212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways the reason why the SS clones look bulkier is not due to the body but the size of the armor. Medicom's are a tighter fit thus looked slimmer whilst SS Clones' are bigger thus will be a little loose.

The extenders that came with clones are 12mm. And who needs bulk for armored characters? Seems that TDK Bats is using regular body with exteder but is as tall and at the PERFECT(maybe almost) bulk compared to HT TDK fatman.

ZOMG!! perfectly explained fact.

"who needs bulk for armored characters"

SST Clone seems to be beyond simply being bulky... it's as if it has a presence and an sense of swagger.

Medicom did a great job... don't get me wrong, i dig their product line... but, in my opinion, SST surpassed them... it's like they took the "doll" out of Medicom's Clone and gave us something closer to a kick a$$ Hot Toys product... but then i like my Batman movies without Robin, some people dig the kid... so now there is something for all of us!

Imo, HOT TOYS is the reason why Sideshow is doing armored figures and able to be competitive in the 1/6th market.

Without hot toys helping them design their Pro body and armor, where would they be?

Last edited:
"who needs bulk for armored characters"

SST Clone seems to be beyond simply being bulky... it's as if it has a presence and an sense of swagger.

Medicom did a great job... don't get me wrong, i dig their product line... but, in my opinion, SST surpassed them... it's like they took the "doll" out of Medicom's Clone and gave us something closer to a kick a$$ Hot Toys product... but then i like my Batman movies without Robin, some people dig the kid... so now there is something for all of us!

The "doll" appearance on Medicom figure is due to lack of weathering. I have customed Medi Clones and a Hurricane custom Cody and they are far beyond "dolls' trust me. What's looks right with SSC clones are due to weathering. Give me a Medi-Clone and I can weather it and they'll be as good as the SSC version under 10 mins. Dry brushing and airbrushed "dirt" and "grime" here and there and its perfect.

The "doll" appearance on Medicom figure is due to lack of weathering. I have customed Medi Clones and a Hurricane custom Cody and they are far beyond "dolls' trust me. What's looks right with SSC clones are due to weathering. Give me a Medi-Clone and I can weather it and they'll be as good as the SSC version under 10 mins. Dry brushing and airbrushed "dirt" and "grime" here and there and its perfect.

I think any intelligent discussion is just a waste of time bro. most of these cats are just looking for reasons to stroke their SSC egos.

I like my Mediclone. I like the fact that the armour is nice and tight. I think he looks fine next to Clone Obi. I don't like the fact that the Medibody is so fragile. Glad the joints are tight, but I'm too scared to be too rough with him. I think the Medibody is good for an armoured figure because of its compact size, and it ends up looking good when it's armoured up.

I like the fact that Clone Obi can get in some pretty dynamic poses, because the body feels more sturdy. Don't like the fact that all the joints are loose making the fact that he can be posed dynamically pretty useless. I also don't like the looseness of the armour. Could be a bit tighter without hindering poseability. Also, I still think the SS helmet is way, way off, but I really don't care, since I don't like the Phase II helmet anyway.

Both have their pros and cons. Saying one is obsolete makes no sense. They're both good and bad in their own ways. I'll be picking up some SS clones later if they do some Phase I clones, but I won't be getting rid of my Medi anytime soon.
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited:
"I think any intelligent discussion is just a waste of time bro. most of these cats are just looking for reasons to stroke their SSC egos."

hey, i am up for intelligent conversation... i won't even let your passive - aggressive backhand get me on the defense... just talking toys dude...for the last three years i have been championing Medicom's achievements... i have about as little "SSC ego" as it comes... you can check my past posts, it's all there in black and white...

"Without hot toys helping them design their Pro body and armor, where would they be?"

perhaps the more relevant question is "where would we be?" and the answer... missing out.

i do recognize this jump SST has made with their Clone and i am willing to reevaluate... i am only wanting the best representation possible, and as of now, SST has it... to be fair, i would really like to get this figure in hand before making a final judgement on it...

Scarlet... in my eyes, it isn't only about the weathering... like i have said, it's in the swagger... the SST looks not only looks like a real dude in armor, it looks like a "keep the f#$k out of his way" dude in armor... the figure has a build where the Shocktrooper appears to be wearing a training bra... again, i am a Medicom fan... more importantly, i am a Star Wars fan... and i really feel like SST just threw a surprise punch, and instead of countering, i can't help to be hit... i have seen your work and have complemented within many threads but, even you couldn't make a horse jockey look like a football player...

regardless... beauty is in the eye of the beholder... it's all art and obviously it is doing its job as we are all so passionate about it!

More pics of this figure kicking ass, please, a little less nitpicking. Thanks! :D

More pics of this figure kicking ass, please, a little less nitpicking. Thanks! :D

Yeah, we can do without the Medicom circlejurk that is developing here.

Unfortunately, nobody has this in hand yet so this is what we get.

Medicom's clones are awesome. I'm glad to have mine but I have to say that my customized ones by Josh show the coolness the SS one does in the pics we've seen. That's why for me personally I like the SS one more cause I don't feel to get that level I have to send it to someone.

The Medi looks good and so does the SSC one. It should be expected that the SSC clone SHOULD (reserving full credit and declaring SS the winner until we get more pics and more figs in hand) slightly edge out the medi since they have the advantage of seeing the competition before submitting their entry into the market. I can't say I think they bested medi with the clone obi submission...so hopefully this is better.

As a matter of fact, I would think less of SSC if they didn't 1) Improve on the clone obi armor and 2) Make an at least slightly better clone than Medi.:D

Medicom's clones are awesome. I'm glad to have mine but I have to say that my customized ones by Josh show the coolness the SS one does in the pics we've seen. That's why for me personally I like the SS one more cause I don't feel to get that level I have to send it to someone.

That's precisely why HTs would make better SW figures...but that's another argument:monkey5:D:monkey5:D

I like the Mediclones, too. In fact, I think they are by far the best SW figures that they make. They're quite accurate and pretty much in-scale with other 1:6 figures. My only qualms with them are the price and the Hasbro-quality blaster (which is also the only accessory). I do not find them to be a good value at all.

I'm glad that the Medicom clones will apparently display well with the Sideshow ones.

Imo, HOT TOYS is the reason why Sideshow is doing armored figures and able to be competitive in the 1/6th market.

Without hot toys helping them design their Pro body and armor, where would they be?

Hot Toys assisted with the armor body, which is basically a skinnier truetype. SSC developed the Pro on their own.

If you're going to put forth unreasonable bias against SSC, at least have the facts straight.

Yeah Nash, i mean it's obvious HT wasn't that involved, otherwise the joints would've been tight, and still not loose months after release. (of course that just might be a factory thing i dunno)

/prays the Han and Luke troopers have tighter joints.

I like the Mediclones, too. In fact, I think they are by far the best SW figures that they make. They're quite accurate and pretty much in-scale with other 1:6 figures. My only qualms with them are the price and the Hasbro-quality blaster (which is also the only accessory). I do not find them to be a good value at all.

I'm glad that the Medicom clones will apparently display well with the Sideshow ones.

My only issue with the Medi Clones were that they had very little poseability. Great base body, but ended-up being pretty useless.

My plans were to go with 2 Medicom Ep III white clones and get them painted. I had them before and liked them but sold them in hopes of SSC making great ones.
I changed my mind though because I planning on a Medicom Anakin
So I got a white one a few weeks back and was gonna get my 2nd one til I saw Daves pics of the 212th.
Now for me to get them painted with shipping would be about $85 each.
Plus I figure about $110 per fig unless I find a great deal. So for $390 I could have a custom 501st and custom 212th Medicoms.
So price was a no brainer-SSC wins that. But I asked myself-self are the Medicom worth it? I analyzed everything I could think of from articulation to paint.
Back to Daves pics!
Your pics sealed the deal. Im not gonna pay almost $400 when I can spend $180 and be happier in the end.
I liked these areas SSC had to offer.
Price
Paint job
Posability-stand or not
More realistic look
Fisted hands
Rifle
No sending in my figs for paint

These are just my opinions and how I broke it down.
I think they are both nice figs and both have Positives and Negatives.
SSC wins for me

Back