12" C-3PO Masterpiece Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12deathstardroid_fr1.jpg

That would make an incredible figure. Maybe the fact that he's part of the original 12 will increase his odds.

I believe everything you speak of could be accomplished with the assistance of Hot Toys. HT managed working, small, fragile pistons onto their Endoskeleton. Similar work could accomplish C-3PO. As much as he's work to make, they've got at least 3 representations they could get out of the molds so it'd be worth it. Make him ROTS brand new, AOTC all rusty and in progress and an OT worn looking one. I'd probably get at least AOTC and OT, probably ROTS too.

I had though about that (HT involvement), but are any of the the pistons on the Endo as small as C-3PO' arm pistons? Also, they are an odd angle to them that I think would add a lot of stress... to work and not snap they'd probably have to be metal.

I do hope the reusability of the sculpt will help increase chances of seeing him and R2.

I had though about that (HT involvement), but are any of the the pistons on the Endo as small as C-3PO' arm pistons? Also, they are an odd angle to them that I think would add a lot of stress... to work and not snap they'd probably have to be metal.

I do hope the reusability of the sculpt will help increase chances of seeing him and R2.

Some of the pistons are about the same size or smaller I'd say. This is guessing of course without being able to see a true 1/6 3PO to compare to. I think it's doable. Would it be fragile, sure, but so is the Endo. Handle with care and you'd be fine. Plus, I don't imagine most folks would pose 3PO's arms outside of the shoulder joint, he doesn't often move his elbows in the films.

Some of the pistons are about the same size or smaller I'd say. This is guessing of course without being able to see a true 1/6 3PO to compare to. I think it's doable. Would it be fragile, sure, but so is the Endo. Handle with care and you'd be fine. Plus, I don't imagine most folks would pose 3PO's arms outside of the shoulder joint, he doesn't often move his elbows in the films.

I was watching the films the other day and its actually hard to tell if he ever really bend his arms when its the suit... I was wondering if they actually articulated on film.

The chest/torso piece is different on the Death Star droid. Same goes for 4-Lom. Although I really wouldn't mind both!

12deathstardroid_fr1.jpg

I have the Death Star Droid and it's ok, also have R2 and it is great. I'd like to see SS making a droid line...

looks like a nice family portrait.:lol

Does the Collector Series C-3PO have any wear on him? I'm looking for one to use as a ROTS 3PO, and this looks to be the one, since both legs are gold. But I'd want him to look like he's in perfect brand-new condition, not have the wear that the Masterpiece and R2 Two-pack ones came with.

Is he as shiny as the Masterpiece one or duller?

Back