1966 Batman Utility Belt prop replica review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Mattel is ringing in the new year wth two new prop replicas from Matty Collector. I'm checking out the first tonight - the 1966 Batman Utility Belt! It's well done, high quality, and not too bad a price, considering. You can find my review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Just in case you're wondering, the fine judges for the 2013 Poppies are diligently working on the nominations for this year's voting. We'll be closing up the nomination process by January 6th, and then I'll get the ballot put together that week and get both the Poppies voting and the People's Picks going. Watch for it!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I've been impressed with most Mattel prop replicas, and this one is cool. But I had done a lot of research on the 66 costume and I'd have liked to see them make this more like the original prop.

beltcolor.jpg

UBA.jpg

The main problem is that the pouches and tubes weren't fixed in place on the original. They should be adjustable. You can see on the West photo on the box that the pouches on either side of the belt should be closer to the buckle. And there should be 5 pouches not just 4.

Back