3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Three A Halo Figures

How long would the batteries last if you left the lights on 24/7? Would that damage anything?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Not sure. I doubt they would damage anything. But since the batteries aren't cheap, I've been keeping mine off.

Hmm, just had to try...

3b8MTVr.jpg

Honestly, the only drawback in the articulation department is the lack of any real torso flexion, I think there's a joint somewhere in there but because of the rubber suit he springs back into neutral every time I try to use it. The hips have a similar problem though to a much lesser extant and I think that and the torso are why some people find it difficult to get extreme poses out of the guy.

Couple more poses:

mTwLKoZ.jpg

PwBHqQf.jpg

Here's the review:
https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=192611
It's in Chinese or something, but the pics are all that matter really.

Here's the crouching pic:
121610stm91t93e3vrik8x.jpg

He can be put in some fairly dynamic poses if you put on a brave face and push the hip joints to their utmost limits.

bmauCP9.jpg

Also a review of the command version showed it could be put into a crouch, but so far I haven't managed that with carter.

Ok, now that I've seen what. I can do, I'm quite impressed. How much taller is he compared to other 1/6th figures?

Spartans are larger than regular humans BEFORE putting their armor on. At 13.5", I guess they are close to being right for 1/6 scale.

Still love the poseability of these guys but they are no where near as detailed as Carter.
agevahaq.jpg

de6e5yru.jpg

eze5y6a8.jpg

McFarlane figures are sweet! I loved his 1/6 scale line. Too bad, he never made a Red Mark VI.

McFarlane figures are sweet! I loved his 1/6 scale line. Too bad, he never made a Red Mark VI.

Yep! I would have liked a steel colored Hayabusa armored spartan with the sword on his back! ....was hoping for the Hayabusa helmet to be on Halo 4 but no luck. Halo Reach had the best looking armor IMO though.

Yep! I would have liked a steel colored Hayabusa armored spartan with the sword on his back! ....was hoping for the Hayabusa helmet to be on Halo 4 but no luck. Halo Reach had the best looking armor IMO though.

McFarlane had plans on increasing his 1/6 scale series but sadly did not happen due to the sluggish sales of the original 3. I know an EOD was planned as well as an ODST Spartan. :(

I love the Reach armor also, something about it is just bad ***. I finished HR again yesterday, such a good game and great story. I am just blown away that they can fall from space and the suit will absorb the impact with the gel layer, crazy future tech!!! I need to get some pics of my Carter posted,I will try today.

So I decided to make a Base for Carter and since planet Reach is very mountainous I decided to go with a rockey base, using real rocks and its gonna be heavy.

I love the Reach armor also, something about it is just bad ***. I finished HR again yesterday, such a good game and great story. I am just blown away that they can fall from space and the suit will absorb the impact with the gel layer, crazy future tech!!! I need to get some pics of my Carter posted,I will try today.

We should play through the campaign as a team one day bro. Love the game!! Looking forward to see what base you come up with for Carter, think I might make a custom base also.

Last edited:

This guy needs a base, he fell to the floor and pieces went everywhere and I lost a frag, it sucked!!!, I am almost done with the base, just need to do the final touches which seem to take forever.

Last edited:

McFarlane had plans on increasing his 1/6 scale series but sadly did not happen due to the sluggish sales of the original 3. I know an EOD was planned as well as an ODST Spartan. :(

I got this custom 12" McFarlane CQB Spartan in a trade a few weeks back, I really wish they would have made others in this scale. I know the McFarlane 12" figs dont look as good as ThreeA, but that is how they look in the game, we really cant fault McFarlane for that.

OK here is my finished Reach rock display base. This came out really good and weighs in at 70+ lbs. It was kinda fun digging around looking for rocks to use and Carter looks right at home.

Has anyone else ranted about the batteries? As with the Real Steel robots the batteries don't come with the figure, they are impossible to put in and you need 2 different types. And they are different than the 2 different types you need for the Real Steel robots. Very frustrating.

I think moaning about the batteries is pretty petty.
Each figure will have different batt compartments, not universal.

Yes that you do not get batts with the figure is shocking But then again you can buy a car and then have to pay extra.

I got this custom 12" McFarlane CQB Spartan in a trade a few weeks back, I really wish they would have made others in this scale. I know the McFarlane 12" figs dont look as good as ThreeA, but that is how they look in the game, we really cant fault McFarlane for that.

Cool custom! I loved the McFarlane stuff! :hi5:

Has anyone else ranted about the batteries? As with the Real Steel robots the batteries don't come with the figure, they are impossible to put in and you need 2 different types. And they are different than the 2 different types you need for the Real Steel robots. Very frustrating.

Yes, I have. They were a pain to get installed. I used tweezers and a tiny flat head screw driver to complete the task. Luckily it didn't require as many arm batteries as the instruction indicated. I don't think I could have fit 3 in it! :gah:

They seem to have made a decision that batteries aren't included in any of their light up stuff. I guess it means if you don't use the lights you don't have to bother taking them out after the gimmick wears off & getting around QC claims that just involve flat batteries.

Have we been spoiled by HT and a few other companies installing them for us? I remember that quick blurb at the end of all the old toy adds on TV "batteries not included".

That said, I'm gonna have to get some for the new portal bots. :lol

Back