12" John Wayne Calvary Officer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne.jpg

Great photo Amarcord. I think I'm going to get a few of these figures. I've seen him as low as $44. I will also have to get new trousers that are more realistic. I've never seen Battle Gear's, or Dog Soldiers version of Calvary trousers. Is there any one out there that can help out with which version to get. I know BG has Civil War Calvary trousers but they look a little too pale, but that could also be the photo. I'd really appreciate any feedback with suggestions, thanks.

Great info Doomhammer. Those BG trousers look great. I may have to get some BG and dog soldier trousers and see first hand. That kitbash looks great and had some nice critiques. I know that after the Civil War the uniform didn't change much for the Indian wars because the government had already spent millions on the CW. This info was very helpful for me. Thanks again.

What's the story on that jacket. It looks fantastic!

That was the exclusive version. Some people complained about it, but I didn't mind it. Others have said the the Last Stand Custer had a better jacket and were bummed by this version. Unfortunately I missed out on the first Custer so I wouldn't know better.

That was the exclusive version. Some people complained about it, but I didn't mind it. Others have said the the Last Stand Custer had a better jacket and were bummed by this version. Unfortunately I missed out on the first Custer so I wouldn't know better.

That's way nicer than the exclusive.

34071_press01-001.jpg

It's either been altered, or replaced.

Only has been altered.

I patiently opened up the little pieces on the edges with a scissor.
Didn't expect much, but now it looks better.

Just be very careful because it is a very fragile fabric.

So my beloved Jan has turned into a customiser :)
Good job on that jacket buddy, it takes some guts to do that to an exclusive accessory. Definitely looks a lot better.

Only has been altered.

I patiently opened up the little pieces on the edges with a scissor.
Didn't expect much, but now it looks better.

Just be very careful because it is a very fragile fabric.

Doomhammer, I agree. Great job Amacord. It looks a whole lot better. I will have to try that. Is this fabric different from the Last Stand Custer jacket? The material does seem very soft and fragile.

Doomhammer, I agree. Great job Amacord. It looks a whole lot better. I will have to try that. Is this fabric different from the Last Stand Custer jacket? The material does seem very soft and fragile.

Believe me, if I can do it, you can do it :)

I also didn't like the look of it when it came fresh out of the box, but wanted the figure with the jacket on.
Must say the sculpt and paint really is Sideshow at their best.

So I cut the fringles a little shorter. By doing this I noticed that the threads which are woven in cross direction came a litle loose, so I tried carefully to pull them out.
Nothing more.

If you are not certain how to do it, please don't, I don't want your figures ruined. Remember the fabric is very fragile and the jacket is what made this version exclusive, so a replacement will not be easy to find.

Thanks Amarcord.

I think I may get three more calvary officers, and change the sculpts so they're different, and change the trousers to regular calvary soldiers. So I'll have one John Wayne NCO and three troopers.

I have some questions from the historical kitbashers out there and would love your help.

I am going to be buying from Auggie at BGT and was going to get 3 regular calvary trousers, 1 NCO calvary trousers. I really like his calvary bugler jacket. Would this jacket be the same issue for 1860's to late 1870's? I would also like to put a rank on my NCO. What rank make an NCO? Anything higher than a captain? Are the rank insignias easy to apply? Is there anything else unique from BGT's that would apply to this era? I'm manly looking to make uniforms that are post CW and apply to the Indian Wars.

I do have a slouch hat from Dog Soldier and may get another.

Thanks a bunch. :D

My father-in-law is a huge John Wayne western fan. I'll have to tag this for some future reading.

Back