3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quote from the 3A rep.

Prime is shipping out in batches. Bambaland Orders will be going out initially followed by retail batches going out all of summer. Arrival times will vary by country/courier.

DOTM Starscream is still on track for Q3 estimated shipping. We'll have updates on the blog if he gets delayed.

Nice review.
The figure looks great!

Looks like the hips can collapse into itself too.

Attachments

• 13418798_1006607796126231_7621663644951359487_n.jpg
    13418798_1006607796126231_7621663644951359487_n.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 142
Wow Bens review made me giddy like a school girl at a (insert relevant teen pop singer) concert.

ThreeA did a phenomenal job! And seriously, at that price, with such amazing intricate detail that retains that much articulation...it's like highway robbery.

HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!

I hope someone put the 3A Optimus side by side with the Prime 1 version, i'm really curious.

Indeed a very nice figure, but why would they make the gun an exclusive? The weapons are essential to Transformers and this is just a kick in the nuts for fans.
Alright, so where can i find the exclusive now that it's sold out at bambaland?

Indeed a very nice figure, but why would they make the gun an exclusive? The weapons are essential to Transformers and this is just a kick in the nuts for fans.
Alright, so where can i find the exclusive now that it's sold out at bambaland?

Those that paid full price a year in advance get rewarded with free shipping and an exclusive item. The exclusive is usually something highly sought after in order to stimulate direct sales via Bambaland. I assume that it helps cover some production costs.

As to getting an exclusive now, your best chances are to purchase it off someone else. Evilbay being a place to start.

A recaster might see this as an opportunity as well, though this is frowned upon by many.

I hope someone put the 3A Optimus side by side with the Prime 1 version, i'm really curious.

Prime 1 is definitely more detailed and accurate. In a pro's eyes, they're probably on 2 different levels. But, 3A's poseability has made up for its lack of details IMO, not to mention the MSRP...

I'm curious if Prime 1 is able to add mobility to their statues, after seeing what 3A is capable of, I no longer think it's impossible. That would be PERFECT!

Prime 1 is definitely more detailed and accurate. In a pro's eyes, they're probably on 2 different levels. But, 3A's poseability has made up for its lack of details IMO, not to mention the MSRP...

I'm curious if Prime 1 is able to add mobility to their statues, after seeing what 3A is capable of, I no longer think it's impossible. That would be PERFECT!

I'd love it if Prime 1 formed a team to tackle the action figure side of collectibles. I honestly think they can give the best in the market a serious run for their money. Sculpting wise...imho, they have everyone beat. Hands down. (I'm mostly referring to flesh and bone characters, not robots)

I mean...why stop at articulated 1/4 scale figures? Why the hell not do a series of 1/3 articulated figures?

Nonetheless, 3A smacked this one out of the park.

is that gun the bamba exclusive? if so, that sucks. what weapons do the normal version's get?

I agree and would like to see it myself, but I think Prime 1 would have to develop an entirely new skill-set for that kind of project. A free-standing figure should be able to support its weight in multiple poses, so they would have to reconsider their weight distribution, materials choice, perhaps even the amount of detail to allow for joint clearances. Perhaps a good choice would be a statue-style core with a moveable head and arms.

is that gun the bamba exclusive? if so, that sucks. what weapons do the normal version's get?

Just the swords and the blade knuckle. Optimus without a gun is like Rambo without his weapons. They should have made the axe or Gun he uses at the end as the exclusive.

yeah detail wise, prime 1 is on another level, as well they should. statues allow that over articulated figures.

that being said, for 400 bucks compared to 2 grand, the amount of detail these ThreeA figures do have, the value, bang for your buck, whatever you want to call it, is unmatched hands down. in a way these are mini statues in my eyes, they are the most movie accurate figures out there. i proudly display these along with my other 1/4 scale sideshow statues. Me personally, i dont see a wide enough gap in quality/detail for me to justify the jump to buying all prime 1 statues over these figures. these are a steal at 400 bucks. the correct POSE is necessary tho to make the figure look good.

that being said, i do own megatron prime 1 statue so im not a prime 1 hater :wink1:

Hey! Does anyone know what the medium sized one is? It's pretty darn awesome!

Thanks.

That, my friend, is The model kit DMK01, made by takaratomy. I have 2 and it was awesome in terms of detail and articulation.

But we know who wins this round haha.

-edit: upon further inspection, the medium sized one can very well be a 3rd party version of the DMK01 model kit. Originally the kit didn't have THAT kind of paint work. Many customizers painted their kit to look more film accurate. Then came along a 3rd party and basically made molds of the kit, applied paint work, and released it as a complete figure and charged a lot of money for it. It looked nice, but it was essentially a KO of the model kit...you didn't have to put it together yourself as it comes preassembled.

Back