12/01 Q&A Dewbacks and Speeders? Whaaaaaaat?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noithing in the question said 1:6 scale. Sideshow would not be at all out of character to use the ambiguity of the question to throw the info of other formats out.

My skepticism stands.

It's as skeptical as the chances that Obama was really staring at that woman's ass. ;)

I agree a 1/6th Bantha would rock... especially since we're sure to get a tuskin raider! :monkey3

:lol I'd take a 1/6 Bantha, too! Problem is, Sideshow would probably make it polystone underneath the fur (if even they did real fur) and it'd cost about $400.

As far as Star Wars creatures go, I'd like to see in this order:

1. Rancor
2. Wampa
3. Acklay
4. Reek
5. Dewback
6. Taun Taun
7. Nexu
8. Bantha

Not sure what Jabba has to do with the likelihood of other creatures... Jabba was attached to a limited ed. (and pretty expensive) throne. People who couldn't afford the Throne didn't bother with Jabba... now make the Dewback more affordable plus without the above mentioned hangups with Jabba and I think it's not as unlikely as some would think.

Hmm... whether we prefer it or not it would almost certainly be the new one, which was actually changed during TPM and then retrofitted into the SE (again).

Hasbro just released a 3.75" scale version as a Walmart exclusive:

NEW-369.jpg

Here are all 3:

LC-1350.jpg

I'm almost always partial to original/classic stuff, but the latest Dewback design works for me.

I still cling to the old, original version. As a kid it was the very first Star Wars image I ever saw in a magazine... the one with the trooper sitting on its back, looking like some weird alien camel thing. I still like the 'sperm whale' head... although the newer version looks more like a real animal.

Acklay & Reek before Dewback and Nexu before Bantha??? FAIL. :monkey2

They're more interesting creature designs to me. Bantha's are cool, but ultimately just a hairy elephant of sorts, I like more dinosaur-esque stuff like the AOTC creatures.

Not sure what Jabba has to do with the likelihood of other creatures... Jabba was attached to a limited ed. (and pretty expensive) throne. People who couldn't afford the Throne didn't bother with Jabba... now make the Dewback more affordable plus without the above mentioned hangups with Jabba and I think it's not as unlikely as some would think.

Jabba may have been hurt by not having the throne come with him or be equally available, but you still have to wonder if other similar creatures might suffer a similar fate. I think the Rancor has a sporting chance because it's size would make it a real "wow" piece, and there's already a large number of Jabba products to sell it along with. Dewback might have a chance too with all the Sandtroopers, but outside of those 2, without seeing how 1 or 2 creatures in addition to Jabba sell, I don't think anything else has a good chance right now.

The first one looks like it was made for babies, the one in the middle looks like its based on a comic book, the one of the right looks like a Dewback.

Back