• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man Mark VII - Modded Eye + Mouth Faceplate! [CLOSED]

Just wanna say that I saw some tracking of my order on the usps site.

I received mine today and it looks really cool for the most part, but are the eyes supposed to be white? It still looks great when it's lit up, but when it's not it almost looks solid white and doesn't match my other Iron Men or the pictures in the first post. Just wanted to know if this was an intentional choice.

And thanks again for putting this whole project together!

I received mine today and it looks really cool for the most part, but are the eyes supposed to be white? It still looks great when it's lit up, but when it's not it almost looks solid white and doesn't match my other Iron Men or the pictures in the first post. Just wanted to know if this was an intentional choice.

Yes the eye pieces are suppose to be like that. They were sanded down and glossed over so that they would have a white overlay hue to it. This causes the light to be distributed across the eye hole evenly. This was mentioned way earlier when my project began and was something I have done to every faceplate. Without it, it causes the light up feature to not spread across the eyes evenly.

If you're not a fan of it being too white, you can take some fine sand paper and sand the eyes some more. Simply pop out the eye attachment from the back of the faceplate and then sand down the eye piece itself to make the white softer.

-----------

Project will resume this week. Went to visit my doctor earlier last week and my temperature was actually at 102.6. Had it gone higher I would have been sent to the emergency room. Luckily the doctors gave me some meds and I've been recovering since. I should be back to full health this week and will go right back to shipping out packages,specifically for Batch 4 and a couple of those that I've missed from the previous back.

They look a lot better that way. Lit *or* unlit.

DBB14FD8-2344-477B-9AE8-4FE778825566.jpg

53E288D8-AB68-441F-B93B-F6D5A9D52F9B.jpg

3AE86F3B-1358-4012-9547-0222B86425F1.jpg

Yes the eye pieces are suppose to be like that. They were sanded down and glossed over so that they would have a white overlay hue to it. This causes the light to be distributed across the eye hole evenly. This was mentioned way earlier when my project began and was something I have done to every faceplate. Without it, it causes the light up feature to not spread across the eyes evenly.

If you're not a fan of it being too white, you can take some fine sand paper and sand the eyes some more. Simply pop out the eye attachment from the back of the faceplate and then sand down the eye piece itself to make the white softer.
I remember reading about the sanding, but I don't recall the white overlay. In any case, I just took some 400 grit sandpaper and sanded the white off. Now it fits right in with the other suits when unlit while retaining the positive affects of the light distribution. Of all the Mark VII faceplate options, I think this is the best one out there, none of the other ones fix the big gap in the mouth, which to me is just as important as the eyes.

Got the faceplate. Thanks Holo! Used a marker to give it a little eye liner. Left is before right is Holo's faceplate.

Sorry guys. Been extremely busy this past week. I'm getting out a large number of packages this coming week. Look forward to that!

Coming to a close for Batch 4 and those from the previous batches that I missed.

Just checking, hope the batch 4 shipping soon.

Shipping information for the following will be up this coming Tuesday. Might be able to add a couple and some might be tweaked here and there. Will confirm on Tuesday when I get them out. Sorry for the delay for some of those in the previous batch. Also if there is anyone else in Batch 2/3 that I have missed, do send me a PM. I lost my documentation file that was holding some of the information on members from previous batches.

Will be sending some PM's to people to confirm their address. Almost done with Batch 4!

Rory - Replacement
Chewdeezy - 1 Clean + 1 Midas
Guy66657 - 1 Clean
Batmanfan23 - 1 Clean
TactfulJoe - 1 Clean

Batch 4:
Cocoboloboy - (1) BD Faceplate
Barbossa - (1) BD: Subtle BD
LittleBahamut - (2) BD
Tgg7979 - (1) Clean + (1) Midas
drjedisith - (1) Clean + (1) BD
elvis1976 - (1) Clean
lowpro81 - (1) Clean
Lord Vicious - (1) Clean
DreamWorks - (2) Clean
F_seb - (1) Clean

Hello Holo,

I'm in batch 3, it's been more than 2 months since you update with the tracking numbers and shipping information for batch 3 and I haven't received anything yet.

I noticed you change a few tracking numbers from "LC... to LZ..." Why was that?

Can you check please in the post office for my package? Or how much more should I wait?

Thanks man!!

Pm sent. Pleasr reply thanks!

PM sent. Pls check and reply

Was I supposed to have received tracking info? I don't have a PM from you.

Holo can you please reply my question a few posts back?

Don't left us here forgoten please :lol

Hi I have sent pm but still haven't received a reply or update. I am in batch 3. Pls can I have an update? Thanks

Already PM'd everyone in the list but please reply back to it whenever you see it. Shipment was held off till after the Holidays. I've already sent PMs to those in the list below for confirmation on their address and some have already replied back. Will be sending the final PM's tonight so that they can all be dropped off on Monday/Tuesday.

I have every single faceplate fully painted now. All that's left is to get this shipment out and then the shipment after that will be the final portion of Batch 4. That should be the final shipment for everything.

Shipment for this Monday/Tuesday:
Rory - Replacement
Chewdeezy - 1 Clean + 1 Midas
Guy66657 - 1 Clean
Batmanfan23 - 1 Clean
TactfulJoe - 1 Clean
Feronz
anwching

Batch 4:
Cocoboloboy - (1) BD Faceplate
Barbossa - (1) BD: Subtle BD
LittleBahamut - (2) BD
Tgg7979 - (1) Clean + (1) Midas
drjedisith - (1) Clean + (1) BD
elvis1976 - (1) Clean
lowpro81 - (1) Clean
Lord Vicious - (1) Clean
DreamWorks - (2) Clean
F_seb - (1) Clean

Never had a PM buddy, think I was on Batch 4?
I'm sending PMs to the final portion of Batch 4 throughout the weekend. The ones sent already are for those in the list above. Will be sending yours tomorrow or Sunday.

Back