12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He would have to be made as a Fallen Angel,plus Satan is Not a man or a Man of Faith as the line portrays...

The company that makes these is JCL Toys (Jesus Christ Loves) and they told me they want to make these figures as a way to Minister Bible stories to children/Adults...So I doubt they are wanting to add Lucifer to the mix

Ah... I get it, as an atheist the prince of darkness is the only character I would be visually interested in.Plus parents do scare their kids with the thought of hell and the devil so what better way to keep them in line than to have a 1/6 figure of lucifer on their nightstand?

Last edited:
Yeah - this is totally based on the movie The Ten Commandments. The doll is wearing exactly what Heston wore in the film.

As a believer/collector, I'm getting this as an unofficial representation of Charlton Heston from one of my favorite films; NOT as a generic representation of a Prophet so I can have an idol. I want figures of characters I'm familiar with, not someone else's personal interpretation of ancient Middle-Eastern people.

Preachy Biblical action figures? Kind of... unusual. (Unlicensed) Figures based on classic Hollywood epics? Long overdue.

OhmyGAWD!!!! Cool!!! Bought!!!

Will go very nicely with my modified prince of Egypt Moses!!!

Sweet!
Thanks for the link!!

Wow, this guy looks pretty cool. I can really use this guy to represent in my American Civil War collection.

Hopefully he'll arrive in time for passover?!?

What was someone saying about "just Christians?!?"

Psaw!!!!

Noteworthy people who've played Jesus that they could use as the sculpt...

Max Von Sydow
William Dafoe
Christian Bale
Jim Caviezel

I'd buy it with any of these heads as the sculpt.

My pick would be Jeffery Hunter.

Thou shalt stay ignorant, trust not your own wisdom, give it up to God, and let Jesus take the wheel. And your money.

Oh, and nice figure.

Mikey,

That's an outside view slanted because of men like Robert Tilton and others who have been nothing more than "faith" peddling cash bandits.

Christianity isn't about staying ignorant and throwing your money away. It's about the ultimate Love of God.

My pick would be Jeffery Hunter.

I agree. While King of Kings isn't anywhere near as good as The Ten Commandments or Ben Hur, I like Hunter's portrayal. Maybe not the most accurate-looking Christ, but charismatic and determined. I would really like H.B. Warner from the 1927 silent version, but he might be too obscure for modern collectors.

pk_jesus15-kings_ho.jpg

If they were gonna continue with the Ten Commandments route, I'd love a John Carradine-inspired Aaron and John Derek Joshua. A decked out Brynner Rameses is a grail. And just because it made me LOL:

34f9a6da23moses1.jpg.jpg

I think if it were a better Heston likeness, I'd pick it up. It's about 85% there, however.

I'm curious to see which Hollywood Jesus they pick, if they actually pick one. I think I'm in the Jeffrey Hunter camp.

A Short haired Jesus works for me...Jeffery Hunter or Max Von Sydow

I'd imagine they will go with the longer hair version though. It's something most people identify with. Not saying it's factually accurate ( the long straight hair and blue eyes ), but it's just the image most people are used to so it would probably sell better.

I'd imagine they will go with the longer hair version though. It's something most people identify with. Not saying it's factually accurate ( the long straight hair and blue eyes ), but it's just the image most people are used to so it would probably sell better.

problem is...the long hair Jesus is the Anti-Christ...Jesus did not have long hair...and while the MAINSTREAM portrays Jesus with long hair, it does not mean he had long hair

I Corinthians 11:14
"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

If Jesus had long hair,that makes him a Hyppocrite and a liar?..Jesus absolutely did NOT have long hair

"Men of Faith" Seriously?

They do not even pretend to care about women's contributions to religion with a label like that. Stay classy, patriarchy. :moon

EDIT: By the way, witnessing two literate adults in a modern society arguing about whether or not Jesus had long hair...c'est magnifique!

Last edited:
Back