2018 College Football General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2014 College Football General Discussion PLAYOFFS are here!!!

I am interested in TCU vs Ole Miss. I think TCU has too much firepower and has been consistent all year. Ole Miss seems to be hit and miss (e.g. losing 30-0 to Arky).

I also think Ohio St would lose to TCU.

I think the Big 12 needs to expand to get back to 12. So we need to add BYU as one choice. Not sure what other school is available/open to moving to Big 12. My wish list was

Louisville
BYU
Memphis
Central Florida
Air Force

I am interested in TCU vs Ole Miss. I think TCU has too much firepower and has been consistent all year. Ole Miss seems to be hit and miss (e.g. losing 30-0 to Arky).

I also think Ohio St would lose to TCU.

I think the Big 12 needs to expand to get back to 12. So we need to add BYU as one choice. Not sure what other school is available/open to moving to Big 12. My wish list was

Louisville
BYU
Memphis
Central Florida
Air Force
Byu just went independent a year or two ago I doubt that they will join a conference.

And yeah it's really dumb the big 12 is 10 teams.

What's really dumb is there are FIVE power conferences and only FOUR playoff spots. :wink1: I hope bowl games die eventually and we get a FCS style playoff.

No.

4 is enough. Add more and it will make the regular season mean less like it does in other sports. And will just be there to get a 2 loss Alabama type team in.

4 Super Conferences will happen. The championship games of those will be the first round of the playoffs.

Bowls will and should still happen.

If there's even more money to be made with an expanded playoff system, then that's what we'll get, eventually. And unfortunately, IMO.

No.

4 is enough. Add more and it will make the regular season mean less like it does in other sports. And will just be there to get a 2 loss Alabama type team in.

4 Super Conferences will happen. The championship games of those will be the first round of the playoffs.

Bowls will and should still happen.
Exactly. If we find over years there is a constant need for 8 teams and there are 8 worthy teams maybe but no way so far. Mich St would be in the playoff and Miss St slides in because teams ahead if them actually made conference championship game so they dropped after losing.

If the big 12 didn't drop the ball big time in refusing to name a conference champ which made it a situation what 6 teams feel they should be in, when in reality it's only one team who was on the outside looking in if the big 12 had done their job. Instead they wanted to hedge their bets to try and get one if two teams I and in the end lost out.

Bowls are so pointless, who really wants to watch 6-7 Fresno State vs. Rice or Toledo vs. Arkansas St.? FCS has a 24-team playoff and it's awesome, hopefully one of these centuries the FBS will come around, they've managed to have the most illogical postseason for probably 100 years now.

Bowls are so pointless, who really wants to watch 6-7 Fresno State vs. Rice or Toledo vs. Arkansas St.? FCS has a 24-team playoff and it's awesome, hopefully one of these centuries the FBS will come around, they've managed to have the most illogical postseason for probably 100 years now.
Bowls are great, plenty watch them or they won't be on. :slap Not to mention lots of people travel to see them the bowl games.

The FCS playoff would be a massive joke for the FBS. You really think all the top 24 teams REALLY deserve to be in a the playoff? Seconds all those smaller conferences get the shaft have nothing to look forward too? They aren't going to be in the top 24 and if you plan to push all the conference champs into the playoff that's even sader. We don't need 24 teams to figure out who was the best this year. 5 teams can make a legitimate claim to that and 4 are in a playoff. If the playoff gets bigger the regular season becomes less and less important.

Bowls are so pointless, who really wants to watch 6-7 Fresno State vs. Rice or Toledo vs. Arkansas St.?
Students, faculty and staff, alumni, and college football fans in general. Particularly for those affiliated with the school, bowls are special things, and if they had some massive playoff many of those guys would get nothing like that to cap off the year. Having graduated from a smaller school that was never going to be in the national title race, I can appreciate it on that level.

Bowls are great, plenty watch them or they won't be on. :slap Not to mention lots of people travel to see them the bowl games.

The FCS playoff would be a massive joke for the FBS. You really think all the top 24 teams REALLY deserve to be in a the playoff? Seconds all those smaller conferences get the shaft have nothing to look forward too? They aren't going to be in the top 24 and if you plan to push all the conference champs into the playoff that's even sader. We don't need 24 teams to figure out who was the best this year. 5 teams can make a legitimate claim to that and 4 are in a playoff. If the playoff gets bigger the regular season becomes less and less important.

I'm not saying there should be a 24 team playoff, I'd be happy with 12 though. There are 128 teams in college football and only four should get a chance to play in the playoffs? If college basketball was like the FBS, Connecticut and Kentucky probably wouldn't have even made the tournament last year. Playoffs would be so much fun and give a smaller school a chance to sneak in plus imagine the upset possibilities! I doubt they will ever let a team into the four team playoff that isn't from a power five conference.

Because that is the beauty of FBS college football, the season matters. You can't lose. Basketball? Just play good enough to make it to the big dance.

I'm not saying there should be a 24 team playoff, I'd be happy with 12 though. There are 128 teams in college football and only four should get a chance to play in the playoffs? If college basketball was like the FBS, Connecticut and Kentucky probably wouldn't have even made the tournament last year. Playoffs would be so much fun and give a smaller school a chance to sneak in plus imagine the upset possibilities! I doubt they will ever let a team into the four team playoff that isn't from a power five conference.
12 teams? Go look at the top 12 and you can HONESTLY tell me they all deserve to be in the playoff? Arizona got housed by Oregon but still make the playoff? K st has one one "good win" and that was over an overrated OU team. Mich St they one "good win" over Nebraska. 12 makes the regular season pointless, I mean go play some ****** teams for non conference, lose two or three conference games and boom your a playoff team. what smaller school makes the playoff with 12 teams? NONE. You have to go 20 deep to get one not power 5 team (Boise St who I can't believe haven't been snatched up by one of them yet), pasts that you have to get to like 28-29 to get another one. Smaller teams played the big boys for years, they were paid big $ to come in and get destroyed. Yes one in 100000000 games a small team would upset someone. This isn't basketball, where it's much easier to get a big upset and small schools have a much better chance.

We should have a SSF Bowl Game pick 'em challenge!

I'm running one online if anyone is interested. $10 to enter, payouts to 1st, 2nd and last place gets a refund. Straight pick em: no spreads, no confidence picks, etc. The point values for games are based on the "prestige" of the bowl. For example, the first 2 dozen are worth 1 pt and the Championship is worth 7.

If you want in, just shoot me a PM for the details. All picks have to be made online NLT 1055 EST on 20 Dec....5 mins before the first bowl kickoff.

Because that is the beauty of FBS college football, the season matters. You can't lose. Basketball? Just play good enough to make it to the big dance.

You can lose. It just helps immensely if it happens early in the season. There's always been some recency bias with polls in my opinion.

Didn't take Muschamp long to get a new job

I accept Jim Harbaugh as my lord and personal saviour. Also if he is interested in a mistress...

images.jpeg

spoon.jpg

jim+harbaugh1.jpg

Unknown.jpeg

TCU is just DOMINATING Ole Miss, this team beat Miss St and Bama, and TCU is just destroying them. They got screwed.

Back