12" Aragorn Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darklord Dave said:
People cancelling this now are going to be SO sorry about it in about 2 weeks. I guarantee it.

Somehow, I don't think this will be the case but I have been wrong before but if he looks anything like the pics, which none of the figs thus far have differed...I don't think so. Maybe if the price skyrocket on eBay or something...but that's not why I collect 12" action-figures..

Cheers,

Brad

Buttmunch said:
How so? I don't see why Premium Formats should be able to get better treatment than the 1:6 figures. They should put equal efforts into them.
Premium formats have smaller runs, larger materials that I assume would be easier to work with and a larger price tag that I would again assume allows them a larger production budget. It's like expecting a hot dog to be as good as a porterhouse steak.

Even if they looked exactly like the prototypes, I would have cancelled the 12" line anyway so that I could afford to keep my PF Lurtz. I prefer the PF line and don't regret my decision. It would be nice if I had the money and space for everything, but I just don't.

:monkey2

However, we really can't compare the quality and detail of Aragorn to Lurtz--they are completely different formats. You can't expect a 12" figure to have the same degree of detail as a 1/4 scale figure. Beyond the price difference, the materials are just that much smaller and harder to work with in a realistic manner. Be upset that he doesn't look as nice as the prototype if you want, but let's not be upset that he doesn't look as good as Lurtz. I think it's just unfortunate timing that they are coming out at the same time, with one looking almost exactly like the prototype and one falling a bit short.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Premium formats have smaller runs, larger materials that I assume would be easier to work with and a larger price tag that I would again assume allows them a larger production budget. It's like expecting a hot dog to be as good as a porterhouse steak.

Well . . .this is the case of a larger run, with smaller material needed, which amounts to be the same. Budget is budget. I factored the increase in price for a weathered leather. I want weathered leather! (we won't go into the face for the sake of example).

Besides, in Lurtz PF, I paid through the nose on that one, and I clamored for leather knowing full well that the proto did not have it. And, by jove, SS delivered! And we were blessed with weathered leather.

Again, one cannot use the price difference as an example. The bar was set, unfortunately.

Well made the choice today to leave my LOTR future in fates hands. I had the regular edition of Aragorn on pre-order and today I canceled it. Although I am on the exc. waitlist. I'm just gonna wait and see if it converts. If it does than I will give it a try and see if I want to keep him or not. If it doesnt convert than its not my fate to collect LOtR 12" figures. Its in the hands of fate now!

And just for the hell of it heres some Kurgan for ya, from the Galacti Boy...

kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif
kurganiconani.gif

King Darkness said:
Well made the choice today to leave my LOTR future in fates hands. I had the regular edition of Aragorn on pre-order and today I canceled it. Although I am on the exc. waitlist. I'm just gonna wait and see if it converts. If it does than I will give it a try and see if I want to keep him or not. If it doesnt convert than its not my fate to collect LOtR 12" figures. Its in the hands of fate now!

Well aint that a b**ch. I just checked my email and my wait list converted:lol:confused::monkey4....I was really hoping that if my wait list went through it would be in a week or two, not the same day I canceled my regular.....Now I dont have the funds to cover it:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Cruel fate!!!!!!!!!1

King Darkness said:
Well aint that a b**ch. I just checked my email and my wait list converted:lol:confused::monkey4....I was really hoping that if my wait list went through it would be in a week or two, not the same day I canceled my regular.....Now I dont have the funds to cover it

Cruel fate!!!!!!!!!1
Goes to show you where trusting to fate wiill getcha. :lol :rotfl :lol

Darklord Dave said:
People cancelling this now are going to be SO sorry about it in about 2 weeks. I guarantee it.

I agree Dave. I think this is gonna be a winner much like the SW ones where that got doubted so hard.

Wor-Gar said:
Also shows how many people are cancelling Aragorn. Cruel fate indeed. I hope this doesn't impact the line's pace.

True indeed, same day waitlist - conversion for a high profile exclusive is a good indicator these are being cancelled in large numbers.

I hope SSC is finally listening... collectors want what they ordered.

Last edited:
Well, I just got my shipping notification. Will probably get this very controversial piece by Friday. Will have to have him in hand and look for myself. I have some reservations, but not enough to cancel outright without giving it a fair personal appraisal. :aragorn

Wetanut said:
Well, I just got my shipping notification. Will probably get this very controversial piece by Friday. Will have to have him in hand and look for myself. I have some reservations, but not enough to cancel outright without giving it a fair personal appraisal. :aragorn

Agreed. This is the most anticipated figure IMO. It will echo what is to be expected in this line, and will determine for many if they will continue their support.

The paint application on that beard must have been done with a brown magic marker. I expect much more for my $75.

Darklord Dave said:

My feelings exactly... I remember a lot of people cancelling when they saw pics of Luke... And now he's one of the fondest remembered figures, even with the long arms.

Aragorn will be fantastic guys, trust me.

i also agree that if aragon turns out very bad im gonna cancel all the other pre-orders i have for the line. sorry, but for SS to screw up on the flagship character of the line leaves nothing doubts in my head.

Amanaman said:
The paint application on that beard must have been done with a brown magic marker. I expect much more for my $75.

Then Don't. Buy. It.

No offense Amanaman, and it's not directed at you specifically, but I'm beginning to think that folks have jumped on the "b***ch wagon" and are bellyaching just to bellyache. Pretty much all the disappointments, reservations, and criticisms have been said in the 350-something posts in this thread. :horse

DarkArtist81 said:
My feelings exactly... I remember a lot of people cancelling when they saw pics of Luke... And now he's one of the fondest remembered figures, even with the long arms.

Aragorn will be fantastic guys, trust me.

When it's corrected, yes, I certainly hope so. Boot repaint, jacket weathering, etc. How much will it cost me this time? I have now had to correct about four figures, that's my point. :D

And who is going to re-weather 5000 jackets?

Wetanut said:
Then Don't. Buy. It.

No offense Amanaman, and it's not directed at you specifically, but I'm beginning to think that folks have jumped on the "b***ch wagon" and are bellyaching just to bellyache. Pretty much all the disappointments, reservations, and criticisms have been said in the 350-something posts in this thread. :horse

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

I'm simply pointing out difference between the methods Sideshow's factory used in the production process versus my expectations.

I expect the paint on the beard to be applied in small strokes of varying tones, NOT just a blunt brown line across his upper lip.

Wetanut said:
Then Don't. Buy. It.

GO RUMI!!!!! :chew

I've been preauthed for Aragorn but no shipping notice yet. So I'm hoping for something late tonight or early tomorrow in order for me to get it by the end of the week.

Back