12 Days of Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not just Star Wars PF, what about the Avengers characters they could be doing. We're lucky to get anything these days.
They seem to want to focus on comic book pieces, which I don't collect, I'm movies only.

The whole thing has been lame

Yeah agreed.

Most of the pieces are disappointing Marvel/DC pieces. The 1/4 license is wasted with this company.

The piece they teased yesterday, even though was just concept art, is ****ing hilarious.

In 12 years of these I just remember Jango Fett and Snowtropper PF getting shown.. I could have forgot one or two. So Star Wars PF don't show up much on these. Now that SSC doesn't like Star Wars much anymore I figured wouldn't have one shown

I rarely post here, but confess that I frequently follow (lurk) the Star Wars forums. Really enjoy seeing what’s out there and people’s takes on it all. My collection is modest at best. That being said, I have more disposable income for this hobby than I ever have - yet the collection stays small. I would say it’s in large part due to the lack of offerings by Sideshow (and the quality of the ones that have been released). To be honest, even though the prices are laughable nowadays, if they released quality (which includes statue poses) and desirable characters I really think people would buy - I can say that I would.

So, my question is this: has Sideshow ever addressed the change in approach related to Star Wars? I have a hard time believing there is a drop in interest. Star Wars has such a strong fan base, I just don’t see this hobby falling off so hard. Maybe a good comparison would be Lord of the Rings and Weta. With those movies approaching a 20 year anniversary, Weta continues to offer a great selection of collectibles. It also seems like they legitimately listen to what their customers want made. Is it even worth expressing these thoughts to Sideshow, or can I expect them to fall on deaf ears?

Sorry for the rant here, but wanted to chime in. Love this forum and the conversations you guys have! Really helps me with my collecting!

I honestly don't think there is a drop of interest in Star Wars collectibles, its just that SS has offered some real pathetic offerings lately and most are rehashes, where a lot of collectors are still waiting for characters such as Tie Pilot, EP3 Kenobi, Lando, Qui-Gon Jinn, Thrawn, Ahsoka etc etc. Most would welcome rehashes of all characters if they're a huge improvement over the old one, but so far they haven't. Their new Ben Kenobi looks like Norman Reedus for christs sake.

A Bespin Luke should be able to sell out, but with the price, the awful tip toe pose and mediocre face sculpt, people aren't going to shell out all that cash. I was all in for a Stormtrooper PF, but the armor shrinkage isn't accurate so why am I gonna shell out $500+ for a statue that isn't even accurate?

SS the last several years have come up with disappointment after disappointment, not just in Star Wars either, their own "SS inspired" Marvel and DC costumes are usually hated by collectors. Our complaints appear to fall on deaf ears unfortunately.

This is probably the most boring 12 days of SS ever. It’s been pretty much all comic items. Not even movie ones accept avengers assemble. Yawn. Guess I’ll see what comic con brings when I go this year.

This forum is back to being a ghost town...so what are our chances of something being teased..revealed at Celebration?

Bueller?

This forum is back to being a ghost town...so what are our chances of something being teased..revealed at Celebration?

Bueller?

Depends how well these things are selling. Sometimes I hear Star Wars 1:4 scale are still selling well for Sideshow and sometimes I hear that they're selling awful. No clue what to believe.

What 1/4 scale do we want to see next? The main characters are all done now right? The only main character I can think of would be Lando from ESB. Would anyone be interested in that?

Lando ESB would be amazing! But i have no hope for an character that was never released from Sideshow.

What 1/4 scale do we want to see next? The main characters are all done now right? The only main character I can think of would be Lando from ESB. Would anyone be interested in that?

I think were still missing a ton, EP3 Kenobi, Lando, Qui-Gon Jinn, Padme all come to mind.

Even a few older pieces could be redone and of course go into the comics, Clone Wars and Rebels.

Back