12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything from the repaint to the weathering on the overcoat is spot on. Another outstanding piece of work! At least you can procure another figure and do the same again post honeymoon, no?

:bow thanks guys. (and Karaduin... I'll probably do that. Although with so many figures coming out, and so many ideas in my head I have no way of knowing if I'll do exactly the same figures again! ...I probably will though, I do love these pieces) :eek:

Sorry to necro this thread but I've been 1:6 scale accessory shopping to try and kitbash Aragorn into how he appears at Amon-Hen / Two Towers. I have an ex Boromir on the way from a fellow freak to get the bracers and elven cloak - but in the meantime I bought this DiD elven knife from a cool little eBay seller... and I'm not so sure about it... the scale I mean

More of a machete than a 'knife'?

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

:confused: Apart from the rather apt Croc Dundee joke pic is no-one interested in LotR 1:6 anymore? :monkey4 Or is it cos I necro-ed? How old does something have to get to be considered necro?

Fine... I'll just have to talk to myself.

Hey Karaduin, thats not a bad elven knife but you're right the scale is kinda off... too big.

Hmmm, not so sure. If you look at the scene where Aragorn crosses blades with Eowyn in TTT before they leave for Helms Deep... the knife does actually look that big.

The blade itself is too wide... and its missing the elven runic engravings.

Darn... will have to try the one that comes with ToyBiz's Roto Helms Deep Aragorn. Watch this space! I know you are all dying to see the outcome! This must be worse than waiting for TDK to come out!

Of course I jest... but I'm sadly coming around to the fact that this line might be falling into Shadow.

:lightnin
:monkey2 :orthanc

Yeah, I personally think that additions to the picture threads are always welcome. As for the knife, it looks bigger than the one on the exclusive Aragorn PF, but I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Nice to see another custom Aragorn in the works this figure can look great if u give it a bit of work.

Just noticed i never put pics of mine in this thread.
The head is a repaint by darren witch realy brings the sculpt out and the body is a hot toys one and the outfit has been aged and tailored to fit the body how it is in the film.

Here is aragorn as he looked at Edaras (no clue on the spelling of that) before helms deep.

And another of how he looks towards the beginning of TTT

I have done a few more things to him witch i will put up soon

Just paid for Aragorn and Legolas from Pixeltwin, Going to be transplanting the pair of them onto some extra hot toys trutypes for better posing :) I've heard some mention that the boots on aragorn are a pain to remove, anything special I need to do besides the normal Boil and pop method? Also, where is veryone getting the metal 1/6 narsil from?

Just paid for Aragorn and Legolas from Pixeltwin, Going to be transplanting the pair of them onto some extra hot toys trutypes for better posing :) I've heard some mention that the boots on aragorn are a pain to remove, anything special I need to do besides the normal Boil and pop method? Also, where is veryone getting the metal 1/6 narsil from?

The 1/6 Narsil is a letter opener from United Cutlery I beleive.

I would love a new Aragorn repaint head from Darren, and a Faramir too, but he has more pressing things at the moment to keep him occupied. :)

Thanks for the comments guys, darren realy is the master at painting heads.

The aragorn boots are fine to get off but are a pain in the a$$ to get on true type feet. I the end i left the feet off and just sanded and cut down the calfs as the boots are ment for the crapy buck.
let me know if you need any more tipe as mine is on a true type and btw the SS hands fit on the new hot toys wrist posts.

The boots are really hard to get on and off even Buck feet. Even after putting them in boiling water, I had a hell of a time. The worst ever with any figure, actually.

If you have a hair drier, I think they work better than the boiling water. You can re-heat the boots while they are partially on the figure to help get them on.

Of course, I have not yet tried the true-type...I do have one coming. Do the SS feet work on the TT as well?

By the way, the "hair drier" that I use is an industrial heat gun. Very similar, but much stronger, And I paid less than 20.00 for it at Harbor Freight Tools.

so I've got Aragorn redressed on a hot toys body, i got the hot toys feet into the boots with no problem, But I'm having loads of issues getting his legs to fit down inside the boots. I can make it fit just fine naked, but it's a VERY TIGHT FIT. as sich It's nigh-impossible to get his leg and Pantsleg into the boots. any suggestions on mking it better? i soaked them several times trying to get it to go to no avail.. i think i'll try a hairdryer later....

Back