2020.02.04 Jon's or Fullmetal's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Updated 2014.03.18! Jon's or Fullmetal's Customs.

:panic: Holy Shizznit!!!

Re: Updated 2014.10.02 Jon's or Fullmetal's Customs.

damn it! why did I even bother bumping up this thread! oh well, only less than 0.01% would be able to afford it so I guess it's okay :pfft:

Brother, there's no need to go so hard. I know that you're new and I've seen you spending a lot of time in the custom threads. I'm sure you've seen what the top notch hand crafted custom stuff goes for by now. Any hardcore custom collector here will tell you that you get what you pay for with Fullmetal's work. You're entitled to be put off by his prices but there's no reason to drop insults in his thread. If you stick around I'm sure you'll learn more about customs and you'll get why some are priced the way they are

Brother, there's no need to go so hard. I know that you're new and I've seen you spending a lot of time in the custom threads. I'm sure you've seen what the top notch hand crafted custom stuff goes for by now. Any hardcore custom collector here will tell you that you get what you pay for with Fullmetal's work. You're entitled to be put off by his prices but there's no reason to drop insults in his thread. If you stick around I'm sure you'll learn more about customs and you'll get why some are priced the way they are
:exactly::goodpost:

I understand what you mean and I'm definitely not insulting people that have bought Fullmetal's stuff. I just do not understand his reasons behind his "very expensive" (quote by Devinator69) metal accessories. "This is his only income" excuse doesn't cut it for me and that's all I'm saying since that seems to be his onl y his excuse for his "VERY EXPENSIVE" metal stuff. I mean, I don't know if you REALLY get what you paid for since I've never bought anything from him but I'm pretty sure there got to be someone else who makes metal accessories? Maybe not because I haven't looked around in this forum like that but what if there was one and he decides to charge people $50-70 for a leg brace? Then would you say that you really got what you paid for from Fullmetal? His other excuse for such a high price is because it takes him 7-10 hours to make one item. Well, that's his fault because I'm pretty sure there's someone who can complete a piece in under 7 hours and fairly charge people because maybe he has a legit job on top of his metal making hobby. I know for a fact that his outrageous price is only because THIS IS ONLY HIS INCOME. I'm not sure but I believe Kato's a full-time clothing maker also but at least his stuff is LEGIT. Even though I'm pretty new to figures, I can understand Kato's price tag because I have some experience as a tailor and most of Kato's stuff is 99% accurate to 1:1 scale and seems like it's made out of high quality materials. But metal? Well, I'm pretty sure Fullmetal has way more experience than me but I took a jewelry class in high school and few of my metal projects were showcased in my school so I'm pretty familiar with that department and I'm not going to say any more than that. Making something like a 1/6 scale of leg brace compare to Kato's suit... In my opinion, you can't compare those two.. just my two cents. I'm done and please tell Devinator69 to stop tripping because he tells me via PM "nobody is on your side!" like I'm running for a mayor or something? I need to shake people's hands now? I was just voicing my opinion for myself period.

If you lost a finger perfecting miniature metal works please by all means criticize the prices. No one is forcing people to pay for these items. They do so because Fullmetal has proven time and time again that he can shrink everyday object to 1/6 scale accurately. High end collectors want to pay to own that stuff.

Man, I had to check out this thread to see what this Fullmetal guy was all about.

I'm not going to lie, he made some pretty sweet looking stuff but man, I'm sick and tired of his "only income for his family" and "7-10 hours to make one" excuses for his outrageous price!

"Less than 0.01% of collectors can afford it"
Seriously? So since he doesn't have any other legit jobs, he decided to jump into this making metal accessories for 1/6 collectors knowing that less than 0.01% of collectors would only be able to afford his stuff because he decided to skyrocket his price because he thought it would be very reasonable for him to do that since this is HIS ONLY JOB and takes him 7-12 hours to make one item??? Jeez, somebody please tell me that I'm not the crazy one here.

I understand what you mean and I'm definitely not insulting people that have bought Fullmetal's stuff. I just do not understand his reasons behind his "very expensive" (quote by Devinator69) metal accessories. "This is his only income" excuse doesn't cut it for me and that's all I'm saying since that seems to be his onl y his excuse for his "VERY EXPENSIVE" metal stuff. I mean, I don't know if you REALLY get what you paid for since I've never bought anything from him but I'm pretty sure there got to be someone else who makes metal accessories? Maybe not because I haven't looked around in this forum like that but what if there was one and he decides to charge people $50-70 for a leg brace? Then would you say that you really got what you paid for from Fullmetal? His other excuse for such a high price is because it takes him 7-10 hours to make one item. Well, that's his fault because I'm pretty sure there's someone who can complete a piece in under 7 hours and fairly charge people because maybe he has a legit job on top of his metal making hobby. I know for a fact that his outrageous price is only because THIS IS ONLY HIS INCOME. I'm not sure but I believe Kato's a full-time clothing maker also but at least his stuff is LEGIT. Even though I'm pretty new to figures, I can understand Kato's price tag because I have some experience as a tailor and most of Kato's stuff is 99% accurate to 1:1 scale and seems like it's made out of high quality materials. But metal? Well, I'm pretty sure Fullmetal has way more experience than me but I took a jewelry class in high school and few of my metal projects were showcased in my school so I'm pretty familiar with that department and I'm not going to say any more than that. Making something like a 1/6 scale of leg brace compare to Kato's suit... In my opinion, you can't compare those two.. just my two cents. I'm done and please tell Devinator69 to stop tripping because he tells me via PM "nobody is on your side!" like I'm running for a mayor or something? I need to shake people's hands now? I was just voicing my opinion for myself period.

Voicing your opinion is one thing however there's no need to be rude or insulting.

I'm going to cut you some slack because you're new. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the board rules before you continue on and get yourself into trouble.

COMMUNITY GUIDELINES

Each member of the community is responsible for 1) showing respect for our forum and the other members of the community and 2) not abusing the forum and the other members of the community.

Our Community Guidelines aren’t designed to specifically cover every possible scenario and you alone are responsible for any content or activity associated with your account. Membership at Sideshowcollectors.com is a privilege granted by the owner/administrator. It is not a social or legal right. We may issue a warning, temporarily or permanently ban/deactivate your account(s) and/or IP addresses, or delete/edit your content if your conduct violates any part of our Community Guidelines or is counterproductive to the purpose of the site.

This kind of work is not for everyone to grab! Specially full hand-made stuff.
As the saying goes: "Don't buy stuff you can't afford". :)

Re: 2017.02.16 Jon's or Fullmetal's Customs

Bumpin this up. Dave just a heads up. Interested in some of Jons stuff, but several links do not work.

Re: Jon's Custom Made Items. He makes almost everything out of metal.

Hey there
How much is it for
Vuarnet 003 SG from the Movie "The Big Lebowski" worn by Jeff Bridges as Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski for RM HS ?

Re: 2018.02.11 Jon's or Fullmetal's Customs

I also make stuff... In no way do I compare myself with Full Metal Customs - they're in their own league, outstanding work speaks for itself. They don't need me.

However, I do happen to own one of their Mad Max legbraces. I don't buy much, mainly because when what we buy is seen as some sort of badge, I avoid all that, isn't called "consumerism" anyway and I'm a firm avoider of -isms! I have to say it is one of my crown jewels. I wouldn't have the time or skill or interest to perfect something like it. I tried and failed.

It forms the very basis of my MAD MAX and honestly I wouldn't have even gotten him started without such a piece. It then gave me the confidence to go get a professional paint job on the head. Two parts that cost more than most new released figures. I'm saying all this to show
1. I know figures, buying and building
2. I know cost versus real life issues, where priorities lie
3. I firmly believe you are getting quality from FMC

Just wanted to say my piece.

Back