303 Toys Chinese Hero Series 1/6 figure - Guan Yu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this figure yesterday; spent about an hour putting him together, sadly such fiddly tasks are beyond my atrocious sausage fingers. It was the first time i had to "prepare" a figure though and all in all whilst it was frustrating at times i ended up enjoying the experience and i'm quite happy with the end product, thogh i do have some complaints.

(The pictures turned out a tad fuzzy, sorry; i'm not that much of a photographer)

The armor pieces look pretty good, they're made of some kind of rubbery material with bendy metal glued on the back; you have to bend the pieces to confirm to the body. The paint apps are applied nicely with no bleeding, even on small details like rivets. You can see the mold lines on the forearm and shin pieces though and there aren't any paint apps on the underside of any of the pieces; though this could be due to the metal backings. The colors are a little gaudy for my tastes, it makes the whole thing look a bit like a prop costume for a tv show. Which might be the point honestly.

His staff is ridiculously huge; to big to fit into a detolf properly and to heavy to be held one handed.

Pics of him in my display (au natural with no lighting):

Having some fun:

Almost bought this figure to convert into The Mandarin :lol
But then decided to skip Iron Man entirely.

Very nice figure tho. Good start, 303 Toys!

Should have pre-ordered the whole set with horse, flag and books with BBTS, seems like they got theirs before other dealers do. I did manage to pre-order only the figure with them, should be here next week :)

Can't wait to get my set :)
Will be amazing with my Zhao Yun set :)

The same idea for me too and one more​
2eqy.jpg

They seem to be in competition with each other. I prefer 303's quality but O Soul has more accessories.

I too prefer 303's because the design is more true to the TV series. O'Soul design is too imaginative for me. Always reminds me of Saint Seya stuffs when I see O'Soul's 3 Kingdoms figures.

photo.JPG

Awesome figure. Much better quality than Zhao yun. It's difficult to make him stays standing as the joints are not tight. Still waiting for the rest of the set to get here.

Last edited:
Love it!! I am still waiting for my Guan Yu to arrive. Should be arriving next week sometime. I am also thinking of PO O soul Huang Zhong too. However, not sure about 303 Lu Bu though, doesn't look as good as others.
Hopefully they will make a zhuge liang though :)

Back