Action Figure 3A Doom Marine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish another company would make this. Maybe NECA in their 1/4 scale line. ThreeA uses that crappy rubber that flakes and cracks after a short time posing. I had the Halo Reach Carter and got rid of it on the cheap when I noticed that happening. Wasnt too happy with that at all. Main reason I didnt buy this one was the materials used. Loved the DOOM reboot and the redesign.

I spotted EX version of this but not cheap at all (around $400). Is this as bad as they say? Anyone happened to mod it like 3A Master Chief?

I spotted EX version of this but not cheap at all (around $400). Is this as bad as they say? Anyone happened to mod it like 3A Master Chief?

I have been wondering the same thing. I cant find many reviews on it, at least none in english or with subtitles. maybe I am not looking in the right spots or perimeters...

I'm a rabid Doom fan, bought it a week or so ago. Tops, he's worth about €150. The quality is fine but it's nowhere near being a premium collectible. That's not to say its ****, but rubber and plastic for $400?......

I'm a rabid Doom fan, bought it a week or so ago. Tops, he's worth about €150. The quality is fine but it's nowhere near being a premium collectible. That's not to say its ****, but rubber and plastic for $400?......

yeah
that is the only thing that worries me, having owned once before their version of Halo Reach Carter and Emile. I was disappointed with this at how flimsy they felt compared to the money I spent on them.

Heard the same thing about threeA's Halo 4 master chief and their version of the Fallout Power armor.

the most I have seen it for has been $400 for the exclusive version

but I preordered it on BBTS.com and I believe it is $250

Sorry for necro'd this thread but I got lucky & got brand new EX for $250 and got to say I'm pleased with it. Better than that dreaded Master Chief for sure as I don't need to do major modding except his "gripping right hand" & finding diorama base big enough for it. All joints are sturdy. He's able to stand on his own. Hands are made from poor quality rubber but you can mod his chainsaw gripping hand by separating index finger to be able to hold guns. That EX Chainsaw is a must though.

BTW rubber on this figure felt different from under-suit in Halo lines (very much like ones from Fallout power armors). All outer armors are hard plastic except his ankles. They might last longer as I have Medicom MGS4 Snake & Raiden which was made from materials like this and they still last to these days.

Got mine. Love the game, love the franchise, my most anticipated figure in the last 2 years. Alas, after an 18 month wait, I'm disappointed.

Pros:
- They fixed the undersized crotch
- Nice box
- Accurate and decent paint job
- Beefy and accurate weapons
- Nice to look at from a distance

Cons:
- Absolutely rubbish material, about 80% soft rubbery plastic apart from feet and helmet; trigger hand too soft
- Bad QC, warped body parts, some unglued seams
- Overall still weird proportions, head too small, ugly floppy abdomen
- Hindered overall articulation and weird shoulder joints; can hardly hold weapons properly apart from super shotgun in the poster pose
- Feels very cheap to the touch

I own all of ThreeA and ThreeZero Halo, Fallout, Titanfall and Crysis figures. Discounting the infamous Master Chief, the Doomslayer is probably the weakest release of the lot. Overall 6/10 for me.

Quick pics:

UTsbrf4.jpg

1dGPJg2.jpg

eC2BMdc.jpg

FEQWiCl.jpg

jHnIESc.jpg

bL0iOGV.jpg

Hey, if you don´t like it, would you care to sell?!

Back