12" SS SW Asajj pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KitFisto said:
Yeah, rub it in LOL. Let him know if he makes more for sale I call dibbs! I REALLY want one of those. It look amazing IMO.
........sadly...for me, my one of these has got to be sold,looks, or will do when ive 'styled the fur more, like Wor gors' except ive added elbow joints......:monkey2

Last edited:
Andy Bergholtz said:
Wow, whaddaya know.... So that point can be made with tact! :)

Very well put ffl1940, and I agree... In fact, don't tell the licensor this, but I personally can't stand the prequels. :)

I love the original 3 films though, especiall the first 2... And I can't wait for more characters from those films to be released. I guess knowing that those characters are indeed in the works is what gives me an edge though, and allows me to not be as bummed out by the pace of their announcements.

Thanks Andy, I try! :D

By the way, you might have noticed my post sort of just ended, I was called away.

The other thing I was going to mention was that I do understand how Sideshow decided to market the line when it came to early film vs. later film figures. They obviously (and I think correctly) came to the conclusion that if they were going to start the Star Wars line with a mix of Premium Format figures and 12" figures they should concentrate the PF line on the earlier films. The reasoning being that, in general, the people that were the biggest fans of the earliest films would be older and (again, in general) more likely able to pay the bigger prices the PFs command. No, I'm not saying that younger people all like the more recent ones better than the first films, but just in general I'd say that if you're 30-35 or older you rate Episodes IV-VI far ahead of the prequels and if you're younger, especially under 20 you are more likely (again note I'm not saying it's for certain) but you are more likely to have enjoyed the more recent films more than older fans did and you would likely be more drawn to a 12" line of $50 "action figures" than a PF line of $250+ "statues". (again, obviously some people will collect both lines and there are always exceptions, it's just MHO what Sideshow was thinking when looking at the market as a whole).

So combine the price factor with SST not wanting to double-up on their PF/12" line by making similar figures in both scales at the same time and I can understand why they haven't made the major characters from the first films in 1/6th scale...yet. Still doesn't explain why so many secondary characters from the more recent films are being made in 1/6th scale while we have none from the first two films, but we've been over that! ;-)

All that said I'm guessing that we'll see more crossover soon (PFs of prequels characters and 12" figures from the earlier films). For instance, I'm certain that Sideshow decided long ago when they gave us the option of the Arctic Padme 1/6th figure to vote on that they had decided that if/when they make a PF Padme it'll be in the tight white outfit all the fanboys like so much (exclusive comes with torn outfit/claw marks?) this way they're not doubling up with similar 12" and PF Padme figures.

They showed the pics tonight in the podcast. It was said the pics will be on the production blog on Monday. The eyes are blank/white in the pics from what I could tell. Looked pretty good though. I am looking forward to seeing the pics on Monday. I hope she goes up for preorder soon!

Pictures in today's podcast-

aj001.gif

aj002.gif

aj003.gif

Wor-Gar said:
A guy named Mark out of Chicago. He lurks on these boards from time to time. I just talked to him a few nights ago and he was thinking about maybe getting back into it and making another Chewie or two.

For those that remember, this is mine:

GregsChewbaccaforpost5-24-06.jpg
chewieforpost.jpg

GGHanChewieforpost.jpg

Oh my god...

Thanks for the pics Roy. Like I said she looks pretty good. Doesn't seem to be much interest in this tonight.

I am really liking the way that Sideshow is handling the EU stuff. I am only really familiar with the CW cartoon and the Zahn/Thrawn novels, but this stuff looks promising. Can't wait to get some more villians in this line!

Sideshow needs to get on the ball. Where the heck are the OT figures. This is just a big mess. First the Rebel Scout who? Now her. Oh man what is this world coming to.

BadMoon said:
Sideshow needs to get on the ball. Where the heck are the OT figures. This is just a big mess. First the Rebel Scout who? Now her. Oh man what is this world coming to.

It's foreplay, man! Luke and Han are just a taste of the main event. And there are three marvelous ROTJ figures already on pre-order. Six, if you count the troopers.

I cant wait to get this one. She looks awesome so far. I just hope her clock isnt the exclusive thats kind of necessary. Maybe we will get Padme order soon too.

jason2885 said:
I cant wait to get this one. She looks awesome so far. I just hope her clock isnt the exclusive thats kind of necessary. Maybe we will get Padme order soon too.

Clock? Please explain.

Still not feeling this one.Big pass so far. I love animated CW, but the realistic thing isn't for me (as far as she goes.)

I wonder if sh'es based off someone.

Who would you like to see characters like Thrawn based on? Raul Julia would make an interesting Thrawn, as would Chris Walken.

Back