12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! :) and he weathered him too. That was my big splurge back in the day and I don't regret it at all.

Looks a lot better in person or with a better camera. It's not a bad sculpt but the original paint job and the glossy hair can hide that fact.

Yup! :) and he weathered him too. That was my big splurge back in the day and I don't regret it at all.

Looks a lot better in person or with a better camera. It's not a bad sculpt but the original paint job and the glossy hair can hide that fact.

:gah: I am so envy, the darren carnall aragorn is amazing...it is the same of the sideshow prototype...maybe better...good shot on it doug..:clap

Here he is on the headplay body. Had to do a bunch of stuff to his neck post, and ended up using the SS neck post. I like the fitting of the clothes because of the tissue I wrapped underneath it all, but he looks a bit fat lmao so all i have to do now is remove some tissue and maybe repaint the chest area so it matches his neck. Thanks to all that helped.

Looks pretty good. I am just too afraid to mess up any of the clothing to try a body swap. If one of the new lines comes out with better boots I'll be doing one for sure.

My aragorn is standard SS everything except the drawn sword (can't remember if it's Narsil or Andruil pretty sure it is Narsil lol). I also have the eleven knife but that is with the other Aragorn with the vembraces. A good paint job and some heating and tweaking with the hair makes Aragorn a lot better. The Gimli back there is straight Toy Biz with a SS cloak and roto cast weapons.

Thanks, and yea I heard that asmus got the lotr license, and I hope they do a good job. I tried buying someone's Darren Carnell's sculpt, but the price was way too high for me, so I decided to repaint it on my own and I really like the way it turned out. Do both your aragorns have the same sculpt? You should post pics of the one with vambraces, which are also like impossible to find lol.

Thanks, and yea I heard that asmus got the lotr license, and I hope they do a good job. I tried buying someone's Darren Carnell's sculpt, but the price was way too high for me, so I decided to repaint it on my own and I really like the way it turned out. Do both your aragorns have the same sculpt? You should post pics of the one with vambraces, which are also like impossible to find lol.

Same sculpt but no repaint :(

Yeah I want that Legolas sculpt but the prices are too high for me too. At the time I did Aragorn Daren was not too expensive. I shipped him my whole figure and wait for about 3 months worry the whole time that I would be forgotten but I wasn't.

I used the vembraces from an extra Boromir. Due to people unloading them and lotr being my first and biggest love as a collector/reader I ended up buying a decent amount of extras for dirt cheap. I have 2 each of Gandalf, Faramir and Legolas and I think 3 of Boromir, Aragorn and the Hobbits. My wife is not too thrilled about 3 golbin heads floating around the house. :rotfl

Lol! All I have is legolas gimli and aragorn. I am a big fan, but I don't have enough of room, I want my collection to have variety lol so I got my 3 favorite characters.

Ha. At first I tried to keep it lotr only and then it ballooned to all kinds of stuff and then I sold most of it off and now have maybe one or two pieces from my very favorite lines with lotr still being the one exception.

A couple of crappy pics, of my Aragorn. (Well not, just Aragorn, hehe)

971191_388339467941688_1608928197_n.jpg

226711_388339464608355_2077239253_n.jpg

Very excited about this. My absolute favorite piece. Since this pic was taken a weathered elven cloak was added. I'll be finishing it off with some Boromir vembraces and a custom stand.

[/B]

Last edited:
WOW! Looks awesome. Is it on the standard SS body or is it upgraded? I want to upgrade mine but I am afraid of ruining the outfit by swapping it.

WOW! Looks awesome. Is it on the standard SS body or is it upgraded? I want to upgrade mine but I am afraid of ruining the outfit by swapping it.

Thanks! I'm honestly not sure which body was used. The neck is a part of the body, not the sculpt.

I agree..That along with the re-positioning of the bangs, and dremeling the head out to put on a body with sculpted neck. Total transformation.

Back