12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 12" Sideshow Henry Jones

Thought he looked great, so picked this one up. Indy needs his father with him.

Ordered. The prototype looks really nice, fingers crossed he survives the factory. I was surprised to see the grail and tablet. The fact that he comes with both is a pretty good sign that there won't be a TLC Indy.

You have to figure TLC Indy is really low on the list since he looks so similar to the Raiders version. Number one, they'd want to wait until the ROTLA version sold out, which it hasn't. Before him they'd also probably want to do Map Room Indy, torn-clothes TOD Indy, Club Obi-Wan Indy, Professor Indy, Young Indy, or even KOTCS Indy. So making us wait that long for those accessories wouldn't make sense. If anything maybe we'd get a TLC Indy in a 2-pack with a Grail Knight or Elsa someday.

Excellent figure, I think it looks great!

niiiice.... hit the preorder on the exclusive as well.... :) also glad they picked up on adding in the watch strap ( Medi missed that detail)... everything looks pretty good to me.. I imagine trying to find fabric to recreate a miniature herringbone pattern would have been impossible for the suit.. but other than that.. love it..

I really love how this sculpt captures his curmudgeonliness (is that a word?). I can practically hear "You call thish archaeology" coming from it.

I ordered it out of impulse and because I like the Grail Tablet exclusive but I'll be looking the high res images and really seeing what comes in terms of in hand shots before keeping for sure.

I have high hopes for the factory paint on this one. Sideshow has a pretty good track record with older characters, especially ones with full beards.

I love the emotion on the face, "I should have sent it to the Marx brothers."

I do too. The suit looks great, the accessories are cool, the sculpt is terrific...
(doesn't Sideshow always gets the old guys spot-on :))
...any word who did the sculpt? I ordered so fast, i didn't read all the particulars...

My only concern is...the glasses. I hope those proto pair is what we get...

But he does look really good. And that grail tablet...been while since we've seen such a "necessary" exclusive....nice.

3906_press01-001.jpg

Hot damn, that is one great looking figure SS.

Looks like maybe a new sculptor in the 1/6 arena, I don't recognize any sculptor names in the listing of those involved.

Whoever did it has the wondeful skill of capturing character as well as likeness in the portrait.

I hope he comes on the new taller Pro body. I expect it'll be the dinky one though.

maybe i'm being negative tonight, but I think this looks subpar. the beard looks generic as someone said, and imo the suit looks ill fitting. pants are much too long like both belloq and Indy and the jacket looks much too small like the belloq. IMO the Indy line despite being the harbinger of higher prices for SSC has actually been subpar over all when considering the looseness of the Indy pro body, the poor outfit on belloq, the poor face and glasses of toht, the overprice and underequip of Indy German and now a pretty generic Indy Sr with subpar clothing.

none of these figures have hit homeruns.

maybe i'm being negative tonight, but I think this looks subpar. the beard looks generic as someone said, and imo the suit looks ill fitting. pants are much too long like both belloq and Indy and the jacket looks much too small like the belloq. IMO the Indy line despite being the harbinger of higher prices for SSC has actually been subpar over all when considering the looseness of the Indy pro body, the poor outfit on belloq, the poor face and glasses of toht, the overprice and underequip of Indy German and now a pretty generic Indy Sr with subpar clothing.

none of these figures have hit homeruns.

Dont agree with everything you said, but overall the Indy line has been a big dissapointment.

Indy is a definite homerun as far as I'm concerned.
And while Belloq does have some issues, I wouldn't call him a failure. Still waiting on Toht, and Henry looks good so far....

VERY happy with how this is looking (and I wasn't excited about a Henry figure... at all).

Hopefully this will be the shot in the arm that this line sorely needs. But that's up to Sideshow. I'm still pissed that there was no SDCC Exclusive.

Back