212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all the great pics and reviews, I ordered the second chance opportunity from SS. I might order Vader, Sandtrooper and Shochtrooper if these two live up to their reviews.

Getting Vader and a Sandtrooper were a given for me. I was unsure of the Shocktrooper, but ordered just because of how much I like the Utapau. I have a feeling I'm going to have a large armored collection.

Getting Vader and a Sandtrooper were a given for me. I was unsure of the Shocktrooper, but ordered just because of how much I like the Utapau. I have a feeling I'm going to have a large armored collection.

Palpatine 2 set was the last SS order until my recent Utapau / Stormtrooper. I am able to justify all figures. Vader is needed to go along with Stormtrooper, Shocktrooper with Palpatine and the Sandtrooper just looks bad a$$.

Like you, I foresee a large armored collection. :eek:

They should just rub right off with a bit of pressure from your thumb. A few coats of clearcoat on the metal, or just picking up some black wire sleeve, slipping that over and trimming it to fit should keep it from happening in the future.

I tried rubbing it off and no luck. Is there anything else that I can use?

I tried rubbing it off and no luck. Is there anything else that I can use?

Nail polish remover and a Q-tip. Dab lightly though, you don't want to rub off the paint on the product. Personally, I'd just leave it. The Utapau's weathered as is and it'd just add character.

i am really tempted to get another piece....so i can have one at each side of general obi .

Palpatine 2 set was the last SS order until my recent Utapau / Stormtrooper.

Same for me. I got Palpatine/Sidious and then ditched the line until the Utapau Trooper. It was a combination of personal finances, lackluster offerings, and QC issues. Looks like the line is on an upswing again though!

028.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

038.jpg

Basically here's my question: Can you raise your clones legs to a kicking position and it not flop back to straight up and down? I'm trying to figure out if that's just how they are made or if I have a genuine loose joint issue. Thanks.

My final replacement has the same exact problem--legs flop like a dude with ED if you get my drift. At this point, I'm stuck with it at a discount and now have to figure out how to fix it.

To say that I hate this body type and this figure will probably be a sore spot in my collection (I'd get a refund but I have all the others and the completist in me won't let that happen) is an understatement...:mad:

My final replacement has the same exact problem--legs flop like a dude with ED if you get my drift. At this point, I'm stuck with it at a discount and now have to figure out how to fix it.

To say that I hate this body type and this figure will probably be a sore spot in my collection (I'd get a refund but I have all the others and the completist in me won't let that happen) is an understatement...:mad:

There are two ways to fix the issue. Take off the armor and clothing and check to see if the screws are in there tightly. If they aren't, then tighten them up. That may fix it. Otherwise, put a little superglue in joints and as it dries, move the legs a little so that they do not get stuck. That should considerably tighten the legs. I have used that trick on so many toys over the years.

Just got a 212 clone from my Fiance, super cool clone. however one arm seems broken and the other was twisted backwards.... out came out of the sideshow plastic wrap, new box, this way. fortunately it came form a local comic shop and they should be able to take care of the return/ exchange.

how do you take out the chest plate of this guy....I want to change the body to HT slim body...

Ijust got this guy today, great figure. All the joints seem good on mine, but I was due a good one, my clone Obi and Stormtrooper are floppy joes.

I was wondering if anyone had considered adding gloss the the visor, I'm not a fan of the dull paint job there.

Didnt quite like both the shock and the utapau... whats up with the scuplt on the AOTC clone anyways... its way off.

Back