12" ANH Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys. (D., it's nice to see you're going through your blue period. :lol )

In regards to the dress, I really don't see how Sideshow could have done any better at 1:6 scale. Any thinner on the fabric, and the dress would rip like paper every time you tried to futz with it. Less material would have given the dress a more form-fitting look, similar to the way it falls over and clings to Carrie's body. But if they had gone with that method, you can bet that people would have been screaming over the lack of pleats at the belt. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it's the way of all material to require a certain amount of weight in proportion to a given amount of a given type of fabric, which allows the fabric to fall in such a way that it gives that striking silhouette that we all miss with this Leia figure. :( It's the nature of the beast, and not the fault of Sideshow in any way.

Next step: I'll be taking a steamer to the thing to get out some wrinkles. :D And I'm thinking of sewing some small fishing weights into the hem of the dress to "create" the weight needed to form to her body. Any suggestions on that?

And did anyone else notice Leia's white plastic knickers? :lol

Last edited:
The more pictures I see of this the more I think that the headsculpt and paint are dead on, right up there with ROTS Obi-Wan in terms of accuracy. I just wish they had taken a bit more care with her outfit. Still not sure whether to bite or wait for Hoth Leia.

I agree that for the most part they did right by the material and cut used for the dress. The only negative I have for it is the collar being a second piece. Other than that. Grade A.

I also think the hood is about the right size. I've heard some say its too small, but much bigger and it would look too bulky when on her back. The hood is big enough to pose half way up on her head and still hng towards the shoulders properly, which is how she wears it when its up.

I don't believe she ever has the hood all the way to her forehead.

The more pictures I see of this the more I think that the headsculpt and paint are dead on, right up there with ROTS Obi-Wan in terms of accuracy. I just wish they had taken a bit more care with her outfit. Still not sure whether to bite or wait for Hoth Leia.

I figure the next Leia will have less limiting eyes for poses, so that's certainly a factor. I also think overall a Hoth or even Endor Leia would have an outfit that turns out and feels better overall. If you want iconic and don't care about posed eyes, this figure is great, especially the portrait. If the eyes bother you or the outfit or you'd enjoy another representation more, I'd hold out.

I agree Smudger. The paint and sculpt are great the outfit on the other hand just isn't.

There is only one other version of Leia that I would want and that would be from the Bespin escape... she was pretty kickass looking then and I'd love to have a figure from that part.

There is only one other version of Leia that I would want and that would be from the Bespin escape... she was pretty kickass looking then and I'd love to have a figure from that part.

Speaking of Bespin Escape Leia....what if SSC did a 2 pack Leia similar to the 2 pack Sideous.

Hoth Leia and Bespin Leia. 2 heads, but the heads are interchangable so that the Bespin head can go on the Hoth Leia body to create the Bespin escape Leia.

Has anyone thought about modding her hand for the trigger finger? Like making a fine cut between her fingers? Would that work??

Hoth Leia and Bespin Leia. 2 heads, but the heads are interchangable so that the Bespin head can go on the Hoth Leia body to create the Bespin escape Leia.

That'd be more like Asajj and would likely be the Exclusive, but a good 2-pack would be Hoth Leia and Bespin Leia, still able to swap heads if you like, but you also get the Bespin dress, so it'd really be like 3 figure possibilities total, I'd be up for that.

Speaking of Bespin Escape Leia....what if SSC did a 2 pack Leia similar to the 2 pack Sideous.

I'd be down for that, its basically the same outfit right? That way everybody could be happy.

That'd be more like Asajj and would likely be the Exclusive, but a good 2-pack would be Hoth Leia and Bespin Leia, still able to swap heads if you like, but you also get the Bespin dress, so it'd really be like 3 figure possibilities total, I'd be up for that.

Yeah. Thats exactly what I said. :D I meant 2 figures, but the heads could be exchanged between them to make 4 different varients. (3 of which were in the movies).

I don't think SSC would make a Hoth Leia with an extra head like Assajj. I think the 2 pack is more likely.

A 2 pack would be a cool option then. I hope we see more 2 packs as this line goes on. That way we can make sure we get more of the figures we want like with the Palps.

The more pictures I see of this the more I think that the headsculpt and paint are dead on, right up there with ROTS Obi-Wan in terms of accuracy.

The production paint job on ROTS Obi-Wan is nowhere near SSC's best effort and was a huge disappointment.

The sculpt is great, though. Josh (DA) brought mine to life. :rock

Yeah. Thats exactly what I said. :D I meant 2 figures, but the heads could be exchanged between them to make 4 different varients. (3 of which were in the movies).

I don't think SSC would make a Hoth Leia with an extra head like Assajj. I think the 2 pack is more likely.

I'd like it if the Bespin Escape figure was a SDCC exclusive and the Hoth Leia was the regular release.

What's more, now that we have the ANH outfit, I hope SSC makes an exclusive with the TESB head for the end of the film in the Medical Frigate.

"a huge disappointment"

dude, they're just collectible figures...

Of course. And it didn't ruin my life (or even my day) or anything like that. But it was a "huge disappointment" in relative terms, nonetheless.

That these are collectible figures should not make them immune from any criticisms.

The paint on the prototype shown at Toy Fair and SDCC was eons better than what we got. I spent an extra $30 to get it to look more like what we we're hoping to get, so I'm happy now. But it was a lesson learned for me. I neither get excited or upset over a figure's paint apps until I see the final production piece. That one was clearly not one of SSC's best efforts, imho.

That said, I'm still a huge fan of this line. Many more hits than misses. :duff

In real life talking with my noncollecting friends, I wouldn't be like "OMG, this Obi-Wan was like a HUGE dissappointment."

I don't think anyone here would be like that.

But in "collectible forum world" where the tie between everyone here is collectibles, using that kind of drama is the norm and thats fine.

Anyway, my only complaint on the Obi-Wan paint is that its a bit caked in the beard.

Back