12" McFarlane Halo Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan1982

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been posting more of my progress over at OSW. For those that havent seen it over there. Here are a few pics of the progress. Basically just dremeled out the McFarlane Halo armor and transferred and painted it to a slightly modified Dragon body.

OSW link
https://onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84491

haloWIP019.jpg

haloWIP022.jpg

haloWIP024.jpg

haloWIP031.jpg

haloWIP034.jpg

haloWIP035.jpg

halo001.jpg

halo004.jpg

halo006.jpg

halo008.jpg

that is phenomenal work!!! does the visor need to be gold more so than silver though?

take some pics in some cool poses. would love to see that.

that just kicks all kind of ass ryan...........great work.

Thanks guys! My dremel got a lot of work on this one:D
Reinhardt- the visor is supposed to be a very reflective gold. I dont have any gold so I just went with the silver. Think it looks good but will probably paint it gold once I get the chance to get some paint.
Thanks again!

Nice work... although I can't imagine how long it took you? I spent hours just dremmeling out the armor on the NECA Leonidas... but you had a lot more to do :rock

It did take quite some time dremeling. Not really sure how many hours. Took me about two weeks to get to the point that Im at now. Worked a little on it each day. I used a high speed screw gun/ hand drill with various drill bits that have little "teeth" all over them. Really made the process go by a little quicker. Just a lot of "elbow grease": I guess.

Thanks TOE and Metaphorge!
It came with the rifle and the grenade. Probably going to repaint them both though. I'll post some more pics after I make a couple more adjustments. Not sure yet if Im going to add any weathering as well:confused:

That is amazing and a genius idea! A lot of props to you for that. I definately think you should get the correct reflective gold paint and paint his visor gold, he ain't the chief without that. Also if you are going for accuracy I would say that the armor is a bit too much on the olive side and would need to be a bit darker and greener. Great job nonetheless!

Thanks to all. Thanks again mrhatrulez for the body suit:D
I know about the armor color being "off"... wasnt really going for the Master Chief look exactly. I liked the color that Callous used on his Master Chief and went with something similar. The visor will be fixed for sure though.. I just painted it silver for the sake of taking a couple of pics.

Thanks Yodee.
Repainted the visor gold using Vallejo.
Beginning to weather him a little with some touches of silver here and there.
halowip001.jpg

halowip002-1.jpg

halowip003-1.jpg

halowip004-1.jpg

Back