2 New SSE Monsters!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From this weeks newsletter:

Sideshow Collectibles will be hosting a one day celebration, 'Black & White Friday', next week on November 25th, 2005! Tune into the website that day to take advantage of two new SSE Monster Premium Format Figures, discounted merchandise and more!

Disturbing!

Well the newsletter has confirmed that they are indeed Premium Format figures! I find this trend very disturbing! I have to budget for these expensive figures, and to release three in the space of a month, right before Christmas, without warning, is just plain a disservice to loyal customers! A few of you collectors may not mind and prefer not to have to wait, but based on comments from most of the members of this board, the majority cannot afford to plop down $200 or $300 without budgeting for it, let alone $500 to $600 for two at once! I am very disappointed with Sideshow for doing this and really hope they rethink this way of releasing products. This is just madness! I can understand the times when items sometimes come in early, but these three seem to have been planned. I just don’t understand the reasoning behind doing this! :mad: :banghead

ya, would've been better if they gave us some time...

Does anybody know what time Sideshow will release the new SSE Premium Format figures?

I doesn't specify that they will be immediately available for shipping, so I'm still hoping they will turn out to be preorder only. If not, I have to agree with lcummins.

I could be wrong, but I thought that it had stated [maybe in the podcast?] that they were available for shipping.
I'm more upset that we keep getting the PF size instead of 1:6. The LOTR license was PF and now it appears the only Universal Monsters we'll see is PF as well.
:(...oh, well at least the Metaluna Mutant is shipping.

I'm returning to my previous practice of post first, think later.

ir.jpg

Well water probably does have something to do with it. Excuse my ignorance but didn't it rain at some point in London After Midnight? :p :D

its always a matter of A or B.
A- the more finacially secure collectors want it immediately. (I mean, if money's not an issue, none of us here would want to wait EVER)

B- Us collectaholics who refuse to acknowledge the word "budget" even exists and need a heads up on new products to work them into their no-more-room finances.

personally, Im usually in the B section.
I think Sideshow knows that Preorders are more than likely the best way to go most of the time. Im sure cancellations rise when they make products available immediately by people scrambling to afford something NOW they weren't expecting.

and on a side note...... anybody out there have any idea of a way of obtaining any form of LAM the actual movie to watch? I do understand it hasnt been officially released since the 50s, but anyone know of any bootlegs or alternative ways to just see the freakin thing?

LAM is Lost.

occulum said:
its always a matter of A or B.
A- the more finacially secure collectors want it immediately. (I mean, if money's not an issue, none of us here would want to wait EVER)

B- Us collectaholics who refuse to acknowledge the word "budget" even exists and need a heads up on new products to work them into their no-more-room finances.

personally, Im usually in the B section.
I think Sideshow knows that Preorders are more than likely the best way to go most of the time. Im sure cancellations rise when they make products available immediately by people scrambling to afford something NOW they weren't expecting.

and on a side note...... anybody out there have any idea of a way of obtaining any form of LAM the actual movie to watch? I do understand it hasnt been officially released since the 50s, but anyone know of any bootlegs or alternative ways to just see the freakin thing?

Pretty much how I see it also. As for London After Midnight, it is considered a "lost" film. The last known copy was destroyed in a studio fire way back in the 50's. The best you can do now days is a recreation using stills and text from Turner Classic Movies, although, a rumor that a print exists in the hands of a private collector continues to circulate to this day.

I've just thought of something about this debate. We all know that the products take a while from conception through production; even the SSE versions of previously released figures take a little while to produce. So the real question of this debate is not about being able to purchase immediately or not, but whether Sideshow should inform us a product is coming. Obviously, we would all like to recieve the products as soon as possible, but those of us on a budget need a little lead time. So, since Sideshow always knows the products are coming long before we do, it is really a question of when they decide to inform us. Keeping that in mind, do those of you who want your collectibles "now", really mean you would prefer Sideshow not to inform us of upcoming products and just release them with no warning? Just curious... :peace

I prefer as much lead time as possible, and while I love getting SS figures, I have no problem with as long a lead time as possible for finance reasons. I don't keep balances on my credit cards, which basically means I pay as I go, so I have to watch release dates closely and make the best choices for the items I reeeeeally want. The greater the lead time and the more items announced, the better I can plan. Besides, the anticipation of getting an item is almost as great as the actual "getting" of it! (Or maybe that's just me! :D )

Back