2012 the end of humanity.....???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested for that time, not much longer now, but l am sure it's just another stupid belief like year 2000, nothing happened and nothing will this time. How do a bunch of people back in the day who had no technology know what is going to happen hundreds of years later, oh wait the alien visiters told them, so l believe.

You really should check out Apocalypto - I think you would enjoy it. Wonderful storytelling, lots of action, drama...beautiful cinematography and score.

Apocalypto is that the movie where they actually went to some jumgle and used all the natives who live in the woods as the actors.

I believe it's always darkest before the dawn....but I choose to believe that we are reaching the end of the darkness we have been surrounded by for far too long. Perhaps there will be one big destructive event....it is usually during disastrous times that men come together and accomplish great things....though sadly they seem to be rather short lived...but hopefully that will change.

It's nice to have this kind of optimism but I think there's just too many people in this population to have everyone pull together and accomplish something great.

We're approaching, what, 8 billion people? You take into account opposing religions/views, countries, states, counties, races, family and all these other differences and I don't think people will ever achieve anything more than angst and dark times. Just think of the dysfunctions in your own family or community and multiply that by billions. The world is just too complicated with too many things and the only thing people have to blame for their troubles is themselves as a collective whole. I'm not saying it's good, bad, fortunate or unfortunate it. That's just how it is.

It's nice to have this kind of optimism but I think there's just too many people in this population to have everyone pull together and accomplish something great.

We're approaching, what, 8 billion people? You take into account opposing religions/views, countries, states, counties, races, family and all these other differences and I don't think people will ever achieve anything more than angst and dark times. Just think of the dysfunctions in your own family or community and multiply that by billions. The world is just too complicated with too many things and the only thing people have to blame for their troubles is themselves as a collective whole. I'm not saying it's good, bad, fortunate or unfortunate it. That's just how it is.

You are probably right - but I choose to remain optimistic. :)

This may be out there - but it's a subject I find interesting - the power of the human mind. We can see it's work in things like prayer circles - where everyone is focusing on a common goal. Perhaps what this world needs is more optimism. :dunno

We've seen this talked about in many publications - most recently I think was The Secret - which many probably think is a load of b.s...but I tend to see some truth in it. The energy and thoughts we put out may very well effect things around us. I choose to focus my thoughts on the positive.

I just ordered some books by Issac Newton that I am excited to read - especially his take on things like the book of Revelations.

This may be out there - but it's a subject I find interesting - the power of the human mind. We can see it's work in things like prayer circles - where everyone is focusing on a common goal. Perhaps what this world needs is more optimism. :dunno

We've seen this talked about in many publications - most recently I think was The Secret - which many probably think is a load of b.s...but I tend to see some truth in it. The energy and thoughts we put out may very well effect things around us. I choose to focus my thoughts on the positive.

I just ordered some books by Issac Newton that I am excited to read - especially his take on things like the book of Revelations.

Teach me please, Jen :lol :1-1: I'm becoming more and more of a pessimist day after day.

Teach me please, Jen :lol :1-1: I'm becoming more and more of a pessimist day after day.

Oh I am quite the novice and only learning myself. I'm trying meditation - which has always been difficult for me...and focusing each morning on specific goals. We will see what happens. :lol

Oh I am quite the novice and only learning myself. I'm trying meditation - which has always been difficult for me...and focusing each morning on specific goals. We will see what happens. :lol

The only goals I have in the morning is to see how fast I can hit the snooze and how late I end up sleeping in :lol

I hope the earthquake only hits the Sideshow's warehouse.

No just wishing everything to get destroyed,so they can make it better the 2nd version.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back