12/01 Q&A Dewbacks and Speeders? Whaaaaaaat?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabiansix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Crazy Sauce:

"Now that the 30th anniversary for “Empire Strikes Back” is upon us… is there a Hoth gear Han Solo in the works? (maybe blue coat like the Hasbro from the 80’s for the exclusive eddition) And how about Luke with Hoth gear? Have you guys thought about Taun Tauns or maybe Dewbacks… and maybe a Landspeeder!

Yes, we do have some special plans to celebrate Empire’s 30th. We’ve given thought to all versions of Luke and Han, including Hoth, and even the Dewback and Landspeeder are under consideration."

Dewbacks and Taun Tauns are possible I suppose, but given how slow Jabba is to go off the shelves, and the size of those creatures, I'm not sure how likely it is we will see them, I'm sure they want to do them, but I'm not sure if they could sell enough to seem worthwhile to Sideshow, I hope so, I think they could do a really nice job with them, but I'm not counting on it. I'm still glad we got Jabba, and I'd rather see a Rancor done before the other creatures, as I have a hunch if they do another creature, that'll be the determination of whether more are done in the future based on its sales.

MF's right. They should really have looked at Jabba again before considering this. He's STILL available. They'll probably try by making one, and when whichever that is doesn't sell as well as they'd "project," they'll can the idea. :lol

As for the tauntauns, I'd just pick up Hasbro's (found one at a local comic book shop for $26). You can find it for cheap and with a good darker wash, the thing really cleans up nice. No need to drop $200 on a polystone one.

Taun Tauns, Dewbacks or the Landspeeder... I would gladly buy all 3 if any is ever made.:)

If Sideshow were to have any special plans for TESB 30th anniversary, I am hoping for some SnowTroopers with their cannon.

Now that would only be enough for the trooper manning the big gun, I still need the other fella who is attending to the equipment box.:lol

Oh, absolutely. The equipment box would likely come with the gun as the Ex and the 1st Snowtrooper obligating us to fork over even more cash for a second regular trooper. WIN WIN! :D

Oh, absolutely. The equipment box would likely come with the gun as the Ex and the 1st Snowtrooper obligating us to fork over even more cash for a second regular trooper. WIN WIN! :D

Then that would be another $100 on top of the $175 pricetag.:lol

I am not seeing anything in that Q-n-A that indicates that these will be 1:6 scale. They could be any format.

However...if the do make Dewbacks, Taun Tauns, and speeders in 1:6 scale, I will be all over them.

Back