2012 the end of humanity.....???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno I only saw the one Gibson directed "Apocalypto"

220px-Apocalypto-poster01.jpg

I didn't see this in the theater because when it was released I was so tired of all the bad press Gibson was getting for his DUI arrest. It made me lose interest in anything he was putting out. I finally saw it about a year later and damn did I regret not seeing that on the big screen. Beautiful film.

This was a fantastic film, from start to end. Gibson really effd his career but it doesn't take away from the many amazing films he's produced/directed.

Here's the trailer for it:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_LIzqF0J2M[/ame]

There was another silly movie with sabretooth tigers and stuff. That's the one I'm thinking of, not Apocalypto..

There was another silly movie with sabretooth tigers and stuff. That's the one I'm thinking of, not Apocalypto..

I have no idea what you are thinking of. :lol But if it's silly type movie, probably not something I would watch as I don't appreciate a lot of the "dumb" humor that you find in most movies these days.

You really should check out Apocalypto - I think you would enjoy it. Wonderful storytelling, lots of action, drama...beautiful cinematography and score.

I have no idea what you are thinking of. :lol But if it's silly type movie, probably not something I would watch as I don't appreciate a lot of the "dumb" humor that you find in most movies these days.

You really should check out Apocalypto - I think you would enjoy it. Wonderful storytelling, lots of action, drama...beautiful cinematography and score.

It was 10,000 BC...see my previous post :D

I will be honest in saying that I haven't seen Apocalypto though. I will start downloading as we speak...it sounds excellent :yess:

It was 10,000 BC...see my previous post :D

I will be honest in saying that I haven't seen Apocalypto though. I will start downloading as we speak...it sounds excellent :yess:

Cool. :rock I'm curious to know what you think of it after you have watched it. It is in subtitles as Gibson had the cast speak Mayan throughout the film...which was genius in my opinion. Really gives you that feeling that you have stepped into another world during another time and it completely immerses you into the great story.

I thrive in situations where panic and hostility take place. As a kid, I remember I loved disaster drills or the thought of having to take shelter and live held up somewhere for days/months to survive. I'd be the first one going against the wall with my head up my ass when a drill started. :lol

Needless to say, I'm ready, but I think being able to witness "an end" is just too good to be true. I think this "2012 Mayan" is crap but I do think we're on the verge of destruction. I don't think it will be BAM, that's it, we're done but something less simple. I imagine there will be tons of agony and suffering from wars and ____. Just an era of morbid garbage.

Cool. :rock I'm curious to know what you think of it after you have watched it. It is in subtitles as Gibson had the cast speak Mayan throughout the film...which was genius in my opinion. Really gives you that feeling that you have stepped into another world during another time and it completely submerses you into the great story.

I think that's genius as well, and like you said, you step into another world rather than a high-production flick like 10,000 BC where all the characters are caucasian and speaking English yet they are supposed to be natives :slap :lol

Just started downloading now, I'm really excited to see this now :hi5:

Hookers and Blow for all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......BTW, I'm still scared for the world to end with Y2K :lol:lol:lol:banghead

Hookers and Blow for all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......BTW, I'm still scared for the world to end with Y2K :lol:lol:lol:banghead

Seeing as I was only 10 with all that Y2K nonsense, I actually remember being scared...I think I thought aliens were going to come down and slaughter us Independence Day style :lol

I thrive in situations where panic and hostility take place. As a kid, I remember I loved disaster drills or the thought of having to take shelter and live held up somewhere for days/months to survive. I'd be the first one going against the wall with my head up my ass when a drill started. :lol

Needless to say, I'm ready, but I think being able to witness "an end" is just too good to be true. I think this "2012 Mayan" is crap but I do think we're on the verge of destruction. I don't think it will be BAM, that's it, we're done but something less simple. I imagine there will be tons of agony and suffering from wars and ____. Just an era of morbid garbage.

I believe it's always darkest before the dawn....but I choose to believe that we are reaching the end of the darkness we have been surrounded by for far too long. Perhaps there will be one big destructive event....it is usually during disastrous times that men come together and accomplish great things....though sadly they seem to be rather short lived...but hopefully that will change.

I believe it's always darkest before the dawn....but I choose to believe that we are reaching the end of the darkness we have been surrounded by for far too long. Perhaps there will be one big destructive event....it is usually during disastrous times that men come together and accomplish great things....though sadly they seem to be rather short lived...but hopefully that will change.

If Shepherd doesn't bring help soon...there won't be an earth left to save :lecture

:lol :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back