12" lotr line on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the line didn't sell as well as expected because:

1) Line moved WAY too slow to keep interest.

2) Paint application and coloring were substandard.

3) Tailoring was weak in some areas.

But I must say the accessories were very cool.

If Sideshow doesn't want to deal with the license, they should offer it to Hot Toys. They are capable of making figures look so good, they will draw people in who haven't seen LOTR...even asians!

1) True

2) uh...false, but while your opinion is biased, you're entitled to it.

3) The tailoring for the LOTR line was some of the best I've ever seen in just about ANY scale, let alone 1:6. To say anything but is sacrilege.

Believe it or not, HotToys actually blows in several categories. 1st being the price. Now let's look at the TrueType, the base for most of their products. The booty is too big, the gape between neck and chest is something even Hasbro overcame, the constant shrugging-look of their body comes across quite ridiculous for most non-military figures. Getting any type of realistic aiming pose out of the TrueType without the hands popping off is a lesson in Frustration. Their reuse of headsculpts is notorious (an area sideshow at least hasn't gone). Their muscle bodies are useless for most anything but doing a "hail Hitler" stance, etc., etc... So enough of the "HotToys is God" propaganda bro. We get it. You're HT biased.

1) True

2) uh...false, but while your opinion is biased, you're entitled to it.

3) The tailoring for the LOTR line was some of the best I've ever seen in just about ANY scale, let alone 1:6. To say anything but is sacrilege.

Believe it or not, HotToys actually blows in several categories. 1st being the price. Now let's look at the TrueType, the base for most of their products. The booty is too big, the gape between neck and chest is something even Hasbro overcame, the constant shrugging-look of their body comes across quite ridiculous for most non-military figures. Getting any type of realistic aiming pose out of the TrueType without the hands popping off is a lesson in Frustration. Their reuse of headsculpts is notorious (an area sideshow at least hasn't gone). Their muscle bodies are useless for most anything but doing a "hail Hitler" stance, etc., etc... So enough of the "HotToys is God" propaganda bro. We get it. You're HT biased.

I don't hold allegiance to any company. I buy what looks good to me. I am certainly not looking for problems in Sideshow products and ignoring those in Hot Toys.

:google

I had been debating weather or not to put you on ignore, but after that clearly delusional analysis of Hot Toys I am convinced your posts are nonsense.

Thnx

:wave.....on ignore

I don't hold allegiance to any company. I buy what looks good to me. I am certainly not looking for problems in Sideshow products and ignoring those in Hot Toys.

From your posts, sure seems like you do. "Sideshow should let Hot Toys do the droids" or "Sideshow's Darth Vader has poor tailoring, the seams are exposed" or "Can you actually name a good paint job Sideshow did?" Despite all those aforementioned issues, HotToys' TrueType is one of the best bodies on the market if not arguably the best. But is it the 2nd coming of Christ? No, and neither is HotToys.

From your posts, sure seems like you do. "Sideshow should let Hot Toys do the droids" or "Sideshow's Darth Vader has poor tailoring, the seams are exposed" or "Can you actually name a good paint job Sideshow did?" Despite all those aforementioned issues, HotToys' TrueType is one of the best bodies on the market if not arguably the best. But is it the 2nd coming of Christ? No, and neither is HotToys.

And from your posts, it seems like you really like defending Sideshow. I'm not sure you're in a position to call someone out for something like that.

And from your posts, it seems like you really like defending Sideshow. I'm not sure you're in a position to call someone out for something like that.

Yeah, must've been sticking up for Sideshow over Yavin Luke, right? Or Padme? Must've been doing that in the TDK thread too, right? Or on the Hasbro droids issue? :rolleyes: Let me know when you're done posturing.

Don't ask me, I lost interest in TDK a while ago. I'm just saying that in all the threads I read you really give the impression that you think Sideshow can do no wrong, to the extent that you insult anyone who has any kind of complaint or issue.

No Rapture yet.

Then how is it? People were saying the same thing about the Prometheus, now they're whining because the elbows can't touch the ribs.

Don't ask me, I lost interest in TDK a while ago. I'm just saying that in all the threads I read you really give the impression that you think Sideshow can do no wrong, to the extent that you insult anyone who has any kind of complaint or issue.

Sideshow doesn't get it right 100% of the time and I never said they do. I just don't choose to slit my wrists over a bronze button over a storm flap or a mispainted eyelash. And, I haven't insulted you yet... :lol

No Rapture yet.

Only about 2-3 more weeks and some of us with have our Buck Rogers figures. :banana

And, I'll admit it right here and now: I'm biased towards Hot Toys... because I see them making the best mass market 1:6 products out there, bar none. And no one raises the bar in engineering and pushes the 1:6 envelope like they do. And, hell, most at Sideshow themselves would probably agree.

I think Sideshow is 2nd now (thanks to Medicom sucking the nut lately), but quite distantly so. So, sue me.

Nothing wrong with prefering one over the other. I prefer SS items overall. I think they make the best stuff with Hot Toys making some very kick ass figures. I buy what I like and if you don't like what I have to say well thats your problem not mine. :) Thats my stance from now on.

LOL

I buy Medicom Hot Toys and SS, I'm the most rebellious ^^^^^ round LOL. Do i have my opinions on which of the 3 are best and which one is last? Ya bet it do. Do i give a ^^^^ about what others think of the product i buy?

:idea

Last edited:
LOL

I buy Medicom Hot Toys and SS, I'm the most rebellious ^^^^^ round LOL. Do i have my opinions on which of the 3 are best and which one is last? Ya bet it do. Do i give a ^^^^ about what others think of the product it buy?

:idea

:rock That's the best attitude to have. I personally collect 1:6 figures from all 3 companies (and many more) and I want nothing but the best products from ALL of them. I'm really rooting for Medicom to start making a comeback (their Indy and Jack Shephard figures really take the loss), because they have done some cool stuff and still hold some good licenses. :duff

Back