it just means I have to wait even longer!

Funny, the pin is meant to strengthen the joint. But because the ball is shoved in so tight, the pin inadvertantly caused the plastic to snap. Cos it isn't long enough and it seems to "float" in the joint. I remember mine just peeling off. Poor engineering.

I own all their Transformer pieces so far with no problems, I can't understand how they could get this wrong.

Agreed, it's a huge oversight to a very well designed figure. So much thought went behind it's design and the one area that's supposed to be the figures foundation is its weakest. In the video i linked earlier, the guy showing off the figure is one of its lead designers. He goes in depth with the design process and explains the why's and how's.

it's bizarre the final product features a "flimsy" design.

Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

Dang, really sorry to hear people are having issues with their TLK Prime. Hope that 3A CS takes care of it quickly for you all. On a side note, not sure how everyone else feels about the TLK Bumblebee but just not feeling it. I scooped up a DOTM on Ebay for $500 shipped. There is one more listing similar on there if anyone is interested.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and be safe during black Friday shopping cause people can get a bit crazy!!!

Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

My favorite version is the DOTM rendition. So; like you, I'm not super fond of the TLK Bee neither. I like the added detail and articulation though.

Something about TLK bee bugged the crap outta me. Particularly his entrance. His head seemed...oversized. It was weird.

In fact, the entirety of TLK bugged the crap outta me. Hated...HATED the movie. Liked primes design, but HATED the movie.

Man I'm so glad Bay isn't involved with bumblebee. Sorry guys, just wanted to vent a bit.

I like DOTM optimus a lot but figure itself, DOTM Optimus is look outdated compare to TLK Optimus IMO.
I got both version but If I choose one, I'll go with TLK OP.

I'm a fan of both looks. Although I can see why people complained about how prime looked in AoE and TLK, he doesn't look like a transformer anymore. No truck parts are visible throughout his design save for the smoke stacks. I on the other hand liked it. He friggin looked like a knight!

Agree about Bee and TLK in general.
However, Optimus in the first 3 movies is my favorite.
His looks changed to that of a giant mech instead of a transformer.

From AOE onwards, they tried making them all look more organic. Bee looks insect like.

I still favor earlier renditions - I think those were the perfect balance between Cybertronian organic and familiar earth machinery.

Btw, I think Optimus AOE and TLK looks like he's got t!ts. Just sayin.

Has anyone heard anything from Bambaland regarding release of the TLK Bumblebee?

just got tracking for bumblebee today

Surprisingly, I received mine this afternoon. I was almost tempted to take a knife to the plastic slipcase that surrounds the foam because I kept trying to slip it off, but there are a couple of large velcro dots on the side which just need to be pulled apart. Hopefully I will find some time to check it out more closely later tonight or tomorrow.

Surprisingly, I received mine this afternoon. I was almost tempted to take a knife to the plastic slipcase that surrounds the foam because I kept trying to slip it off, but there are a couple of large velcro dots on the side which just need to be pulled apart. Hopefully I will find some time to check it out more closely later tonight or tomorrow.

Congrats!
Can you post some pics?
I think I can received mine next year. :(

Quick cellphone picture.

IMG_E6386.jpg

I found newest unboxing video on Youtube.
I really want this BB figure now.

Well this figure didn't disappoint. I thought the first Bee was great, but this one tops it in every way. The glossy metallic yellow takes some getting used to, I kinda like the original's grimy look better. But that's just me.

5jjAMUU.jpg

b3AmT0G.jpg

Sx4FaPO.jpg

U6nHtZw.jpg

OAIaEiv.jpg

KW8CRy7.jpg

ic7Mymh.jpg

pIJVANH.jpg

qm0v8xd.jpg

qtKqeV9.jpg

nhTYUOU.jpg

oa2gLKs.jpg

Is new one more bright yellow color than old one or just lighting?
Both look great!

New one's brighter and glossier.

Back