3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, the hood can be adjusted. It's on a ball joint.
Also, here's a quick crappy cellphone pic of mine:

20160713_191827.jpg

I have the original DMK kit, 4Ever is just a bit overpriced for me. 3A wins this for me, it is almost a perfect movie Optimus, the size of it is huge, and the paint and details are amazing, and it's all for just a little over $400 bucks. I can't wait to get mine from BBTS.

Really nice comparison pictures, very impressive 4Ever production! With less than a quarter in volume size, the model kit seems to feature even a little bit more details and appears to be a little more screen-accurate than 3A (almost in all aspects including gun, except for the head). Paint job is better on 3A.

I'll see what l can do about better pictures in natural lighting.
Pictures simply don't do the figure justice.

I have prime 1's optimus exclusive DOTM. that statue is absolutely amazing, 3A's looks fantastic too, I missed out on the exclusive, but will be getting the regular addition.

This has gone from "looks pretty cool" to "want" to "going to cancel because of the delay" to "the wait is ridiculous" to "wow pics looks pretty good" to "holy amazing" to "need" to "effing selling my kidney for this!"

This has gone from "looks pretty cool" to "want" to "going to cancel because of the delay" to "the wait is ridiculous" to "wow pics looks pretty good" to "holy amazing" to "need" to "effing selling my kidney for this!"

nah... its a bay creation and it doesn't transform... so easy pass! :google

This is like every Hot Toys thread on here.

For those wanting to see the articulation:
It's in Chinese l think.

https://youtu.be/-GnYbX7O13A

Wow thanks for that. Very thorough with the articulation. I understand and speak mandarin, but my vocab is limited. Apparently the reviewer stressed that the one articulation point to take extra care of are the shoulder joints. the hinge and construction for that area are designed in a way that can have potential breakage if not handled properly. make sure to grip the shoulder mechanic when swinging the arm forward so the force from the ratchet joint doesn't cause any stress to the butterfly motion joint.

Facebox , since you have the figure in hand, Do you agree with his assessment? And can you verify if that shoulder joint is something to look out for?

Last edited:
Wow thanks for that. Very thorough with the articulation. I understand and speak mandarin, but my vocab is limited. Apparently the reviewer stressed that the one articulation point to take extra care of are the shoulder joints. the hinge and construction for that area are designed in a way that can have potential breakage if not handled properly. make sure to grip the shoulder mechanic when swinging the arm forward so the force from the ratchet joint doesn't cause any stress to the butterfly motion joint.

Facebox , since you have the figure in hand, Do you agree with his assessment? And can you verify if that shoulder joint is something to look out for?

That's right.
The shoulders have what appears to be 4 points of articulation each. The ratcheting is so stiff that it could cause damage to another joint that doesn't rotate in the same direction.

Additionally, those who receive the retail version might wonder why Prime has holes in his hands.
They help support the weight of his gun.

Attachments

• 20160714_180906.jpg
    20160714_180906.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
That's right.
The shoulders have what appears to be 4 points of articulation each. The ratcheting is so stiff that it could cause damage to another joint that doesn't rotate in the same direction.

Damn. I wish benscollectables pointed that out in his review. I think it needs to be bought to the attention of many collectors that got, or is planning to get this.

It's not too bad.
People should simply handle it with care and they should be fine.

Attachments

• 20160714_182034.jpg
    20160714_182034.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Back