Action Figure 3A Doom Marine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't hold my breath. Don't know if this one will be a big seller, which may discourage 3A from revisiting the license.

Shame. A classic Doom line complete with demons would've been a dream come true.

God yes. Why has no one done this? :gah:

The arms and legs are too long, and the upper legs in the inner thigh are too pushed in to allow for more articulation. Also, There should be a slightly visible face under the visor along with a few scuff marks. Here is a modified version.
etc-doom-marineexclusive-praetorsuit 2.jpg

I don't know why not even Funko has done it, at this point in time it would sell really well with us the old fans of the series.

I don't even know why 3A wouldn't start with a Classic Doomguy, it was more down Ash's alley, mixed media, cloth and plastic, weathered, it would've sold instantly, THEN they could've done the new one and the new fans, completionists and some of the old fans who like the new design (like myself) would get it.

pretty sure thats all up to the license holder who approaches threeA as to wht product they want made, Ash/threeA have no say in that regard.

I found a picture of it in person on Instagram at Quake Con. The proportions look way more like the game and less like a super hero. I think I might actually buy it now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I doubt Disney told Ash to make these. :lol

if you look into the details of the copywrite on the storm trooper helmet design its all merky as hell, doubt those are licensed etc per wht i have read.

i was told direct via threeA staff that sometimes the license holders approach threeA for specific stuff and it not up to threeA/Ash. they can either do it or not. imagine that was the case here.

Yeah I know how all that goes, and I know new doom guy was probably the safest choice from a business PoV.

But you know, one can dream.

Yeah the fact that he's just standing there in the promo pics is what really worries me. It's like they're trying to remedy the false advertising they did with MC by not improving the figure, but instead just not showing him doing anything. I'd be really wary of the articulation on this guy. Those guns do look amazing, though.

I found a picture of it in person on Instagram at Quake Con. The proportions look way more like the game and less like a super hero. I think I might actually buy it now.

Would you mind linking to the photo?

Can you post the pic?

Everybody make sure to ask Three A for more pictures showing the Articulation. I've already asked on Instagram and if they see that more people are worried about the Articulation then they might show more pictures or fix it.

Someone asked 3A about the differences between this release and the QC nightmare that was Master Chief on FB. This is 3A's response: "Different engineers, different materials and layout of articulation. Doom Marine comes with unarticulated molded hands to properly hold his weapons. We do not use rubber, we use a soft PVC, it is much more moveable. We will have images to show off the articulation soon."

I am also weary about the quality of this figure but I went ahead and preordered. While they fumbled their highest profile release (MC) I still love alot of their figures (Titan, Rex, and Portal bots in particular).

I just can't imagine getting this without some demon to pose along side it... :confused:

attachment.php

take a look at them baby feet.lolz

is 3A intentionally sucking at this? it looks like its gonna suck more than masterchief.

i hope medicom will make the VCD of the doommarine doll.

Anyone got any news or updated photos showing articulation? Seems odd no prototype pics other than standing with arms apart

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Back