2 Broke Girls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatched the first 2 eps and I am digging the show. Amazed at how much they get away with using indirect humor. The 'you've known me a day and already want backdoor' or something caught me offguard! LOL

i only saw the first episode, but the "she's coming" line really threw me off. i was surprised they got away with that.

Yeah, me too. Pilot had several moments like that for me. Good show, but need a stronger supporting cast beside the main two. I believe that is the issue for me, and if they can fix that, this show could be a real keeper

The line in the pilot where she said "You're making me wet" and her bf replied "That's the point." threw me a bit...

I am still enjoying this. Sometimes the comedy isn't as smooth as it should be. But once it is finally delivered, I'm usually cracking up quite a lot. And Monday's episode did not disappoint.

i've been watching a couple episodes to give it a chance, but the show is really losing steam for me. Nothing really clever, just shock jokes.

P.S. I really hate the asian guy who owns the diner. The accent is terrible and it sounds like nails on a chalkboard for me

I tried to give it one last episode last night and changed it halfway through. This show is flat and I'm shocked it's picked up for a full season. I find it on par with "How to Be a Gentleman" which was horrid and seems to already be replaced with Rules of Engagement soon even though originally that was moving to Fridays.

This show still manages to make me laugh every single week. And it's not just a giggle. I am so glad for this show and Whitney because both are just packed with my kind of humor.

I also really love the addition of Jennifer Coolidge. She is hilarious. The back and forth banter between her and Oleg is priceless.

If you haven't seen this show yet, I would say give it a chance. I realize some people don't like it as it's not their kind of humor, etc. But I think it's worth a shot.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3vf_d2rqaQ[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9wcrJBkqY[/ame]

Last edited:
Love this show for the fact that it is SOOO dirty. Amazing that they can get away with as many jokes as they do. I loved the pinkie swear bit about not knowing where his fingers had been.

I also really love the addition of Jennifer Coolidge.

I unfortunately have become hooked on this show. I watch it mainly because I watch How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men and I'm too lazy to change the channel. It usually gives a couple of laughs although the Jewish episode was fairly funny but I hate Jennifer Coolidge. Oh my God has she spread the overweight, slightly dim but still manhungry role so far thin it's almost see through. I don't understand how she is funny at all.

Interestingly enough Beth Behrs is becoming less attractive to me week after week (is she losing weight?) and Kat Dennings is becoming rather stale but seeing them both interact with various people is where a lot of the humor comes in.

I agree with the Jennifer Coolidge hate. I've never liked her and (to put it bluntly) she's too ugly to be funny. Plus the character she is playing now is a character she's played a few too many times before. I'm really hoping she's going away soon.

Given that Michael Patrick King has flipped off the deep end and completely acknowledged to feeding into direct stereotypes there is some pressure for this show to change the characters radically. If that actually comes to pass and they have to make them more than one dimensional I can see many of the diner employees gone and Jennifer Coolidge gone since I think she can't play anything more than this.

She was in the ABC Family show The Secret Life of an American Teenager where she played a former prostitute named Betty. She dressed exactly the same, spoke exactly the same with that slow drawn out almost slurred speech (minus the accent) and the same slow walk that comes from high heels and being smushed into her clothing.

Literally her character on 2 Broke Girls is Betty with a Russian accent, even worse since Betty was looking for redemption and somewhat tolerable since she wasn't on it much. It's like they took the Stifler's Mom archetype and have watched that 1999 dead horse move on it's strange course.

I never saw this show but if it's like Whitney I might not like it. I could never get into the Whitney show. I do like the Chelsea show though, but that's mostly due to Laura Prepon and Chelsea's role in the show.

IMHO It's better than Whitney. I think Whitney Cummings herself is funny (and quite attractive) but her show is stale. Her humor plays better here although for me there are a lot of loose threads that need to be tied up and a lot of jumping from one thing to another than makes it confusing if you miss an episode. It plays connecting which is strange for a sitcom because most play as individual standalone episodes.

I can't believe there's an audience for this show. I've tried to watch it a couple of times after HIMYM (a show that's also dragging and losing steam as it tries desperately to become a new "FRIENDS") and before Alcatraz... very disappointing. Horrible writing-- bad acting-- to each their own... :dunno

I tried to watch CBS shows NCIS, Person of Interest , Undercover Boss and the Big Bang Theory...meh. Not my cup of tea.

The only show I watch is 2 Broke Girls.

Back