2009 Reflections and 2010 New Years Resolutions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamboota

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Everybody! :wave

Well...2010 is coming up in less than a month! (I know...I can't believe it either). And I wanted to take this time and share my reflection on my pass year!

This was a very hard year for me. I had alot of changes in my life. But I managed to do things I've never done before, like go to California, and go to Hollyweird and to this years SDCC. I recently got to go to NYC and see my family that I haven't seen in 12 years. I managed to do things by myself like move in to an apartment with no help from a roommate (which is really hard for me btw...but awesome at the same time) and also buy a newer car since my old car died (car payments suck tho).

Finally one of the things that has most impacted my 2009 was joining this forum. I've heard so much about it from P!tu but never really thought I had enough input to join. But I did it anywayz cuz I wanted to go to the FREAK PARTY (which was awesome BTW), and managed to make great friends on here in the process! There's nothing better to come back from a long hard day at work, or if your having a bad day in general, and sit and read the things you guys post up here!:lol I dunno how I would get through the year with out u guys! :)
There are a couple freaks that I would like to give a shot out that make me feel that I really belong here! So a special thanx to :
p!tu, The Entity, Jen, Bannister, Gruesam, The Ween, Skiman, MorbacH, Toast, DarkArtist81, Darth Cruel, King Darkness, Valfar, Devil_666, Nitro, (I gave u a shot out...so now u better give me that Gammy bust),Agen_Kolar, Shai Hulud and a bunch more that I can't remember! :lol

But I wanted to say Thanks to all the freaks for welcoming me!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

I also wanted to share some of my 2010 resolutions, hopefully I'll achieve all of them!!

1. Do more Art.
2. Lose 50 pounds....:/
3. Save more Money
4. Pay off Credit Cards
5. Move to NYC
6. Read The Dark Tower book Series by Stephan King
7. Try to go to the 2010 SDCC (not likely....fingers crossed)
8. Get a Flat Screen TV
9. Start off my Graphics Company (Zombyware...coming soon)
10. Learn Dutch
11. Have sex with Shai! :naughty
12.....I know I got some more resolutions, but those are the only ones I can think of ATM

Anywayz....enough about my caca (like King Darkness would say).

I wanna hear about your reflections and resolutions!! :D

Last edited:
Great idea for a thread Bamboota!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

For me 2009 is also the year that I joined this awesome place!!
A place were I met a lot of cool people, some of whom I consider real friends :) (you know who you are :D)

2009 has been good, but also tough at times. Like a lot of people my financial situation worsened a bit this year, but overall I have to say it was a good year.
Oh, and it was the year I started collecting Hot Toys figures :D

Then for my 2010 resolutions...

1) Graduate

2) Find a job after graduating

3) Expand my collection

I know... It aren't many, but pretty important ones that will keep me busy the entire year probably :D

Oh and thanks for the shout out, Bam!!! :D :rock :duff

I had a rough year, though not as rough a year as some folks around here had. My gf who I loved dearly...she was my best friend for years...decided she was done with me. She still wanted to be friends, but I couldn't, and long story short I lost a very big part of my life.

But it just goes to show you how things change and how it might be for the better. I applied and got into grad school in the months after that, and I'm finishing my first semester with (knock on wood) straight As while holding on to my day job. I've got some new leads on art projects to do, and I've gone out with a new girl a few times and think she might be good for me. So we'll see what happens.

This new year dawns with a lot of potential.

My new years resolutions:

1. Form a meaningful, lasting relationship of some sort (always a resolution of mine, whether it's a friend or girlfriend)
2. Keep my weight off (I lost about 70 pounds two years ago, and I intend to keep it off)
3. Continue on with grad school
4. Work toward my art skills
5. Enjoy Life (that's the big one, isn't it?)

This year was a grind to say the least. Went to too many funerals for friends family members (feel very lucky it was no one on my side of the family but very sad). Money was a major issue this year as I'm sure it was for everyone else. On the bright side in September I found Sideshow and this forum and of course my love of collecting again. I guess next year I would like to save more money, read more books, take more photos, see my family more often even though they are quite far away in another state. Can't think of anything major but will try.

2009 is the time i really started posting here even though i joined in 2008 i've met a few people here that i also consider real friends like Morbach, The Entity, Darth Snoopy, and other cool people like something sexy, chaserfan, saya!

2009 was a great year for me probably one of the best in a long time and i also got almost every statue i wanted. :rock

for 2010

Get even more statues and try to aim for an even better year than this one which will be hard to top. :lol

and other cool people like something sexy, chaserfan, saya!

:rock Cheers mate!

For me, 2009 was bad in terms of financial security, but good in most other aspects. Quit my fantastic job at a collectibles store (I know! :(), so for a while I was (and am still) trying to regather my savings. In the collectibles world, the best year for HT releases.......SS was a little meh (except Spook; best Spook yet! :rock). And of course, '09 was the year I finally decided to join the best forum in existence! Alot of really great people on here that make collecting all the more fun!

As for new year resolutions:
1. Keep saving for end of year world trip
2. New car
3. Find a better job :eek:
4. Continue collecting, of course
5. Continue chatting to fantastic people here!

Last edited:
Reflections and resolutions are for young people with hope. I'm old, hopeless and I smell. Why change when I'm this far ahead of the pack?

Hey Everybody! :wave

Well...2010 is coming up in less than a month! (I know...I can't believe it either). And I wanted to take this time and share my reflection on my pass year!

This was a very hard year for me. I had alot of changes in my life. But I managed to do things I've never done before, like go to California, and go to Hollyweird and to this years SDCC. I recently got to go to NYC and see my family that I haven't seen in 12 years. I managed to do things by myself like move in to an apartment with no help from a roommate (which is really hard for me btw...but awesome at the same time) and also buy a newer car since my old car died (car payments suck tho).

Finally one of the things that has most impacted my 2009 was joining this forum. I've heard so much about it from P!tu but never really thought I had enough input to join. But I did it anywayz cuz I wanted to go to the FREAK PARTY (which was awesome BTW), and managed to make great friends on here in the process! There's nothing better to come back from a long hard day at work, or if your having a bad day in general, and sit and read the things you guys post up here!:lol I dunno how I would get through the year with out u guys! :)
There are a couple freaks that I would like to give a shot out that make me feel that I really belong here! So a special thanx to :
p!tu, The Entity, Jen, Bannister, Gruesam, The Ween, Skiman, MorbacH, Toast, DarkArtist81, Darth Cruel, King Darkness, Valfar, Devil_666, Nitro, (I gave u a shot out...so now u better give me that Gammy bust),Agen_Kolar, Shai Hulud and a bunch more that I can't remember! :lol

But I wanted to say Thanks to all the freaks for welcoming me!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!

I also wanted to share some of my 2010 resolutions, hopefully I'll achieve all of them!!

1. Do more Art.
2. Lose 50 pounds....:/
3. Save more Money
4. Pay off Credit Cards
5. Move to NYC
6. Read The Dark Tower book Series by Stephan King
7. Try to go to the 2010 SDCC (not likely....fingers crossed)
8. Get a Flat Screen TV
9. Start off my Graphics Company (Zombyware...coming soon)
10. Learn Dutch
11. Have sex with Shai! :naughty
12.....I know I got some more resolutions, but those are the only ones I can think of ATM

Anywayz....enough about my caca (like King Darkness would say).

I wanna hear about your reflections and resolutions!! :D

Lots of words :cool:

Reading is hard :mad:

Though I did notice 'King Darkness' in there twice :rock

Bamboota=not a caca

Take a shower.

:lol :lol

30uy142.jpg

33najw2.jpg

I really don't know what to thank for other than I'm still alive...

As for resolutions not necessarily for the coming year:

1. Lessen online activities because god knows those garments ain't going to sew themselves!:rotfl
2. More artistic endeavours, please?
3. *sigh*.....Go back to school.:(
4. Earn more money, spend less money.
5. Buy MUA 2 once and for all and beat jye!

2009 is the time i really started posting here even though i joined in 2008 i've met a few people here that i also consider real friends like Morbach, The Entity, Darth Snoopy, and other cool people like something sexy, chaserfan, saya! 2009 was a great year for me probably one of the best in a long time and i also got almost every statue i wanted. :rock for 2010 Get even more statues and try to aim for an even better year than this one which will be hard to top. :lol
Amen, bro. :rock Thank you. :duff

Thanks for the shout out Bam it's greatly appreciated!!! This place is sort of an escape from the real world and most of it's problems I definitely know what you mean and seems that a lot of Freaks can come here for advice on general life situations because we are mainly on the same page.

goals:
1) love my wife
2) produce lil Ski's
3) new car (badly needed it's a point A to B car from two place work and gym :lol)
4) new house (almost there with down payment)
5) become the best natural bodybuilder, AGAIN!!!! :lol
6) become even more dedicated, scary dedicated
7) save more money
8) bodyslam Ill Jedi and Cheesey Bagels, one in each arm
9) drink with Jye4ever
10) smash Chapter2099 and Something Sexy's Buffy collection
11) meet Tom Cruise (ahem Banny)

edit: 12) kill zombies

Back