3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude I feel exactly the same, I so wanted this to be good. Remember when we thought the battle rifle was a pain to get carter to hold? Ironic painful tears of sad laughter. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE CHIEF WHO GOT SCREWED. NOT AFTER RAYNOR WHY WOULD GOD DO THIS TO ME AGAIN SO SOON! Lol

Seriously though, I really hope someone can figure some ways to get weapons in john's hands and POSEABLE. Please share when you do. other mods are welcome because he looks awesome but like its been said, fails a FIGURES requisites. Its basically a statue right now.

Yeah, exactly. That's the weirdest part. This is their 3rd Halo figure and it's Master Chief. How the hell did this HUGE whiff happen?!?

Unless a bunch of people rally up and shove it down 3As throats that they royally ****ed up, I doubt they'll change anything with this line. People petitioning against the line to put a dent in their sales will only make them want to cancel any future Halo figures, which I have a hard time see coming at all anyways.

All i have to say is LOL in the smugest way possible. First comment I made on this was that the arms were too puffy (due to the rubber) and people jumped down my throat and pre ordered anyway. You got exactly what you deserved. If a prototype is crap and you PO anyways, then why on earth would they change anything?

Too funny

Who are you talking about!? Might consider quotes otherwise looks like needless malice. Smugest way possible good grief
All i have to say is LOL in the smugest way possible. First comment I made on this was that the arms were too puffy (due to the rubber) and people jumped down my throat and pre ordered anyway. You got exactly what you deserved. If a prototype is crap and you PO anyways, then why on earth would they change anything?

Too funny

Too funny

I don't think you can really criticize them for that if you're saying you did that all the way back in November when it wasnt even sent out to people as preproduction pieces. They're always changing things from what they show before the preorder stages to final products. In this case, it just seems like it went the wrong direction in terms of quality.

Either way, a puffy suit should mean more wiggle room for the joints underneath, and less constrictions.

this figure seriously disapointed me. it was my first jump into their halo line after reservations about their previous releases. and it seems i was right to be dubious. i opened the box and was blown away. the details and weathering are unbelievable. then i tried posing him...err...did they forget to put articulation in this thing? or maybe they put it all in his fingers? his shoulders have really good ratcheted outwards joints. they click into place and feel solid. but his swinging arm articulation is awful. lift his arm up and it just droops back down. and then you move south and it just gets worse and worse. not even 90 degree elbow range of movement. practically non-existent waist and hip articulation (you can hear and feel VERY weak ratchets but they're worthless) seriously, from the shoulders down the figure may as well be a dogs hollow rubber chew toy. and then on top of that he can't hold weapons to save his life.

i love threeA. i own more stuff from them then any other company. and i'm finding more and more designs and QC issues the more licences they aquire but this is the first time i've been this dissapointed.

i sent a complaint and a request for a replacement with working joints or a refund and have been told to take photo's...but i'm going to film a youtube video showing the crappy articulation of this thing for them to see (as if they didn't know). if i didnt know better i'd think the hips where shattered under the rubber suit. i'd love to think i was unlicky. but i think this figure is just **** by design. shame really...becasue it looks great imo.

this figure seriously disapointed me. it was my first jump into their halo line after reservations about their previous releases. and it seems i was right to be dubious. i opened the box and was blown away. the details and weathering are unbelievable. then i tried posing him...err...did they forget to put articulation in this thing? or maybe they put it all in his fingers? his shoulders have really good ratcheted outwards joints. they click into place and feel solid. but his swinging arm articulation is awful. lift his arm up and it just droops back down. and then you move south and it just gets worse and worse. not even 90 degree elbow range of movement. practically non-existent waist and hip articulation (you can hear and feel VERY weak ratchets but they're worthless) seriously, from the shoulders down the figure may as well be a dogs hollow rubber chew toy. and then on top of that he can't hold weapons to save his life.

i love threeA. i own more stuff from them then any other company. and i'm finding more and more designs and QC issues the more licences they aquire but this is the first time i've been this dissapointed.

i sent a complaint and a request for a replacement with working joints or a refund and have been told to take photo's...but i'm going to film a youtube video showing the crappy articulation of this thing for them to see (as if they didn't know). if i didnt know better i'd think the hips where shattered under the rubber suit. i'd love to think i was unlicky. but i think this figure is just **** by design. shame really...becasue it looks great imo.

Another dissatisfied customer. Please share your video review with us.

I must be the only one who like it, LOL.

I want hands that can hold the weapons. That's a no brainer, and stronger magnets for his back/weapons. Why they didn't do that is beyond me, but on the whole love him.

If poses like this picture can't be achieved, then surely there's a case for people who don't like him, to return him, as it appears to be false advertising.

014_3_zpsfkd6bqeb.jpg

Oh not at all, I LOVE how Chief looks and I'd probably be able to forgive weak arm strength IF HE COULD HOLD A WEAPON IN TWO HANDS. The forearm armor is too thick to cross his chest to two hand a weapon (and I just replayed halo 4 they got the thickness SO WRONG). Still haven't seen anyone post pics of their pose job with weapons and until I see the promo pic poses replicated I'll consider myself well screwed by Ash.
Woodmark, That play arts energy sword looks light enough to one hand, how is the gripping on it?
Assuming it's even possible to remove and replace John's hand they could release molded or new gauntlets/ arms but again, this is 3a and a non original license so best I'm hoping for is halo 5 John and Locke with upgraded bodies. How are the arms not ratcheted at every non-finger joint on a figure this big, I DON'T UNDERSTAND!
I must be the only one who like it, LOL.

I want hands that can hold the weapons. That's a no brainer, and stronger magnets for his back/weapons. Why they didn't do that is beyond me, but on the whole love him.

If poses like this picture can't be achieved, then surely there's a case for people who don't like him, to return him, as it appears to be false advertising.

014_3_zpsfkd6bqeb.jpg

This was the best I could do, and this is after I shaved off a good portion of the right hand palm and made metal pegs out of paperclips to stick into the guns.

The figure looks great except for the wonky warms, but that's about it. It feels cheap and very unstable as it's literally a hollow rubber body with armor glued to it and only a cheap plastic skeleton fills the figure out and allowed movement.

There are some decent ratchet joints in the elbows and kneeds, but because the hips and shoulder / torso links are so loose and weak it's a moot point.

I had to use a lot of nail polish and put it into the shoulders and fingers just to get the chief to do this static pose. He's so wobbly he fell down shortly after this photo was taken.

At this point.. I think I'll settle for the ArtFX series of statues with armor packs. At least they are marketed as statues and actually have better arm poseability than the ThreeA figure with "36 points of non-articulation"

WP_20150701_22_57_59_Pro.jpg

how about every single one of us emails 3A and complains they're butts off?? put your forum posts in an email and tell them to fix it and send new hands. They do that for their own lame figures so they should for this one. Also its my 21st birthday wootwoot!

how about every single one of us emails 3A and complains they're butts off?? put your forum posts in an email and tell them to fix it and send new hands. They do that for their own lame figures so they should for this one. Also its my 21st birthday wootwoot!

Happy B'day, and consider them email sent.

Likewise everyone should do the same, as you say.

Happy birthday Spizzness, hope you have a good un. Has your Chief been sent out?

Looking forward to seeing videos of Chief, I want to see what happens when people try poses with two arms holding the gun etc.

Yeah I'm going to email them now. I want to know what they're going to do about this (most likely nothing).

Hi, everybody! I'm a new guy here. I like to ramble a bit, so bare with me. Like a lot of you others, my 3A Master Chief randomly was dropped on my doorstep a couple of days ago and I was super stoked to get him in-hand. And, again, like a lot of you, I kind of wish I had just kept him mint in-box now. It's not often that a figure is SO bad that I have to find a forum community complaining about him and register there just so I can complain, too. I'm a Halo collector, basically. The vast majority of my collection consists of the lower-price Halo figures. I'm a college student right now, so affordability is a necessity and the McFarlane lines offer an okay likeness of the character affordably. However, because I can't always contain my inner collector that will likely explode out of my wallet and into my man cave the instant I start my higher income career path, I do have a few of the higher-budget Halo pieces. My weakness: I really can't resist a 9"+ Master Chief figure. Especially if it's a great sculpt and paint, oozing with detail. I just love the armor design of every iteration of this character. And, because there have been almost no McFarlane lines recently, I've been able to invest that cash into some of the really nice big Chief figures that have been joining our collections this year - notably, the 18" Halo 4 NECA Chief and the 12" Halo 2: Anniversary Play Arts Kai Chief. The 18" figure has survived the probably 15+ falls he has taken completely intact, so I think the piece is really high-quality in that regard. The Play Arts Kai Chief has been nothing but a pleasure, with great articulation, many weapon-specific hands, a hyper-detailed sculpt and a stupendous paint job. My favorite Chief piece this year, by far.

I thought the 3A piece would change that. Those promo photos I saw made the figure look amazing. The paint really popped in those photos and the sculpt looked spot-on, even better than the 18" NECA because the shoulder armor is actually placed correctly and the rubber suit hides joints that I always find unsightly. I have an unspoken rule that I don't purchase pieces that cost $150+ unless they're bundled with a video game, just because of budget. But I saw pictures of this piece and I fought with myself over it for less than a week before I talked my girlfriend into paying for half. Sidenote: She is a college student and Halo fan too, but her parents pay her phone bill, car insurance, rent, and groceries, etc, and she was a manager at her store at this time, so she had much more disposable income than I did, since I pay all those bills myself. So I didn't really feel guilty about tapping her for a figure I thought would be a centerpiece of OUR collection eventually.

With the 3-gun arsenal of weapons, the working LED and LightRifle lights, and this being the only Chief figure to feature a combat knife, I really just couldn't refuse him at around $120. I paid the amount in full to get the Bambaland LightRifle. Over the past months, I kept on checking out the internet to see if the shipping date had changed. And now the figure is here. What I was expecting based on both the promo photos and the description of the figure on the Bambaland store:

-Figure Stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall, but can be posed in a huge variety of shorter poses because it features...
-Over 35 Points of FUNCTIONING Articulation Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers (fingers able to hold the huge loadout of weapons) and joints stiff enough to hold a dynamic pose even against the elasticity of the rubber suit
-All Rifles Magnetically Attach to Shoulder Armor in such a way that the figure doesn't have to be lying on its stomach for the weapons to stay - he can be posed with magnetically "holstered" weapons
-Illuminated Helmet Featuring 4 LED Lights
-Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application

What I feel I got:

-Figure ONLY stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall and cannot be posed at anything below this height
-MAYBE 30 Points of weak and useless Articulation (that likes to droop and fall due to the rubber suit's elasticity) Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers which aren't stiff enough even to hold the fairly heavy weapons
-All Rifles Magnetically Attach to Shoulder Armor - literally only to the exposed magnets on the pauldrons (weapons do not stick to character itself)
-Highly-detailed but not game-accurate Sculpt and Paint Application (the undersuit is supposed to be black, not gray; the foot armor features three protruding wedges that are not accurately arranged on this figure)

Overall, I'm shocked that they shipped this figure. It seemed super-awesome-amazing, but only because they made it sound and look like it worked in all the ways they described it to work - holding all its weapons, being able to hold dynamic poses, awesome light features, magnets that actually work, etc. I don't think this is even the same figure we saw in those promo pictures. I can't get the figure to bend to some of those angles, much less hold them long enough to get a good picture. Bottom line for me: If the figure I got can't even accurately hold a single one of those promo pics, it's just not the same figure. It just can't be. The fact that the figure's features, which they even highlighted as facts with bullet points (which I have parodied above), range from non-functioning to functioning-until-he-falls-over is just mind-boggling to me. Hell, I have my figure standing in a museum pose on the desk next to me. The wobbling produced by my typing is causing him to jiggle uncontrollably. He's fallen twice now. In just a straight standing, non-dynamic pose. Figure can't even hold that.

This was a case of false advertising to me. Product doesn't work as pictured, or even as described. It's not even game-accurate, featuring small details in the sculpt that are wrong and poor undersuit painting. Even despite all those issues, if the figure literally just had actual articulation, as opposed to its current faux articulation - even then, it would be my favorite Chief figure. For now, he's going in a box in my closet. Can someone direct me to where I can complain? I'm beyond super bummed that I spent $240 on this figure that's easily only worth less than half of that. If I can get them to send me a Chief with proper articulation or if I can get them to even partially refund me, that would be ideal. I love this figure, but I also can't stand it. And I certainly won't be purchasing any like this again.

Go to sdcc and yell at ash lol. I'm really hoping he gets some "constructive criticism" during that event. And I can't wait to hear his response here (if one of you attend). You can email customer service or post on their fb I suppose but I feel your pain.
Hi, everybody! I'm a new guy here. I like to ramble a bit, so bare with me. Like a lot of you others, my 3A Master Chief randomly was dropped on my doorstep a couple of days ago and I was super stoked to get him in-hand. And, again, like a lot of you, I kind of wish I had just kept him mint in-box now. It's not often that a figure is SO bad that I have to find a forum community complaining about him and register there just so I can complain, too. I'm a Halo collector, basically. The vast majority of my collection consists of the lower-price Halo figures. I'm a college student right now, so affordability is a necessity and the McFarlane lines offer an okay likeness of the character affordably. However, because I can't always contain my inner collector that will likely explode out of my wallet and into my man cave the instant I start my higher income career path, I do have a few of the higher-budget Halo pieces. My weakness: I really can't resist a 9"+ Master Chief figure. Especially if it's a great sculpt and paint, oozing with detail. I just love the armor design of every iteration of this character. And, because there have been almost no McFarlane lines recently, I've been able to invest that cash into some of the really nice big Chief figures that have been joining our collections this year - notably, the 18" Halo 4 NECA Chief and the 12" Halo 2: Anniversary Play Arts Kai Chief. The 18" figure has survived the probably 15+ falls he has taken completely intact, so I think the piece is really high-quality in that regard. The Play Arts Kai Chief has been nothing but a pleasure, with great articulation, many weapon-specific hands, a hyper-detailed sculpt and a stupendous paint job. My favorite Chief piece this year, by far.

I thought the 3A piece would change that. Those promo photos I saw made the figure look amazing. The paint really popped in those photos and the sculpt looked spot-on, even better than the 18" NECA because the shoulder armor is actually placed correctly and the rubber suit hides joints that I always find unsightly. I have an unspoken rule that I don't purchase pieces that cost $150+ unless they're bundled with a video game, just because of budget. But I saw pictures of this piece and I fought with myself over it for less than a week before I talked my girlfriend into paying for half. Sidenote: She is a college student and Halo fan too, but her parents pay her phone bill, car insurance, rent, and groceries, etc, and she was a manager at her store at this time, so she had much more disposable income than I did, since I pay all those bills myself. So I didn't really feel guilty about tapping her for a figure I thought would be a centerpiece of OUR collection eventually.

With the 3-gun arsenal of weapons, the working LED and LightRifle lights, and this being the only Chief figure to feature a combat knife, I really just couldn't refuse him at around $120. I paid the amount in full to get the Bambaland LightRifle. Over the past months, I kept on checking out the internet to see if the shipping date had changed. And now the figure is here. What I was expecting based on both the promo photos and the description of the figure on the Bambaland store:

-Figure Stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall, but can be posed in a huge variety of shorter poses because it features...
-Over 35 Points of FUNCTIONING Articulation Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers (fingers able to hold the huge loadout of weapons) and joints stiff enough to hold a dynamic pose even against the elasticity of the rubber suit
-All Rifles Magnetically Attach to Shoulder Armor in such a way that the figure doesn't have to be lying on its stomach for the weapons to stay - he can be posed with magnetically "holstered" weapons
-Highly-Detailed Sculpt and Paint Application

What I feel I got:

-Figure ONLY stands 13.5-Inches (34.3cm) Tall and cannot be posed at anything below this height
-MAYBE 30 Points of weak and useless Articulation (that likes to droop and fall due to the rubber suit's elasticity) Featuring Fully Articulated Fingers which aren't stiff enough even to hold the fairly heavy weapons
-All Rifles Magnetically Attach to Shoulder Armor - literally only to the exposed magnets on the pauldrons (weapons do not stick to character itself)
-Highly-detailed but not game-accurate Sculpt and Paint Application (the undersuit is supposed to be black, not gray; the foot armor features three protruding wedges that are not accurately arranged on this figure)

Overall, I'm shocked that they shipped this figure. It seemed super-awesome-amazing, but only because they made it sound and look like it worked in all the ways they described it to work - holding all its weapons, being able to hold dynamic poses, awesome light features, magnets that actually work, etc. I don't think this is even the same figure we saw in those promo pictures. I can't get the figure to bend to some of those angles, much less hold them long enough to get a good picture. Bottom line for me: If the figure I got can't even accurately hold a single one of those promo pics, it's just not the same figure. It just can't be. The fact that the figure's features, which they even highlighted as facts with bullet points (which I have parodied above), range from non-functioning to functioning-until-he-falls-over is just mind-boggling to me. Hell, I have my figure standing in a museum pose on the desk next to me. The wobbling produced by my typing is causing him to jiggle uncontrollably. He's fallen twice now. In just a straight standing, non-dynamic pose. Figure can't even hold that.

This was a case of false advertising to me. Product doesn't work as pictured, or even as described. It's not even game-accurate, featuring small details in the sculpt that are wrong and poor undersuit painting. Even despite all those issues, if the figure literally just had actual articulation, as opposed to its current faux articulation - even then, it would be my favorite Chief figure. For now, he's going in a box in my closet. Can someone direct me to where I can complain? I'm beyond super bummed that I spent $240 on this figure that's easily only worth less than half of that. If I can get them to send me a Chief with proper articulation or if I can get them to even partially refund me, that would be ideal. I love this figure, but I also can't stand it. And I certainly won't be purchasing any like this again.

These initial in-hand reviews made me decide to cancel my pre-order. Very disappointed with the lack of articulation, the inability to hold weapons. It's not just a HALO figure--it's MASTERCHIEF! I expected this figure to be able to dual-wield his weapons in a running or leaping pose. I'll just have to keep waiting for a better MC later down the line...

I don't blame you red. This figure really put me off as well and I'm a huge halo fan :(

Over 2 years ago Play arts released a superior Master Chief figure for 1/4 the price and in terms of being... you know... an action figure... it blows this 3A entry away :( The funny thing is these figs, while smaller and much more inexpensive than the 3A figures have full ratcheting ABS hip joints that are a kagillion times better than the 3A :(

Just look at what the PAK Halo figs can do...... After looking at my PAK halo 4 figs I cry when I look at my 4x more expensive 3A Chief wobbly statue ..er.. figure

DSC07166.jpg

DSC07203_zps5019e0c1.jpg

DSC07175.jpg

DSC07168.jpg

DSC07165.jpg

Back