12" C-3PO Masterpiece Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So,
I'm lookingfor a nice 12" 3PO while Sideshow or Medicom decides to release theirs, and eventhough I already own a Hasbro electronic one, I remebered this one

3po_masterpiece.jpg

Does anybody own it?
Is it the same as Hasbro?
or is it a completely new sculpt?
Does it fit with SS or Medicom stuff?

Lots and lots of questions!!

c3po.gif

I just got this one last week. I have only opened it to make sure everything was there. I have not seen the hasbro one. If it is exactly like the hasbro electronic TC-14, then I could tell you the differences. I'm currently changing my room around and will use this 3PO for the Jabba setup. I will say that this version has a blast mark on it and some spots that are supposed to be blast residue. Must be when he got blasted by the Stormtroopers on Cloud City. I'll post more when I get him setup.

I don't own it, but Hasbro made the Masterpiece figures, they also did the Anakin Skywalker.

I've had him since he came out and this prolly on the second time out of the box, he is ok, toyish and has a decal of a chest blast and some black specks that i guess is to represent weathering. Doen't stand well.

DSC_0548.JPG

DSC_0549.jpg

It's the exact same one. I just sold my electronic droid 2 pack about a year ago. The paint work is a bit nicer (deep heavy washes and no decal), and he has the silver leg to. He didn't stand very well either. There was also a regular clean version that was sold individually.

C-3PO is one of my dream figures. Hasbros Astro droids are excellent and very well scaled, but the protocals leave a bit to be desired. Are his arms long or is it just me?

The Hasbro 12" C-3PO is pretty decent. I own the individual gatefold packaged one and is one of Hasbros better figures in the time they had the 12" license.

After I acquired Sideshow's Old Ben in my comic shop, I needed something to display with it. I still have my '90's Hasbro 12"er's boxed up in the basement. I realized after sigting through everything that I still had 3PO still unopened, so I craxked open the package for the first time in a decade and have it diplayed next to Old Ben until Sideshow comes out with their version of the droid.

I've actually wondered how Sideshow would tackle C-3PO. Will he have articulated arms, or will he maybe come with a couple of fixed arms. I could see that thin piston being a real pain to engineer in 1/6... and even if it worked being pretty fragile.

I've actually wondered how Sideshow would tackle C-3PO. Will he have articulated arms, or will he maybe come with a couple of fixed arms. I could see that thin piston being a real pain to engineer in 1/6... and even if it worked being pretty fragile.

I believe everything you speak of could be accomplished with the assistance of Hot Toys. HT managed working, small, fragile pistons onto their Endoskeleton. Similar work could accomplish C-3PO. As much as he's work to make, they've got at least 3 representations they could get out of the molds so it'd be worth it. Make him ROTS brand new, AOTC all rusty and in progress and an OT worn looking one. I'd probably get at least AOTC and OT, probably ROTS too.

is this the same 3PO that came with a book and had the net backpack that chewbacca carried his pieces around in ESB? cuz i had this once. i thinks in storage somewhere.

I've been using a C-3PO Gentle Giant statue with my Jabba setup, he blends in perfectly, pretty close to being the right scale as well.

Is it just me or does he look out of proportion?

He has the look of a VCD, but not to that extreme...

Back