2018 College Football General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2014 College Football General Discussion PLAYOFFS are here!!!

Exactly as I expected it to be 1 through 6. I think only Baylor has a gripe here. I wondered it they would make FSU 4 and OSU 3 just to get the traditional Rose bowl matchup.

Well, that was pretty much the sham I thought it'd be. Can't wait for 1/12 to see Tide/Ducks.

Well, that was pretty much the sham I thought it'd be. Can't wait for 1/12 to see Tide/Ducks.

How did you think should have happened

How did you think should have happened

I would have given Baylor the nod. The OSU selection just screams avoiding controversy to me. And claiming that OSU added a quality win this weekend while pretending Baylor didn't is a little head scratching. KSU was ranked higher than Wisconsin.

Baylor and TCU got screwed. Ohio State lost to a unranked nobody at home.

At least the overrated SEC didn't get 4 teams in.

Didnt know you were a poke supporter. Yes!

Yeah that was definitely a stunner. It's been rough but those extra bowl practices will go a long ways to helping the team get better. Did you make it to game evil?

Wasn't at the game. Was at S&B Burgers for the last half. Place was going nuts with OSU fans. :rock

I'll be attending whatever bowl game they land.

The OSU/OU game was awesome. I'm sure more than a few people that were calling for Gundy's head for the poor season have changed their tune since they beat OU. The program is definitely better with him there.

I like Gundy for how he gives a big FU to local media. Mainly because sports beat writing is a worthless job. A sport radio host is even more worthless.

Gundy just needs to drop Mike Yurich and bring Doug Meacham back home.

And a :lol to Big Game Bob Stoops for taking the penalty and rekicking to the Human Cheetah!!!

Baylor and TCU got screwed. Ohio State lost to a unranked nobody at home.

At least the overrated SEC didn't get 4 teams in.

Wasn't at the game. Was at S&B Burgers for the last half. Place was going nuts with OSU fans. :rock

I'll be attending whatever bowl game they land.

I like Gundy for how he gives a big FU to local media. Mainly because sports beat writing is a worthless job. A sport radio host is even more worthless.

Gundy just needs to drop Mike Yurich and bring Doug Meacham back home.

And a :lol to Big Game Bob Stoops for taking the penalty and rekicking to the Human Cheetah!!![/
QUOTE]

Absolutely!!! I just hope Meach would be open to coming back. Was tough seeing our offense in purple this season. I loved that Stoops had to re-kick the punt to, of all people. Tyreek the freak. haha stOOPS.

Got a good ole fashion ass beating by Bama. Still ended 10-3 and I think we can win our bowl game. I hope so anyways. 11-3 coming off a 12-2 keeps the ball rolling.

Mizzou had a nice season. Although I can't believe the lost to Indiana...What a shock.

I'd kill to have Mizzou's success this year. lol

TCU and Baylor got screwed. Ohio St only got in because of MONEY. The committee kept saying all this time they were going to take "the four best teams". Period.
Hopefully this will get us to the 8 team playoff. I'm so glad we got a 4 team playoff because we will actually get to see some meaningful CFB games on New Years.

TCU and Baylor got screwed. Ohio St only got in because of MONEY. The committee kept saying all this time they were going to take "the four best teams". Period.
Hopefully this will get us to the 8 team playoff. I'm so glad we got a 4 team playoff because we will actually get to see some meaningful CFB games on New Years.

You've got it absolutely right. If the 2 B12 teams are Texas and Oklahoma there's no way both get shut out. The committee took the safe name brand school.

8 teams would be great, I'd be even happier with 16.

I feel for TCU. On the one hand, it seems like they should have been in, only losing once to the team now ranked 6th by a handful of points while Ohio State lost to a mediocre team. But I have a gut feeling that Ohio State is the better team, and that their loss was just an aberration.

Saban and Meyer are two of the most annoying current or former SEC coaches I am familiar with, but both are damn good at what they do. Should be a good game. Florida State feels like the only team in the playoffs that I just can't imagine winning.

TCU has no business being in the playoff. Sure they have a "better loss" but is that now what we judge teams by how good of a loss they have. Isn't that good loss the same loss where blew a huge lead?

If you think Baylor should be in ok maybe but TCU no way. The Big12 didn't help with the whole we won't pick a champion. If you look at Strength of schedule OSU had the best of the three teams. Also there has to something to be said for team who has continued to win after not losing one but two QBs.

As for 8 or 16 teams 8 maybe if we have consistent need for 8 teams over next 3-4 years, 16 hell no. What's the point of the regular season then. Half the teams would have 3 loses this year. And does AZ really deserve to be in a playoff after that waxing they just got? Then you also have the fact that a couple of teams would get in over the team they lost there division too. So if you on the bubble, your better off to not make your conference championship game then get knocked out when you play one more game.

Looking forward to how the hacks at EA cram in this dynamic of paid-off, drunken, jagoffs with whore-emptied nutsacks into the next NCAA game offering. Should totally be worth the annual $50/now$60 price tag they demand.

they don't make that game anymore because of the Sam Keller lawsuit.

Mizzou had a nice season. Although I can't believe the lost to Indiana...What a shock.

I'd kill to have Mizzou's success this year. lol

They did. I can't believe it either. That was what happens when you look to next week for sure.

I hope and think they can keep it going. Just have to find a way to take that next step.

TCU has no business being in the playoff. Sure they have a "better loss" but is that now what we judge teams by how good of a loss they have. Isn't that good loss the same loss where blew a huge lead?
If you're looking at strength of schedule as a general indicator of a team's quality, then the nature of who they win or lose to should both logically factor in. But that shouldn't be the only factor of course.

See i think Baylor didn't get in because they play panhandle state univesity. Their non con is one of the worst if not the worst. They have done this for years. They can only blame themselves. TCU IMO, if definitely deserving over Ohio state. They have dominated mostly this year too and were 4-8 last season. They have elevated themselves for contention. I bet the big12(10) make a championship game or add two teams.

Back