3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MC1.jpg

Well guys, I've decided I'm keeping him. He just looks too good - even if the articulation isn't there, he looks better than any statue out there in my opinion. I solved his wobbly nature with a small Kaiser doll stand around his left leg, and fixed up the magnets in the back and the weapon holding ability with tiny adhesive magnetic snaps used for scrapbooking (total cost ~$10 and five minutes). I completely acknowledge the issues people have with this guy, and I might end up cutting up his rubber undersuit to add more articulation (especially around the crotch area) but I think overall he's pretty awesome.

View attachment 204111

Well guys, I've decided I'm keeping him. He just looks too good - even if the articulation isn't there, he looks better than any statue out there in my opinion. I solved his wobbly nature with a small Kaiser doll stand around his left leg, and fixed up the magnets in the back and the weapon holding ability with tiny adhesive magnetic snaps used for scrapbooking (total cost ~$10 and five minutes). I completely acknowledge the issues people have with this guy, and I might end up cutting up his rubber undersuit to add more articulation (especially around the crotch area) but I think overall he's pretty awesome.

Looks excellent.

I'm keeping mine also. Finally got him to hold the AR. I usually use static kind of poses anyway, so don't mind the articulation so much.

I got the Kotobukiya artfx chief, and glad i did, it's a really nice statue, and changed my mind about statues some what. Really like it.

He does look nice but it really doesn't justify what they did. Every time I see the 3A Halo line I just hope to god they drop it and Hot Toys picks it up.

They're just throwing away a potential goldmine.

He does look nice but it really doesn't justify what they did. Every time I see the 3A Halo line I just hope to god they drop it and Hot Toys picks it up.

They're just throwing away a potential goldmine.

Oh, I totally agree. It is truly bizarre that this multi-billion dollar franchise is getting such poor treatment in the 1/6 figure department. This is one of the biggest entertainment franchises to ever exist (the games have revenue totaling the same as the entire MCU domestic gross combined), and 3A somehow seems to be relatively uninterested in the license. If Hot Toys made a Master Chief I can't imagine it wouldn't sell like hot cakes, especially with Xbox now being widely available in China and Hot Toys' recently ubiquitous advertising and word-of-mouth.

That said, I can talk all day about 3A's bizarro business decisions, but I can't help but dig the actual MC sitting on my shelf, even with its flaws. Maybe I'm just convincing myself or rationalizing, but in my mind really the only metric that matters is that I'm happy with my purchase, and I can say that's certainly the case.

for those of you that have his, do y'all know if the armor is removable? or rather can be removed with some work and minimal damage? I was thinking about buying one, removing the armor and getting a cloth undersuit made for him so that articulation wouldn't be an issue any longer

Oh, I totally agree. It is truly bizarre that this multi-billion dollar franchise is getting such poor treatment in the 1/6 figure department. This is one of the biggest entertainment franchises to ever exist (the games have revenue totaling the same as the entire MCU domestic gross combined), and 3A somehow seems to be relatively uninterested in the license. If Hot Toys made a Master Chief I can't imagine it wouldn't sell like hot cakes, especially with Xbox now being widely available in China and Hot Toys' recently ubiquitous advertising and word-of-mouth.

That said, I can talk all day about 3A's bizarro business decisions, but I can't help but dig the actual MC sitting on my shelf, even with its flaws. Maybe I'm just convincing myself or rationalizing, but in my mind really the only metric that matters is that I'm happy with my purchase, and I can say that's certainly the case.

I don't even think about it as what HTs MC would be like. You have to imagine they'd treat it like Iron Man or Star Wars, with a ridiculous amount of releases that span into so many different things.

Blue Team, Locke's team, a 1/6 scale Warthog, a whole lot of different rank Elites, the Arbiter, a ridiculous amount of other random Spartans... All this **** would be coming out within a couple years if HTs had it. Instead we've had 4 different Spartans, not including repaints, within how many years?

View attachment 204111

I'm glad it fits what you were looking for and that you are happy with it. I think even standing in museum pose his knees look wobbly.

I think the sculpt is really great though. I really wanted a figure but there are enough great statues out there to make it hard to justify dropping a quarter grand for a poorly made figure that meets the lowest bar (standing!) once it's modded.

Does anyone know how often 3A has accepted returns? I can't imagine this is a first but it seems like a rare thing.

I'm glad it fits what you were looking for and that you are happy with it. I think even standing in museum pose his knees look wobbly.

I think the sculpt is really great though. I really wanted a figure but there are enough great statues out there to make it hard to justify dropping a quarter grand for a poorly made figure that meets the lowest bar (standing!) once it's modded.

Does anyone know how often 3A has accepted returns? I can't imagine this is a first but it seems like a rare thing.

I was under the impression that this was the first time.

I don't think we will see any more Spartans from 3A after the two already announced.

When they've had QC issues in the past, they have issued entirely new figures (ex. Tomorrow Queens body paint chipping) or new replacement parts (ex. Peppermint Grove's boots zipper breakage). I was hoping we could get some fix for Master Chief, although I have no idea what it could be. I assume that's why they went the "return it or nothing" route. Still, it's very disappointing, especially when they really went to bat in the past to fix issues.

Back