3.75" TFA figures with vintage cardbacks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmypdgr

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to take some of the new TFA figures and put them on vintage style cardbacks I designed, just for funsies.

Just wanted to get people's opinions on the cardback designs. There's three based on the various Kenner designs over the years. Would love to hear what people like/hate :)

TFA-ST-KV.jpg

Definately the right, the " Ages 4 and Up" Needs to be equally distant in from the serial on the left to balance the top out.
I'd reduce the size of the first order trooper a little ,to bring his helmet below the name tab , also to reduce the FO trooper a little will make the image look a little less crouded.
Also try a darker colour for the figure area and name tab maybe more towards burgundy
Also try Avante Guarde BK font for the name tag, its about as close to the originals cards as you'll find
I've been doing custom cardbacks for many years and I have to say I like the direction you are going in.

Nice work, looking forward to seeing more

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with the right then.

Tworiverz, thanks for the tips! I am using Avante Garde BT at the moment. Is there much of a difference? I'm starting on the design for the back of the card. Not sure which one I want to base it off yet though. I'm thinking the original 12 back design but not 100% yet. Got any of yours you could show?

Here are some examples of my recarding work
Hope you enjoy these

1st some custom card that I like to do for events to get signed

Next up some classic 1st 21 cardbacks

DFinally some unproduced POTF cards

Yeah they look awesome!

Here's pretty much the final design. Thoughts?

TFA-SW-Final.jpg

Yeh mate thats the money shot, if there was any comment it would be to bring the chrome boarder lines closer to the edge of the card
Though having said that it does make them stand out from the originals

You planning on eping any other characters ?

ah yeah they have a bit of bleed on them for printing so that's why there's a tonne of black space. There will still be a bit on them once they're printed, but not as much as on those pics.

Yeah I think I'm gonna start off with 5 characters and go from there. Stormtrooper, Han, Kylo, Poe and BB-8

New back design test print. Ignore my wonky cutting skills and typo haha :slap

IMG_5655.JPG

Thanks! Ordered the bubbles so I should be able to finish them up soon.

If you have any requests PM me, I'm sure we could sort something out :)

Back