3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup its still a good massive figure.... but not a fan of the excessive weathering... 3 main issues on the paintworks.. firstly the "scratches" on the blue parts are way too thick they looked like painted by a 10 year old with a thick brush... 2ndly, there are way too many tiny weathering grey dots on the blue / red armor.. and lastly the grey skeleton body is way too grey and over- rusted, not a slight hint of chrome... Since it is a plastic figure, the paintwork is very crucial in making it look diecast and movie accurate...

Im not new to 3a, dropcloths, de plumes, etc.. i have many.. and i love those weathering they are out of this world...

TF in vehicle mode are in showroom shine, but once in robot mode they became battled and weathered.... but not to the extend of dusty appearance in Mad Max movies...

For OP, 3A has weathered it to look like they come from Mad Max movies..

JUst got mine today.. disappointed at the overall figure.... Few years back i got the Valve Atlas 3A and sold it immediately due to the poor paintwork..

Few years later looks like 3A paintwork hasnt improved much... the scratches on legs are thick and poorly done... The grey parts are overly weathered... The red and blue parts only shine out under very bright light.....

Usualy figures appear better on hand than on camera.... but this is the exact opposite... Even using my mobile phone camera in indoor condition, the pictures showed a very impressive looking figure, bright armour etc... (if taken by professional photographers in good lighting condition, this figure will look exactly like what we see in the movie).......But on hand, it is dull, plasticky, over-weathered....

If Prime 1 paintwork is rated 10/10... and this has to be 5/10...

Cant compare as Prime 1 price is over the roof..... But once again 3A over-weathered their figures and there is a lack of diecast shine on the armor......

im seriously thinking of sending this to a full customizer repaint..

I know EXACTLY what you mean and can totally empathize. It looks like a tyre rim that hasn't been washed for months. It's got that brown/copper tint throughout. I too would've preferred if it looked like one of HT's Iron Man figures - lightly weathered/scratched but unmistakably metallic. Bumblebee was easy cos the yellow hides the copper weathering.

That said, the awsesomeness of the figure makes it very easy to overlook, at least for me. Still, I can understand where you're coming from.

Could someone please tell me the size of the exclusive blaster please. Height/width/depth. Would be much appreciated. Thanks

Got the leader of the Autobots! :)

Congrats World of 3A, it's amazing. Let's roll out! :panic::rock:blissy

8OmU5Nd.jpg

KerEnm1.jpg

Yhoepx5.jpg

fxRfYJZ.jpg

JT9WmEY.jpg

i ordered from BBTS and just got my notice it will be arriving in 10 days at their warehouse

Back