25% off only till 3pm ET

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very true and sad so a new customer could of bought a Darth Maul legendary figure for $1,500 and I (who has spent thousands) could of bought the same item at the same time and paid $2k . That's nuts!! Thanks SS for the $25 off crappy coupon that does nothing if you buy higher price statues because of the loss of Reward points.
Anyway I asked my sister to order stuff for me but it looks like the code expired. :mad:

Agree. :mad: coupons should be for everyone.

An awesome coupon, but new customers only? :mad:

SS continues to be the best friend and the arch enemy at the same time. Great contests for giveaways, but screwing over the repeat customers who spend thousands of dollars by restricting coupons to select users.

Come on SS - don't forget it was the serious collectors who put you where you are today. Seems you are forgetting that.

I used the AVENGER code and purchased a Stormtrooper PF and got $75 off and was able to use flex pay. Got a confirmation email with order ID and used my rewards CC so got a few more dollars off as well.

SS continues to be the best friend and the arch enemy at the same time. Great contests for giveaways, but screwing over the repeat customers who spend thousands of dollars by restricting coupons to select users.

Come on SS - don't forget it was the serious collectors who put you where you are today. Seems you are forgetting that.

You don't give free samples to the ones already addicted to the poly-crack. :monkey2

:lol You really don't like anything bad being said about SSC do you, Ink?

What's there to say? The code was meant for new accounts, not to be broadcasted out to gods green earth for everyone to use. There's no sense in complaining about something that wasn't for you or the multiple accounts that you made to dodge the rules of the company

What's there to say? The code was meant for new accounts, not to be broadcasted out to gods green earth for everyone to use. There's no sense in complaining about something that wasn't for you or the multiple accounts that you made to dodge the rules of the company

I have to say, I agree.

I think that people are being a little overly sensitive on this matter. Does anyone have a copy of the mail? I'm curious to see the wording of the mail. I find it hard to imagine that the T&D didn't cover this.

IMHO Ink is right on the money. If the code was specifically meant for new customers, and as an existing customer you went out of your way to set up multiple accounts to "appear" to qualify as a new customer...I think you need to question your own ethics and character.

If you used the coupon and you were unaware of any restrictions...then I would consider that to be an honest misunderstanding.

That being said, I think Sideshow needs to accept some of the responsibilities for this mess. If the code was to be restricted to new customers, then existing customers should have not been able to submit new orders using the Avenger code.

IMHO Ink is right on the money. If the code was specifically meant for new customers, and as an existing customer you went out of your way to set up multiple accounts to "appear" to qualify as a new customer...I think you need to question your own ethics and character.

If you used the coupon and you were unaware of any restrictions...then I would consider that to be an honest misunderstanding.

That being said, I think Sideshow needs to accept some of the responsibilities for this mess. If the code was to be restricted to new customers, then existing customers should have not been able to submit new orders using the Avenger code.

Exactly. :exactly:

Thank you for your order and for your continued interest in Sideshow Collectibles.

While processing your in stock order we noticed that you used the AVENGER coupon that was offered to people who specifically created a new account only. While we do appreciate your business and value your time with us, I am afraid that you do not qualify for this promotion. For your convenience I have linked to the terms and conditions below.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=38739

If you would still like to purchase the items you ordered; we would be happy to offer you a 10% discount on your order, and you would just need to contact me by May 14, 2013. If we do not hear from you by this date we will automatically cancel the order for you.

If you should have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Well If I knew about the coupon in advance I would have had my sister or friend buy the Maul legendary figure for me and I would of gave them the money. I wouldn't question my ethics or character if I suceeded in doing so. When I first joined Sideshow I got a $10 coupon not a 25% off, it would have been nice if SS gave that coupon to everyone. Especaily when their royal customers are getting screwed lately with broken statues, wrong items, faulty electronics etc . The 25% off would have been a nice gesture. If you want to talk about ethinics and character well look at Sideshow as a company. They flat out lie about their stock and pretend there items sell out to create more of a demand. They remove promised items from their statues without communication or any explanation. IMO Sideshow business pratices are very shady.

Well If I knew about the coupon in advance I would have had my sister or friend buy the Maul legendary figure for me and I would of gave them the money. I wouldn't question my ethics or character if I suceeded in doing so. When I first joined Sideshow I got a $10 coupon not a 25% off, it would have been nice if SS gave that coupon to everyone. Especaily when their royal customers are getting screwed lately with broken statues, wrong items, faulty electronics etc . The 25% off would have been a nice gesture. If you want to talk about ethinics and character well look at Sideshow as a company. They flat out lie about their stock and pretend there items sell out to create more of a demand. They remove promised items from their statues without communication or any explanation. IMO Sideshow business pratices are very shady.

Evidently Sideshow lies to their customers, manipulates product to increase demand, and has ethics issues yet you still have no problem spending your hard earned money on their products? If Sideshows business practices are so reprehensible...why are you continuing to do business with them? I guess those business practices are as "shady" as you thought....

Let's be honest...you continue to do business with Sideshow because your desire/addiction to purchase collectibles is more important than your apparent disdain for their business practices. If you truly believed that Sideshow was an ethically challenged company, you would not spend another dime on their products. By continuing to purchase product from Sideshow, there is no incentive whatsoever for them to change their business practices.

Sideshow knows this...so until their shady business practices cost Sideshow customers, market share, revenues, or profits we all (and I include myself in this assessment) "feed the beast" so to speak by continuing to buy their products.

Evidently Sideshow lies to their customers, manipulates product to increase demand, and has ethics issues yet you still have no problem spending your hard earned money on their products? If Sideshows business practices are so reprehensible...why are you continuing to do business with them? I guess those business practices are as "shady" as you thought....

Let's be honest...you continue to do business with Sideshow because your desire/addiction to purchase collectibles is more important than your apparent disdain for their business practices. If you truly believed that Sideshow was an ethically challenged company, you would not spend another dime on their products. By continuing to purchase product from Sideshow, there is no incentive whatsoever for them to change their business practices.

Sideshow knows this...so until their shady business practices cost Sideshow customers, market share, revenues, or profits we all (and I include myself in this assessment) "feed the beast" so to speak by continuing to buy their products.

Your correct I still love their products in matter of fact I just made a purchase today. Honestly I'm not to bothered by their inventory scheme I don't fall for it so who cares It just gives me something to laugh about. I really brought it up because honestly I'm annoyed with the QC issues lately. A lot of my stuff is arriving broken with parts missing etc. Their QC has been quite terrible lately. I won't list every order I have issues with, I don't want to bore everyone but lets just say I'm returning my 3rd Fett bust due to damage. I do wish the discount was for everyone. But it wasn't and like I said if I had more time I would have had my sister purchase something with her CC and have it shipped to her. I don't see a problem with that. Anyway I have voiced my issues with Sideshow a few days ago and ironically they called me a few hours ago. Despite there QC issues their customer service is still top notch. I am very happy with the outcome of my conversation today and I finally ordered the Darth Maul Legendary figure. It should be here next week :rotfl

Your correct I still love their products in matter of fact I just made a purchase today. Honestly I'm not to bothered by their inventory scheme I don't fall for it so who cares It just gives me something to laugh about. I really brought it up because honestly I'm annoyed with the QC issues lately. A lot of my stuff is arriving broken with parts missing etc. Their QC has been quite terrible lately. I won't list every order I have issues with, I don't want to bore everyone but lets just say I'm returning my 3rd Fett bust due to damage. I do wish the discount was for everyone. But it wasn't and like I said if I had more time I would have had my sister purchase something with her CC and have it shipped to her. I don't see a problem with that. Anyway I have voiced my issues with Sideshow a few days ago and ironically they called me a few hours ago. Despite there QC issues their customer service is still top notch. I am very happy with the outcome of my conversation today and I finally ordered the Darth Maul Legendary figure. It should be here next week :rotfl

I hear ya....there have been a number of QC issues. And nothing is more disheartening than to be anxiously anticipating a purchase and have it arrive with issues.

I also agree that it would have been nice if SS offered a nice discount for existing customers as well. I understand that they wanted to offer an aggressive discount to new customers because they want to create new collectible addicts. :lol But it would be nice for SS to show a little love for existing customers.

They are readily willing to give away hundreds of dollars to someone who has never done business with them before, but only offer loyal customers $30 discounts on flawed statues.

Everyone should be pissed off in my opinion.

Back