12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished my Amon Hen Aragorn last week. Feels good to finally do a LotR custom after several years!

Some of the bigger changes include:
- Hot Toys Viggo headsculpt
- DiD Aragorn knife with custom detailing
- Sleeves for the shirt, which was color-corrected and includes accurate stitching around the neck, "embroidery" at the shoulders, plus cords near the wrists
- Jerkin was weathered and the collar was altered so you can actually see the shirt and Evenstar
- remade the belt from stronger material so the weapons stay up

I debated over how beat up he should be, but just went with light dirt so he wasn't too scene-specific.

Finished my Amon Hen Aragorn last week. Feels good to finally do a LotR custom after several years!

Some of the bigger changes include:
- Hot Toys Viggo headsculpt
- DiD Aragorn knife with custom detailing
- Sleeves for the shirt, which was color-corrected and includes accurate stitching around the neck, "embroidery" at the shoulders, plus cords near the wrists
- Jerkin was weathered and the collar was altered so you can actually see the shirt and Evenstar
- remade the belt from stronger material so the weapons stay up

I debated over how beat up he should be, but just went with light dirt so he wasn't too scene-specific.

Very good job!!!

After the HS repaint, I went ahead and weathered up the rest of the figure. I improved a few things as well--like fitting the belt w/ a working metal buckle and making some alterations (slimming the waist and sleeves on the jacket as well as the waist on the jerkin).
Also cut my teeth on the sewing machine w/ the cloak--talk about a pain in the ass. But the old lady said I did a fantastic job, considering it was my first time--:naughty.
I am now gathering some reference and materials to do a small forest scene for the figure.

355815375.jpg

355815385.jpg

355815432.jpg

355815413.jpg

355815456.jpg

355815363.jpg

355815400.jpg

I think you should start over and send that to me. Killer work on the weathering and the cloak. The mods to the clothes and the metal buckle, though subtle, really make this figure stand out. Great work mate.
Been keeping an eye out for a good deal on Aragorn, no luck just yet; When I do get one I will be stealing your ideas on the buckle and doing similar mods to the clothes.

Thanks, moxie :)
The buckle ws actually pretty easy. My wife is an avid artist herself, hand-making jewelry w/ fine stones, beads and wire so I always have a nice supply of material for my own creations ;). I used a strand of some 18 gauge silver wire for the buckle/tongue. I also flattened some for the piece on the end of the belt.
After I finish the whole project I will post more pics of the finer details.

Looking forward to the detail pics. Thanks for the info on the buckle and wire used. Nice to have a companion that is supportive and creative to work with. Will have to play with some wire and see what I come up with.

Thanks, Alex. Glad you dig him :)
I was worried about the cloak tattering at one point. I thought maybe I "moth-holed" it a touch much, but after the weathering went down it actually looked fine. It does, of course like most cases, look a hell of a lot better in person than in the pics.
Curse you, 7MP camera!!

Question:

I am working on a ROTK Aragorn, and would love to give him Anduril. Suggestions? Toy-biz? Or would the Noble collection letter opener replica be okay scale-wise? I know the letter openers are 1/7 scale, but I seem to recall Anduril is pretty oversized anyway. Thoughts?

Pics are forthcoming.

Question:

I am working on a ROTK Aragorn, and would love to give him Anduril. Suggestions? Toy-biz? Or would the Noble collection letter opener replica be okay scale-wise? I know the letter openers are 1/7 scale, but I seem to recall Anduril is pretty oversized anyway. Thoughts?

Pics are forthcoming.

wow, i can't wait to see it. you might be able to get away with a 1/7 Anduril. It was a bigger sword then his normal one.

wow, i can't wait to see it. you might be able to get away with a 1/7 Anduril. It was a bigger sword then his normal one.

I found the pics of someone's Aragorn with Anduril. Looks pretty good, thought the blade is a bit thick. I might pick it up when I have the spare $$. For now, I guess it's fine as an ROTk pt1 Aragorn. Pics soon.

I found the pics of someone's Aragorn with Anduril. Looks pretty good, thought the blade is a bit thick. I might pick it up when I have the spare $$. For now, I guess it's fine as an ROTk pt1 Aragorn. Pics soon.

Do you still have the link? I'd like to see it. Thanks!

Post pics when you're done!

Back