1500 dollars for Aragorn Statue...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstojano

Super Freak
Reaction score
Josh
That thread would have been a good chance to look back historically at the ups and downs of the SSW line. Shame you locked it.

Anyway, I was shocked to see that price. I knew the Balrog was once a 3k piece, now settled into the 1500 range +/- but had no idea some of the human characters went that crazy.

It was an 8 year old thread that hadn't got bumped. We lock these kinds of threads all the time. Especially when they were threads from the before we moved here.

funny this was mentioned.
I was wondering why Josh was posting new threads for old Weta LOTR pieces rather than bumping the original unlocked thread for the piece?

Either that or posting them in his own Show Your Shelves thread.
Just seemed really odd to start new threads for old pieces when old threads for those pieces already exist???? :dunno

Well, I think it's the Aragorn As strider Polystone statue. I was just looking at eBay, and they had two listings for around 700 and 800. Also, they were from other countries.

Shame too, I really want that statue and all the other ones I want are super expensive too.

funny this was mentioned.
I was wondering why Josh was posting new threads for old Weta LOTR pieces rather than bumping the original unlocked thread for the piece?

Either that or posting them in his own Show Your Shelves thread.
Just seemed really odd to start new threads for old pieces when old threads for those pieces already exist???? :dunno

When I've found an old thread for a piece I've tried to use it. I can't say I haven't missed one but I make sure first. Besides its better than bumping a thread thats like 8 years old.

I also will post them in my thread as well.

The threads aren't being deleted. They just get locked when they get bumped 8 years after someone last posted in them. I'm sorry you disagree with this but we'll continue to do this unless Dave says to stop.

Are we talking about this one?

picture0710ox.jpg

If so $1500 is CRAZY and I thought $300 was stupid..............:cuckoo:

If its the statue I think it is (the one in the picture above) then that is just crazy money to pay! :cuckoo:

When that statue comes up on eBay over here they don't sell for anywhere near that amount !

Who is Dave?

Careful . . . . you make him mad and poof you will be gone from here.

Although in cstojano's defense I don't see Dave post that much anymore so I can understand how some people may have no clue who is behind the curtain of the forum.

As to Aragorn going for over $1.5K that's crazy but there was a time when the SS/WETA statues were expensive as can be on the secondary market.

Yeah its not clear who owns this site or runs things. I don't pay attention to stuff like that. Only Dave I know is Dave Mac.

Regardless of which Aragorn this was clearly someone lost their **** on it. I think this is all important stuff for newer folks to be exposed to, don't buy the hype, be patient, shop smart, etc.

This was back in 2005 when that Aragorn statue was the ONLY one out there. Well, apart from the Elessar and Aragorn on steed. People had a lot more money to spend back then and the statue was extremely limited.
Lots of people, including me, were going crazy to own it, especially after the Weta DVD which showed it off. Sadly, the actual piece when I got it was a big let down, especially in the paintwork.

Yeah its not clear who owns this site or runs things. I don't pay attention to stuff like that. Only Dave I know is Dave Mac.

Regardless of which Aragorn this was clearly someone lost their **** on it. I think this is all important stuff for newer folks to be exposed to, don't buy the hype, be patient, shop smart, etc.

Yep, that's good advice :clap, especially when you are just starting out collecting - particularly when it comes to some of the older pieces.

Back