3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats so bad about the chest damage. Seems hard to mess that part up lol

Its just a single coat of flat black-gray. And it's glossy for whatever the hell reason. In the lookbook back in November, it showed little signs of detailed chisel paint features.

I could have done the same effect with a sharpie on this.

The armor scar is terribad. I've always thought the NECA one looked pretty bad, but I have a new respect for it after this figure. The gash was the first thing I noticed that made me skeptical about what I was getting. I opened up the box, super excited, pored over the Chief in his plastic casing before cracking him open, and almost immediately noticed the eyesore placed centrally on his chest. Thought, "wow, that doesn't look like the $240 paint job I paid for". Shrugged and continued to ride the hype train into town, until I finally sat him down with his weapons and tried to pose him. Then I realized I was sold a lemon.

Actually, my transition of disappointment is kind of funny. The gash was the first weird thing I noticed. The second weird thing was the pretty bad texturing and terrible, inaccurate undersuit paint job. The third thing was literally just hefting the figure around in my hand - where it looks like it should easily be bulky and weigh quite a bit, it's actually quite light. For some reason, that bugged me immediately when I lifted it. I imagined it being heavier. The fourth thing that bugged me was just how bad the rubber suit seemed - I thought it would just be a thin rubber texture overlaid over his limbs and stuff individually. When I realized how thick it was, how the armor was glued to it, I was disappointed in that. Then I was super stoked going over all the weapons, again, until I finally tried to get him to grip one. I initially thought maybe I was just doing it wrong or something - it wasn't until I found this forum that I started to realize the density of the figure's widespread problems. I even made an "initial impressions" post on one of my other forums tentatively claiming that I thought the figure just wasn't as good as it looked. That post got downvoted, hilariously. Now everyone sees, though.

I keep coming back to the figure and trying to like it. $240 is a huge investment. I keep picking him up off the floor (even standing straight-face like a museum piece, he doesn't stay up for longer than a couple hours at a time), messing around with his limbs, trying to get him to pose and grip his weapons. After I while, I get frustrated all over again, so I give up again.

I really want somebody to get adventurous with theirs and dissect it. I keep trying to feel the joints under the rubber suit and, half the time, can't feel anything. The legs on my figure feel like they're just floating in space. I can't find the hips. I would just love to see what the actually figure under the rubber suit and sad, broken facade of an action figure looks like.

They're offering full refunds and returns if you're not happy with it. Good on them for doing this rather than forcing us to keep it/sell it.

Txm1VZl.png

They're offering full refunds and returns if you're not happy with it. Good on them for doing this rather than forcing us to keep it/sell it.

Txm1VZl.png

So in other words, we're either out of luck if we want a 1/6 Chief? I'd take a partial refund but the fact that this is going to be what we're stuck with if we don't want to return it really sucks. I'd take a partial refund but let's see what the customer service says.

That's a great first step by 3A, now let's let them know that we still want Chief, we just know that they can do better!

I'm okay with this as a first step. I've got a sinking feeling they won't go further than this. I really want an awesome, fully articulated, hyper-detailed 1/6 scale Master Chief. While this solution would definitely help my wallet out, it doesn't really help that gaping hole in my collection. This figure does look cool. I still want to keep him, in some weird way. I'm not yet sure if I'll take them up on that refund. If they gave me my money back without taking the figure back too, that would obviously be the ideal solution if they don't plan to retool the figure. If they plan to retool the figure, I absolutely just want that instead.

Just keep in mind that I've never heard of a return with 3A/3Z where you didn't have to pay for the return shipping. Faulty product or otherwise, no matter how big or small.

Hmm a refund? Great for some. Though this doesn't mean they are accepting fault with the figure. They don't say if they are willing to fix the problem or attempt to do something about Gabriel and the Recruit. What worries me is after the Returns, are they going to kill the line because of bad press/reputation on this series.

Hmm a refund? Great for some. Though this doesn't mean they are accepting fault with the figure. They don't say if they are willing to fix the problem or attempt to do something about Gabriel and the Recruit. What worries me is after the Returns, are they going to kill the line because of bad press/reputation on this series.
All we can do is continue to let them know that we do want these figures and we want to give them our business, but they need to do right by the customers. Paying customers still have their preorders for Thorne and the Recruit (myself included), and let's not forget all the distributors, stores and vendors that still have these products on order, and the customers that have ordered through those shops that likely won't get the courtesy of a full refund. If they cancel the line then there's nothing we can do about that, but if they put in the effort to make Chief, Thorne and the Recruit phenomenal products then just think of the positive buzz they could receive instead.

Nice they have offered a refund, will be interesting to see what the deal is with postage and what not...

Such a shame, been waiting forever for a 1/6 Chief

All we can do is continue to let them know that we do want these figures and we want to give them our business, but they need to do right by the customers. Paying customers still have their preorders for Thorne and the Recruit (myself included), and let's not forget all the distributors, stores and vendors that still have these products on order, and the customers that have ordered through those shops that likely won't get the courtesy of a full refund. If they cancel the line then there's nothing we can do about that, but if they put in the effort to make Chief, Thorne and the Recruit phenomenal products then just think of the positive buzz they could receive instead.

Yeah lets see. Ive also made my voice heard on their fb page. Im getting MC delivered to me in a couple of days, so i'll decide if I really want to return or keep. Shame really, its been a long long wait for this and this is how it turned out. Im hoping that my orders for thorne isnt affected with the same problem too. Wish they added more words to their statement to reassure the loyal fans and potential customers.

Just tried to inquire about the refund/return offer, but got a message back that their server is full.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain threeaonline.com by mx00.1and1.com. [74.208.5.3].

The error that the other server returned was:
552-Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
552-Quota exceeded.
552 For explanation visit Postmaster MailSecurity (1&1, Postmaster Mailsecurity)

Just tried to inquire about the refund/return offer, but got a message back that their server is full.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain threeaonline.com by mx00.1and1.com. [74.208.5.3].

The error that the other server returned was:
552-Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
552-Quota exceeded.
552 For explanation visit Postmaster MailSecurity (1&1, Postmaster Mailsecurity)

Wow, thanks for trying dude. Hope you try again come monday and update us all how it went.

Tried desperately to get him to hold one of his guns in a decent manner but his arms just wont get close enough to his chest.

Added to that, it really highlights how great a piece the NECA is, price considered and all.

Anyone wanna give up on rubber suits yet...
Cough... Hot Toys Arkham Batman....Three a MC..

Please stop the madness

The real strange and ponderous part is all the delays on this figure was for what???
I thought it was tweaking design and QC checks.
What was it like before.... eeek

https://youtu.be/ipWlqK3pOow

I really liked the look of the 3A figure, about a month ago I was heavily debating whether to get this or the NECA figure. Ultimately, I went with the NECA figure and now I'm glad I did, for the price it was excellent value. Hopefully, 3A exceeds expectations with the Thorne figure.

Back