• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Iron Man Mark VII - Modded Eye Faceplate + Clear Eye Piece!

I think the painting and finish on this are on a higher level. Well done Hologram A.I. No sloppy edges, curves or paint finish on your work. Precise and excellent.

I think the painting and finish on this are on a higher level. Well done Hologram A.I. No sloppy edges, curves or paint finish on your work. Precise and excellent.
The pictures of the faceplate that I''ve posted isn't even the finalized one but thanks for the compliment Rory! :lol
The ones posted is the faceplate that's been primed and given two coats of gold. It was missing another coat of gold, clear coated, wet sanded and buffed. I did apply those final steps onto it but didn't manage to take a picture before I prepped it for casting.

On another note, this mouth mod is a pain in the ***! :panic: But I'm doing my best for you guys. :blissysmi

Good luck with that mouth mod AI.

Question. The faceplate is missing the black lines on the side of the eyes that extend to towards the ears and the middle of the brow. Will those be painted in for the finished piece?

This was awesome without the mouth mod, if you can pull this off= even more EPIC!

Question. The faceplate is missing the black lines on the side of the eyes that extend to towards the ears and the middle of the brow. Will those be painted in for the finished piece?
I doubt I'll add the black line going from the edge of the eyes to the edge of the faceplate towards the "ear" area. That would require me to do some very minor stencil painting which I'm not sure I can carry out nicely across the 65+ faceplates I need to paint. However, I have thought of some ways so only time will tell. I'll need to test it out.

Regarding the eyes and the middle brow, I too like the eyes having a black edge so I'll be doing my best in getting that onto the final faceplates.

Worse case scenario, it's something you can DIY with a Gundam black marker. I'm already having this casted, working on the mouth mod as we speak and also fully painting these down. If the black lining proves too time consuming or difficult I'll have to leave it out but for now, I'm positive I can nail it.

Hope you guys like it.

It's pretty much finalized. I'm waiting for it to dry so that I can sand it down in certain corners and get it down smooth but the general size of the gap is staying the same. Here's a picture of it as well as a comparison to the stock faceplate.

9402778379_8319e1b269_b.jpg

9405584364_0116f6ba98_c.jpg

Last edited:

Heck yeah we like it!:hi5:

Wow, the mod looked great before but this is flat out awesome looking. Great job.

if its already being casted, what are you doing about the mouth mod?
What do you mean?

I haven't started casting the first 30 because of this mod, as I stated about 2 days ago that I'm going to delay the casting for a day or two so that I can do this mouth mod.

Casting for the first batch will begin on Thursday and then it should be finished in about 4-6 weeks if we're lucky and then I can start painting + shipping them out.

I was originally going to start the production on the casting on Monday but a couple of users posted here and PM'd me asking if I would do the mouth mod so I figure I just do it so that when I do start casting, the casted faceplates will have both the eye + mouth mod.

I dont know man lol I must have read something wrong. My bad! Looks great by the way!

I dont know man lol I must have read something wrong. My bad! Looks great by the way!
Thanks! My mistake, I realized I wrote "added on" in my first post regarding the mouth mod so I understand the confusion. I meant the casted faceplates will have both mods compared to it just having the eye mod prior to me deciding to do the mouth mod .

Just wanted to say thank you for adding the mouth mod!

Looks absolutely amazing. This is how it should have looked from the get go!

NRD sent. Cautiously optimistic about this...

Question: I don't suppose you'll also be including magnets? I don't own a Mark VII yet, but I assume the faceplate stays on the head the same way as the other Marks with the addition of the little clip at the bottom?

I don't think the magnets will be an option.
Blu tack will be a far easier and cheaper solution.
I may just rip off the magnets on the stock faceplate then. If my Mark VI is anything to go by, they come off pretty easily.

Back