3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got normal version optimus from Hongkong.
It's very huge and fantastic.

I love this. You're gonna get this soon.

Congratulations!
3A's facebook page confirms that DOTM Optimus *retail version is now shipping.

Actually the batteries that we need for 3A Optimus Prime is AG-1 or AG-13? Or both can be use?

JUst got mine today.. disappointed at the overall figure.... Few years back i got the Valve Atlas 3A and sold it immediately due to the poor paintwork..

Few years later looks like 3A paintwork hasnt improved much... the scratches on legs are thick and poorly done... The grey parts are overly weathered... The red and blue parts only shine out under very bright light.....

Usualy figures appear better on hand than on camera.... but this is the exact opposite... Even using my mobile phone camera in indoor condition, the pictures showed a very impressive looking figure, bright armour etc... (if taken by professional photographers in good lighting condition, this figure will look exactly like what we see in the movie).......But on hand, it is dull, plasticky, over-weathered....

If Prime 1 paintwork is rated 10/10... and this has to be 5/10...

Cant compare as Prime 1 price is over the roof..... But once again 3A over-weathered their figures and there is a lack of diecast shine on the armor......

im seriously thinking of sending this to a full customizer repaint..

JUst got mine today.. disappointed at the overall figure.... Few years back i got the Valve Atlas 3A and sold it immediately due to the poor paintwork..

Few years later looks like 3A paintwork hasnt improved much... the scratches on legs are thick and poorly done... The grey parts are overly weathered... The red and blue parts only shine out under very bright light.....

Usualy figures appear better on hand than on camera.... but this is the exact opposite... Even using my mobile phone camera in indoor condition, the pictures showed a very impressive looking figure, bright armour etc... (if taken by professional photographers in good lighting condition, this figure will look exactly like what we see in the movie).......But on hand, it is dull, plasticky, over-weathered....

Cant compare as Prime 1 price is over the roof..... But once again 3A over-weathered their figures and there is a lack of diecast shine on the armor......

thankfully you're the only one out of many that thinks that:)

I take it you don't have the 3A Bumblebee. The paint job on that was well done.

I'm surprised by your feedback Sunny.
While I agree that it doesn't have the brand spanking new (and might l add inaccurate) sheen of Prime 1's rendition, it has the best paint job of 3A's Transformers to date. Certainly better than Bee and Megatron.
The weathering is on the heavy side, and the scratches doesn't hold up to close scrutiny. However, I still pause everytime I walk by Optimus. Might l add that I've had mine since July. It looks like Prime has seen some sh*****!

Of course it would benefit from some custom paint though. Most mass produced collectibles do.
I suggest you place it under some good lighting to get the effect you're looking for. I'm sure if you pay a customizer the equivalent to the cost of a Prime1 statue to custom paint this figure...it would appear to be godly.

Remember that this only costs $400.
There are much smaller versions (DMK 2.0 by 4Ever Studio) that retail for $300 and above.

Back