3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1st, the eyes.
The doors are also on the small side, and the wheels on his back seem to be inverted.
On this chest, there's supposed to be a dark gray towards the inside of the headlights and there isn't a Chevy logo on it's chest neither.

Lastly, when the battle mask is deployed there's supposed to be a gray coloration on the sides of his scalp. There is also some prominent yellow on his cheeks (seen from the side angles) that aren't supposed to be so vivid.

Again, these are by no means "deal breakers" for me. Just small nitpicks that I have found while ogling the pix.

1st, the eyes.
The doors are also on the small side, and the wheels on his back seem to be inverted.
On this chest, there's supposed to be a dark gray towards the inside of the headlights and there isn't a Chevy logo on it's chest neither.

Lastly, when the battle mask is deployed there's supposed to be a gray coloration on the sides of his scalp. There is also some prominent yellow on his cheeks (seen from the side angles) that aren't supposed to be so vivid.

Again, these are by no means "deal breakers" for me. Just small nitpicks that I have found while ogling the pix.

Dont you think these small "nitpicks" would irritate you if you have to pay 390 for the figure?

Only change I would want is the eyes. I think that's the only thing that's throwing the look of it off. It looks amazing overall. Don't really care about the small details in a figure like this. Looks like Bee aside from the face.

Dont you think these small "nitpicks" would irritate you if you have to pay 390 for the figure?

Not at all. Some things I can customize myself if I chose to do so. Besides, I've spent money on much worse. It's not perfect, but it's darn close.

Like Hologram Al said, the eyes are the main issue.
However, at 1/4th of P1's prices...I can live with the anime eyes.

The yellow paint also does not look right, the paint on Bumblebee in the movie is different, seems like a darker yellow. Dont get me wrong, I like the figure, just weighing it up.

If they don't fix the eyes at least we got the mask as an option. Preferred Bee with the mask anyways.

10686625_819155811461652_1579843295753736677_n.jpg

Ooh, pix!
Hol-AL, I agree. I'll probably get the prime1 Bumblebee bust too (if and when they make one).
That way I can display both versions.

Oooh whats happening with the glue? bits falling off already.

:lol
I wonder what the spray paint is for?

Damn I've been wanting someone to tackle the movie transformers, I personally love their designs. 3A first caught my attention with their Spartans but this really put me over the edge, its a shame i dont have the money to start collecting these on top of my iron man armors and a few other hts figures.

Not at all. Some things I can customize myself if I chose to do so. Besides, I've spent money on much worse. It's not perfect, but it's darn close.

Like Hologram Al said, the eyes are the main issue.
However, at 1/4th of P1's prices...I can live with the anime eyes.

Yup yup.

Damn I've been wanting someone to tackle the movie transformers, I personally love their designs. 3A first caught my attention with their Spartans but this really put me over the edge, its a shame i dont have the money to start collecting these on top of my iron man armors and a few other hts figures.

Maybe next year? :)

Nice shot from the angle by Cheng-Yeh Huang

10653632_680965718690442_7417595668244242627_n.jpg

Okay, so it's not movie accurate. But you'll be hard pressed to find a better Bee at this price. ThreeA's real steel robots were around this price range and they were well received by 1/6 collectors. Bee is slightly higher in price but can you blame them, look at the level of detail. It would be remiss to wish for Hot Toys to do this because I can guarantee a HT bumblebee would be WAY more than $390 so careful what you wish for! I may be in for Bee and Optimus and that's it. WOuld like a Megatron but I can def pass on starscream as I never like his triangular mechanized Gorilla design.

:yess: Finally! I can definitely get behind this release. If they do look into fixing the speaker grill mouth and the eyes, this would be the definitive TF Bumblebee imho. :)... unless HT gets in on the action ;)

PO'd this.
The color (more golden yellow please), grill(headlights section(greyish colour next to headlights)), mounth speaker(think it's ok) and eyes(maybe some more detail) are too minor not to get this. I tried to look for faults and say no but the force with this one was too strong.

transformers_dark_of_the_moon_ver8_xlg2.jpg

Man.... Saw this on the Sideshow website..... Instant preorder....looks like it's gonna be an awesome piece. Yeah I have a lot of Ironman armors too!( yes I am a Hot Toys addict)

2015-01-04 15.13.04.jpg
If this guy (hysevenyh) can do it in his spare time, 3A can too.
Please fix the eyes.

Back